PDA

View Full Version : Carell was Serious

rvlution
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b187949_steve_carell_confirms_hes_leaving.html

I don't mind the show ending but going on without him doesn't seem like a good idea.

SynysterChris
06-29-2010, 07:03 AM
If he really does leave, this show will tank. If he is gone the office will just run like a normal office. With no crazy antics.

Darth Trom
06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Sad day :(.... Definitely my favorite comedy of all time... With that and the end of Lost and 24, my wife and I will have nothing to watch.... oh well, more time for achievements.... lol.

Ryan2099
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Guess we all had to know this would happen eventually, either with him or Rainn Wilson or one of the other main characters.

This might not be that bad, depending on who or how they replace him.

Neverender
06-29-2010, 09:41 PM
They better make the next season freaking awesome to compensate.

And the same thing will happen to the Office that happened to Scrubs: They'll make one more crappy season, ruin the show with it, and then end it because the ratings are lower. Just whatever makes them the most profit before the inevitable, I guess...

TVthePunisher
06-30-2010, 03:10 AM
^I saw one episode of the recent Scrubs and I must say, it was terrible. Who is left anyways, Turk? Dr. Cox and an cameo appearance here and there by Kelso? Sigh...or is that the "Interns" show, I don't know. Whatever it is, whole new cast and I don't like ANY OF THEM.

Neverender
06-30-2010, 03:25 AM
^The only main characters that were left were Turk and Dr. Cox. All of the other cast members were just in a few episodes to help it "transition." They (and the series) failed miserably, and sometime in May they officially announced the series was canceled.

SynysterChris
06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I have a feeling they will make Jim the new Manager, and then it will go one more season then the company will go bankrupt. And it will show where the characters will end up after Dunder Mufflin.

lordrex217
07-01-2010, 02:08 AM
it's funny, i hate his character on the show, yet at the same time i can't see the show being able to last without him.

rvlution
07-01-2010, 02:55 AM
I am perfectly ok with the show ending (it has to eventually) but dragging it on is worse than it ending.

SALT1R3
07-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Considering the UK original only ran to two seasons, then the US one has had a great run - could be time to stop now whilst still good.

domn8rdom
07-07-2010, 04:23 AM
^The only main characters that were left were Turk and Dr. Cox. All of the other cast members were just in a few episodes to help it "transition." They (and the series) failed miserably, and sometime in May they officially announced the series was canceled.

Once Scrubs got rid of Ted and the janitor. It went into the tank. Ted was the greatest character on that show.

As long as Dwight is on the show, I will still watch it. Steve Carell leaving is a huge blow but I would like to see them at least try to save it even though it will fail.

aintezbeinweezy
07-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Not a big fan of this. I like the UK Office much more anyway. Carell is really the only reason I do watch this occasionally and if he leaves I can't see that going good for the show at all.

The comment about dragging it out is spot on. Not only will that make the series a joke but will also likely ruin the careers of those involved. If only that could have happened to Will Smith.

sigmund500
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
ill believe it when i see it...