PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts after playing

Jarimy123
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Ok so I had high hopes for this game. After seeing previews of a game where you are a teddy bear that goes around torturing and killing other bears, it just seemed too hilarious to not be good!

I got it last night and started to play. I was like "Wow this game isn't as good as I thought." And then 20 minutes later I couldn't get enough!!!!

The graphics are great, the storyline is hilarious, and game play is what it's meant to be, run around and rack up as many naughty points as possible! I found myself strategizing, pretty in depth, how to torture and kills bears to get the most points possible. And I thought "wow this is seriously so funny."

I saw some rather poor reviews on the game, I'd just like to say that I think it's great. And it's not a cakewalk either. Getting to the 3rd phase of a level and then dying puts you back at the very beginning, which sucks, but is challenging. You do at least get -70% of your points scored in that round though.

I recommend it for sure.

WonderCaliban
06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
I got it last night and started to play. I was like "Wow this game isn't as good as I thought." And then 20 minutes later I couldn't get enough!!!!

I felt the same way.

I was expecting more. But I've enjoyed playing and it's great fun.

As it's only 756 mb I cannot understand why they decided to go for a retail release. It would have been much more suited as an XBLA title.

I hope they make a much more expanded second one. But given the lack of people on the leaderboards indicating not alot of sales and the poor reviews I doubt it :(

Azrael008uk
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
This is a really fun game that is still keeping me going after almost a week of daily play.

It's a shame that some people will be put off by low review scores and laughable that some people will shrug it off because it's HD install size is under a GB but that's their loss.

The game might not be perfect but it sure is fun.

Az

Jarimy123
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I can't fathom the bad reviews. It's not really as repetative as people say claim. The game is what it is. It's ridiculously stupid, but in a GREAT way.

And leaderboards, eh, I don't pay those much attention at all. I can totally see this game not selling that great, at $50 new. I got mine at K-Mart for $34.99. But people are definitely missing out on a really great game.

You seriously will be hooked after 20 minutes. You are a bear on an island running around torturing and killing other bears in all sorts of hilarious ways. And after you get the hang out it, you start to become really tactical about how to get as many points as possible. It's so good.

Jarimy123
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I think people want it to be something it's not. It's not GTA, RDR, or Mass Effect. It's a game where you are a crazy bear that runs around setting up, torturing, and killing other bears that have done you wrong. It's different than any game out there I can think of, which is so awesome IMO.

I hope they have a new portion of the island as DLC. And make it free (yea right haha)

jtr1gg3r
06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
As it's only 756 mb I cannot understand why they decided to go for a retail release. It would have been much more suited as an XBLA title.

maybe 1000 :gsicon: is better than 200 :gsicon: ?

I So RecKLeSs I
06-30-2010, 04:15 PM
i want this game

zeke53
06-30-2010, 05:25 PM
im enjoying it so far. it could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse. i just cant stand when reviews are given and it says that the game is repetitive...every game can be seen as repetitive if you want to shit all over it and not give it a chance.

Jarimy123
06-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Yea, plus it's not even that repetative anyway. I think that's a really weak argument if you are trying to say the game isn't good. There's a ton to do. Maybe when you start getting to the 4th level of the episode, but even then it's a different objective.

Rhiot
07-02-2010, 05:22 AM
OK, I was really stoked about getting this game, after all it does look like a blast. Waiting for some reviews I finally see one at IGN and they just dissed this game giving it a 3.0 out of 10! After reading "How repetitive and horrible this game is" I was really disappointed and I decided I wasn't going to purchase it. But after reading what you guys say, it reaaly changed my mind and I actually want this game pretty badly now!
:woop:

Jarimy123
07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Yea I'd recommend it for sure. It is what it is. A hilarious game where you a freaking teddy bear running around killing/torturing other bears. I think people expect it to be the next big game or something, but that's not what it is.

It's actually insanely fun, and almost addicting to a point, because it's actually a difficult game. If you die or if you play one of the missions where you can't get hit or be seen, and you do on the 3rd part, you have to start all over. It's frustrating, but makes the game hard.

Anyone hating on it, IMO, just doesn't get it.

darkarchon433
07-03-2010, 11:02 PM
I saw the trailers for the game before buying it and it looked like the game creators were going for a very specific gamer on this one. Those that think things are great because they are terrible or outlandish.

After picking up the game, I found my assumptions to be correct, and the game should be commended for finding a target audience and making a game that they would enjoy. Overall this game is hilarious and creative. The narrator should be shot at some times but, that I can live with. Long live Naughty Bear.

MelangeAddict
07-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Oh sure, this game can seem repetitive to those who just run through playing the episodes and not trying to get a high score. There is something addicting though about setting up traps and sabotaging items to entice unsuspecting bears into them, and then yelling BOO! before disappering in the woods. I find a true satisfaction in turning every bear in the zone insane. Delicious defluffication.

Lymle
07-04-2010, 12:01 PM
OK, I was really stoked about getting this game, after all it does look like a blast. Waiting for some reviews I finally see one at IGN and they just dissed this game giving it a 3.0 out of 10! After reading "How repetitive and horrible this game is" I was really disappointed and I decided I wasn't going to purchase it. But after reading what you guys say, it reaaly changed my mind and I actually want this game pretty badly now!
:woop:

IGN=blows imo

So far i'm really enjoying this game :3. Also not telling you what to do or anything, but maybe in the future you've learned not to listen to IGN <.< -learned this long ago- but hey that's just this gal's opinion ;)

Dragon83uk
07-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand it's a great game with a well thought out style and story, on the other hand after about 3 days of playing it, I feel like I've seen it all already. Also it seems to be the most buggy game I've played in a long while, it's crashed my xbox over 10 times in the past 3 days. It really could of benefitted from having a different location for each episode and I'd of liked to of seen a hell of a lot more object kills. Despite all this it is a fun and occasionally challenging game. Personally I'm glad I rented it rather than buying it, I don't think I'd of been so cheerful about it if I'd payed full retail.

nayR2012
07-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree that it can be great fun, especially as you get into the challenges and have to devise new strategies to sneak around and get more naughtiness, ect. This would all be worth it and make it well replayable.. IF it wasn't for all the freezing issues...

I'm stuck on the same level/challenges and cannot progress, currently at 10x in a row freezing right at end of level!.. thats after all the time consuming sneaking and plotting which when youve done the same challenge 10x in a row scoring gold/plat and having it freeze right at end gets boring and frustrating quick.

This could've been a fun game, but anyone whose experienced the freezing will find it more a chore to attempt to pass a level then enjoy it for what it could be..

EJCamacho2008
07-04-2010, 10:07 PM
this game sounds fun I might pick it up

Snakes117
07-04-2010, 10:20 PM
I really like this game but i hope they will patch it or something because i would really like to be able to play the multiplayer.

BlindxLink
07-05-2010, 08:20 AM
I think in general people rate the game low because of the product you're getting for 60 bucks or whatever.

To be honest, I have no played this game, nor do I plan to later in the future. It just sounds like the main enjoyment everyone's getting from this is fun by killing other bears. I think that personally sounds like it can get boring VERY quickly. It also sounds like you just get points and junk for doing different kills. Sounds like entertainment for a few days max.

EcT Felix
07-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Great game! How the hell can you review writers here at x360a give it a so bad score?

And the solution for the friaing issiues is very simple, just install the game at the hard drive :)

I wait for DLC now! Great game!

NawtyCawty
07-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I think exactly the same too. Ok so its not the greatest game in the world, but it is mindless fun. Who wants a deep meaningful storyline in every game they play anyway, if I want to think I will play Alan Wake or something. Its good for a quick blast now and then. I just hope they patch it soon too, its got more bugs than a hippy's beard! Oh and I never take much notice of reviews on this site, if its not Call of Duty or Halo they aren't interested.