PDA

View Full Version : Have retail disc, how do you play downloaded games

chris8875
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi everyone - wondering if someone could help me -

I have the retail disc based version of Hasbro Family Game Night, but now want to download and play Jenga.

I've downloaded the demo to my HDD, but for some reason it won't show up when I go into the game to play - it only allows me to play the disc-based versions of the games.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to access Jenga via having th retail disc in the drive and searching, or whether there is something else I have to do (put te disc on my HDD, download te Game Night hub to my HDD and access Jenga through that, etc)

Has anyone else had any issues with this - nad what have you done to solve them?

Thanks so much.

intheshallow
06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
I also have the retail disc. I see all 3 new games on the bottom of the games list. I have to download the trial game then unlock it for the full game still of course.

If you don't see them, I'd suggest clearing your cache possibly.

B8TINGU
07-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Yea, you need to unlock the full games for them to show up when you put your disc in. I'm not however sure if they will not show up in your library without the disk.. meaning if they are stand alone aracde titles or if they require you to have the disc in.

mrj3d
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
While I can't say for certain (I also have the retail disk but I haven't bought any of the other 3 games), I do believe that you must have the disk in and loaded to access the DLC games. They will not work as stand alone from the dashboard.

littlejay
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
can't you just download the game night thing from the marketplace then buy it that way? then not worry about the disk at all

Chazzi27
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
can't you just download the game night thing from the marketplace then buy it that way? then not worry about the disk at all

But you wouldn't be able to play any of the other games in Game Night without the disk, unless you had also purchased them stand alone. I believe at least. And that depending on you're play frequency of the original games that could get quite annoying.

Ravenousguy
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I dont seem to see any of the trial games. I bought Jenga but cant get it to show up at all.

I downloaded all trial games, downloaded Jenga again, cleared my cache etc etc.. still cant seem them?

Edit: Well i dunno what i did right but now they showed up :P

COTTERS3000
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm having the same problem, I have the retail disc and have just paid 800msp each for jenga and pictureeka (however its spelt). Neither are showing up when I load the game up either.

xMidget_Furyx
11-27-2010, 10:12 PM
family game night 3 has the new games on it

Foxxy kyle
09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I feel kind of stupid asking this, but if I re the Retail version from gamefly what all game will be included? Will I have to purchase all of the other games with msp if I want to get the full 1850gs, or do they just come with the game?

zarda1
01-03-2012, 06:53 AM
HOW MUCH GS?:
if you rent the game i believe you can net 1400G total. leaving you with 3 more games to buy at 800msp each for the last 450.

CAN'T ACCESS DLC:
go to market place and download the free game. its the game room you'd have when you put the disc in. you can't install the games from the disc either. i don't have the disc but im playing jenga with the game room. you will have all the games shown but you can only play what you own.

RichRichie1989
10-28-2012, 06:04 PM
i download jenga for 400 msp but it doesnt show up for some reason