PDA

View Full Version : Can you have more than one save files?

CrossFireZX5
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
I was planning on doing everything I had left during my 2nd playthrough on Nightmare (20 Manuscipt pages, 25-ish thermoses, 5 signs, and 10 chests) but its been getting a little hectic and I'm considering going back to play through on Normal again to get all of the collectables (minus the Nightmare Manuscipts) The only problem with that is I'm already about 1/4 of the way through Episode 2 (right before meeting the big brutes for the 1st time) and I don't want to have to start my Nightmare run all over again. I've noticed that when you hit Continue, there's a number 1 next to the save file. Is it possible to have more than one save file active at once? If so how do you do it because when I started my Nightmare run, I hit New game and said yes to the save file overwrite then the save I had prepared for when I finally got to show my buddies the game (Had it saved at the Epic Stage Defense in Ep. 4) One other question, (if its possible to have the multiple files), if I started this new file, then went to Episodes right after it saved for the first time, could I load up Episode 2 and continue my collectable hunt from where I left off?

Hawaiian
06-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes you can have several save files at once but each save has to be located on a different storage device (i.e. Hard Drive, Memory Unit A, Memory Unit B, USB, etc.). Nevertheless certain information such as your statistics are tied to your gamertag, if I remember correctly even the "unlocked" episodes (the ones you've already completed). So you should be able to continue where you left off by selecting the episodes in the episodes menu. Hope this helps.

ZACK GSF
06-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Well it's all basically on one save even though it says differently. Any progress you make will reflect across all difficulties; ie. any collectables you pick up in easy and nightmare will go towards your total #

Also in order for the collectables to be saved to your total you must reach a checkpoint so that the game saves.