PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed covers Judas Priest

Joker0fLife
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
VERY VERY good cover of Judas Priest's "Living After Midnight"

YouTube- Disturbed - Living After Midnight

Muffin the Holy
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Can't listen or watch the video (blocked at work), but I'm sure this is great. Their cover of Land of Confusion by Genesis (which is an amazing song itself) was perfection. I'll edit my post later with my opinion when I hear it at home.

Turkey2242
06-28-2010, 06:49 PM
lolwut? painkiller intro... amazing cover!

tangog00se
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM
That's great. I wonder if it's going to be on Asylum.

Burning Karma
06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Sweet cover. Now I just need to find an MP3 of it.

Xerofox
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM

If you use firefox, download the downloadHelper add on and go to the video on youtube. Now you can download the video or the mp3 file.

I always love Disturbed, Shout 2000 and Land of Confusion were great covers too and this one rocks too.

Neverender
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Why the Painkiller intro? Show-off drummer :p

I don't like Disturbed, but this cover is actually pretty good.

ApochWeiss
06-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Why the Painkiller intro? Show-off drummer :p

I don't like Disturbed, but this cover is actually pretty good.

Yeah, I was excited thinking it was a typo! All I could picture was the one chinese guy's pissed off comment at work: "HUT!HUTHUTHUT! HUT! oooohhh....you.....sneaky bastard!!!"

Oh well. I close this with the statement from one of my favorite cartoon characters: Mr. Horse.

"Hmmm..............Hmmm..............*inhale* *pause* hmmmmm....................................No sir. I don't like it."

Burning Karma
06-29-2010, 02:48 AM
If you use firefox, download the downloadHelper add on and go to the video on youtube. Now you can download the video or the mp3 file.
Yeah, but what bitrate will the download be?

Gorilla Stomper
06-29-2010, 03:13 AM
http://erroraccessdenied.com/files/images/tequilacat_0.jpg

I fucking hate Disturbed, and I fucking hate this cover.

Joker0fLife
06-29-2010, 04:12 AM
That's great. I wonder if it's going to be on Asylum.

It won't. It is on the tribute CD for Judas Priest made by Metal Hammer, exclusively found in last months issue.

Much better than my other method, but when I go to drag and drop the converted audio file into Itunes, it won't. Did this happen to you too?

Also, I tried downloading another file and the conversion won't even work anymore, I think I broke it...

Crimson Ridley
06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I was excited thinking it was a typo! All I could picture was the one chinese guy's pissed off comment at work: "HUT!HUTHUTHUT! HUT! oooohhh....you.....sneaky bastard!!!"

Oh well. I close this with the statement from one of my favorite cartoon characters: Mr. Horse.

"Hmmm..............Hmmm..............*inhale* *pause* hmmmmm....................................No sir. I don't like it."

You...

I fucking hate Disturbed, and I fucking hate this cover.

Could have just said this.

I love Disturbed, and this cover is pretty cool, not as good as Land of Confusion, but still good. Can't wait for Asylum, I'm really hoping it's as good as Indestructible or 10k Fists, though like most new albums, itll probably be a dissapointment.

Xerofox
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Don't really know, depends on the quality of the song on youtube I guess. The songs are of high quality.

Much better than my other method, but when I go to drag and drop the converted audio file into Itunes, it won't. Did this happen to you too?

Also, I tried downloading another file and the conversion won't even work anymore, I think I broke it...

I can just download and drop the songs in iTunes, even synchronize it with my iPhone. I never had any problems with it, I've ripped whole cd's from youtube this way.

Jemocasa
06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
It's a good cover. The first time I heard Disturbed is when they opened for Rob Halford and Iron Maiden and I've been a fan ever since.

Blah 2k
06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow that was actually pretty damn good. Gotta say I wasn't expecting Disturbed to cover some Judas Priest :woop:

Joker0fLife
06-30-2010, 02:51 AM
Wow that was actually pretty damn good. Gotta say I wasn't expecting Disturbed to cover some Judas Priest :woop:
OHOHOHO, trust me it's a lot better than the other covers on the CD.

Full tracklisting runs:
1. FIREWIND – Breaking The Law
2. TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED – ‘Rapid Fire’
3. THAUROROD – ‘Metal Gods’
4. BLEED FROM WITHIN – ‘Grinder’
5. ARTHEMIS – ‘United’
6. DISTURBED – ‘Living After Midnight’
7. IMICUS – ‘You Don’t Have To Be Old To Be Wise’
8. RISE TO REMAIN – ‘The Rage’
9. STEELWING – ‘Steeler’

Volzagia
06-30-2010, 03:02 AM
Firewind's Cover of breaking the Law was the best, Didnt really like disturbed's cover that much.

Neverender
06-30-2010, 03:30 AM
I'd still like to see a halfway decent band do a cover of "Painkiller."

Joker0fLife
06-30-2010, 04:00 AM
I'd still like to see a halfway decent band do a cover of "Painkiller."

I wish Disturbed would have done it, their intro was excellent.

Neverender
06-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Disturbed's intro sounded slower than the original. They might have been playing it slow or it could've been the way either of them was recorded or just different drum sets, but it just seemed slow to me.