PDA

View Full Version : Online pass question

mickspawn
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi guys, i bought a new copy of this, can i use online on 2 consoles at my house or only one console? See depending on what im doing i either play in the bedroom or loungeroom so it would be annoying if i was limited to one machine. And can all gamertags on the same console use online?

Minty
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
1 console only

Chazzi27
07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
It's per gamertag, not console, so if you recover your gamertag based on where you are playing you'd be fine...otherwise you'd need to shell out another 10 bucks.

Minty
07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm fairly sure it's per console, the fact that two gamertags can play it on the same console....

mickspawn
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
ok i found some stuff on EA site that kind of explains things

What happens if my console dies or is lost or stolen?
If you have already redeemed the code from your game manual or purchased Online Pass access, you will be able to access online features from any console using the same Xbox 360 gamer tag or Playstation3 persona. You may need to go to the ‘my downloaded content’ section in Xbox LIVE Marketplace or PSN Store to re-download your EA SPORTS Online Pass.

So i assume wherever you take your gamertag you can re-download the live pass depending on where you are.

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

Does this mean if i go to another console i can redownload and use the live pass but all users on the other console can't? i read this as meaning all users on the console where it was activated, and if i go to another console only i can use it? ugh

then theres more...

What happens if I play at a friend’s console?
If you have purchased Online Pass access or redeemed a code for free access on one console, you can use your access on any other console. To do so, sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag or PSN ID persona on your friend’s console when playing online.

But this doesnt explain if your FRIEND can use the pass aswell..

litepink
07-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I answered all these questions in my guide under the "FAQ" section a few weeks back:)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3179980&postcount=5

scousers on tour
07-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Going to rent this and I understand the 7 day trial thing , but if I dont get all the online achievements and decide to rent again say a month or so down the line, the chances are i wont get the same disk, will i have to download another pass ? to play online again, or will the original one i downloaded still work ?? dont know if each disk is assigned a specific code

thanks in advance for all replies

litepink
07-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Going to rent this and I understand the 7 day trial thing , but if I dont get all the online achievements and decide to rent again say a month or so down the line, the chances are i wont get the same disk, will i have to download another pass ? to play online again, or will the original one i downloaded still work ?? dont know if each disk is assigned a specific code

thanks in advance for all replies

Unless the surveys and videos are linked to the Online Pass (I think they might be) you could get all the online achievements in less than seven days rather easily.

The online pass is linked to your tag and/or your console. Once you buy a pass or redeem your code, it's yours forever no matter where or on what disk you play on. You can play at a friends if you want even.

scousers on tour
07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Unless the surveys and videos are linked to the Online Pass (I think they might be) you could get all the online achievements in less than seven days rather easily.

The online pass is linked to your tag and/or your console. Once you buy a pass or redeem your code, it's yours forever no matter where or on what disk you play on. You can play at a friends if you want even.

thanks its appreciated, will have a ride out to the rental shop and pick one up now i know that, just been reading thru your guide great job

DLStChad II
07-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I got a preowned copy yesterday. I didnt know anything about this online pass till it asked me for that code. Lucky for me the copy i have had an unused code.
I really cant believe EA or anyone would penalise someone for buying a preowned copy and charge them to play online!!!! Shocking.

sonofhal
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
It's EA - not that hard to believe. If you are just after getting all the achievements then a week will be plenty of time - with the possible exception of the video and survey ones (IE - if there are none currently active) and the 12 x 12 team one.

Chazzi27
07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I got a preowned copy yesterday. I didnt know anything about this online pass till it asked me for that code. Lucky for me the copy i have had an unused code.
I really cant believe EA or anyone would penalise someone for buying a preowned copy and charge them to play online!!!! Shocking.

This is something I have been trying to defend since it came up. EA is not Penalizing you for buying a used game. They are simply trying to get SOMETHING from the sale of a pre-owned game. When you buy a pre-owned game they get absolutely nothing form that sale. All of the money goes to the retailer, which is why GameStop pushes preowned games, when you buy them they are all profit (outside of the measly few dollars they paid for the trade-in)

People who make EA to be a Villain in all this clearly doesn't understand that. I admit that if you buy a game a year or so after release there's a legitimate gripe, but the servers cost money for EA to run and the sales of their game are being hurt by pre-owned copies being out there. Do not blame EA for charging for online access, blame GameStop since it has been their fault that EA and other companies have been forced to do things like this.