PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Series 15

JB x360a
06-28-2010, 12:43 PM
So it started again last night and as i have said before i thing it's all a bit samey, it seems like everything they did they have done before, i know it must be hard to make it new and exciting after 120 episodes.
For example next week:
"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are given a budget of 5,000 pounds to buy a car that is good on the track and equally as good as a family car."

As much as I love the show maybe they should have left it, i think the danger is that they will end up with people hating instead of going out on a high.

jtr1gg3r
06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I gotta watch it on iplayer, I missed it =P

JB x360a
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, i missed it last night, i was a little pissed after the football but in my hungover state managed to watch this morning on iplayer at work.

hodge
06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I think that it was alright, but the reliant robin feature was just hilarious!! However, the volcano feature really annoyed me - Who would seriously go that close to an active volcano? And whats more, who the hell would stick their arm out near to it??

JB x360a
06-28-2010, 01:48 PM
However, the volcano feature really annoyed me - Who would seriously go that close to an active volcano? And whats more, who the hell would stick their arm out near to it??

James May, and ermmm James May!

I actually think James May has been the best one of the three in the last couple of series.

Omega Jim
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Overall I thought last night's was pretty good, my two downsides were that there wasn't as much of all three lads together, which are some of my favourite bits.

James was missing from the Cee'd Celeb BBQ, and the Reliant Crashing, Volcano Stalking and Lacetti Burying were all individual efforts, although I liked them all. (The volcano bit had me 'clenched', I wouldn't have fancied that at all)

Sounds like they're back together for next week though, and for the bonkers mobile homes thing.

Anyone heard if there will be a Big Adventure this series? or will that be the winter session again.

Frasr
06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
the reliant robin feature was just hilarious!!
yeah! I totally wasn't expecting it to roll over and slide across the road as soon as he pulled out the drive
YouTube- Top Gear Reliant Robin Crashes Series 15 Episode one

JB x360a
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
yeah! I totally wasn't expecting it to roll over and slide across the road as soon as he pulled out the drive

This was definatly the best feature on the show.

SALT1R3
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I'll be watching as always, just hope they calm down on the things that go wrong and are clearly setup.

KwH x Fatality
07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I know most of he episodes are repeats but i love the show.
Plus the BBC would get rid of it because it's worth 30 million to them.

The relieant Robin was funny and the best part of episode 1.

Corrupt.
07-04-2010, 12:52 AM
I can't remember the last time I literally laughed out loud at a TV program, the last 10 mins of the show was epic...

SALT1R3
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
James May, and ermmm James May!

I actually think James May has been the best one of the three in the last couple of series.

Gotta agree with you there mate, James is my fave too.

SALT1R3
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
This was definatly the best feature on the show.

Yeah I spat out my coffee laughing at that one :)

Corrupt.
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Last nights episode was distinctly average...

SALT1R3
07-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Last nights episode was distinctly average...

Yeah it wasnt that great to be fair.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-06-2010, 04:34 AM
People always complain when a show uses the same formula over and over again...to me it fits in certain shows and I like it...

to me the set up of top gear is perfect to show off the antics of the guys

hmm...not a new season here yet on BBCA

(and it still bothers me when a season is called a series in the UK)

SALT1R3
07-21-2010, 06:31 PM
It was pretty good this week, loved Clarksons 3-storied car wobbling around on the motorway's, feckin hilarious! :D

Murdok1
07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately I've missed the first two episodes of Top Gear,oh well guess I will watch it on Dave sometime.No doubt it will be repeated on there for the next few years.

Minty
07-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Got to say tonights was up there as one of my favourites of all time.

Seeing the Veyron hitting over 260 MPH, seeing Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz on the reasonably price car (and them both being sound) and then the tribute to Senna. That took me right back to when I was a kid. Will never forget that crash. Hard to believe it was 16 years ago.

RIP Senna.

SALT1R3
07-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Got to say tonights was up there as one of my favourites of all time.

Seeing the Veyron hitting over 260 MPH, seeing Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz on the reasonably price car (and them both being sound) and then the tribute to Senna. That took me right back to when I was a kid. Will never forget that crash. Hard to believe it was 16 years ago.

RIP Senna.

Yeah that was a classic Top Gear tonight, Senna was my hero and saw him win at Monza in '92 and it was a fitting tribute to the greatest F1 driver of them all. I watched Imola in '94 and saw Ratzenberger killed, Alboreto's wheel come off at 100 mph in the pit lane and then Senna's crash as well and balled my eyes out like Hamilton said he did when he learnt of the great mans death.

Whats even more tragic though is that F1 has lost all that spark that made it so appealing back in the 80's and earlier. Seeing Senna et al on the very limit and the car dancing around was just sensational; it felt so organic. Everything is so constrained now that its very hard to judge who the best driver is in a race - its so clinical.

The other parts of the show were pretty good too, it was a lot of fun with Diaz and Cruise even though they were only there really to promote their movie to 350 million viewers.

And of course the mighty Captain Slow putting the new Veyron through its paces was a great piece of telly.

10/10 for tonights show definately.

nix19
08-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I just started watching the show two years ago and can't get enough of it. They may do challenges that are quite similar but they are still entertaining to me at least.