PDA

View Full Version : Watch out! Game freeze!

Bishop24
07-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't know if this just happened to me or what, but after you finish the game, and the credits start rolling, DO NOT hit the guide button to view the achievements you just earned. I played through the game on hard and once the credits were rolling I was going to make sure I got all of the difficulty achievements, as soon as I did this the game froze. I had to turn the 360 off and back on. Once I turned the 360 back on, I only had the difficulty achievements for easy and hard, not medium. All I had to do was play the last checkpoint over again the medium difficulty achievement unlocked. Once it unlocked I hit the guide button again during the credits and the game froze for a second time.

So, just a warning, if you're playing through the game on hard, DO NOT hit the guide button once the end game credits start rolling. Make sure you either let them finish or you hit the "A" button to skip them. Like I said though, maybe this just happened to me, but it freaked me out, because I had a feeling the game freezing would mess up my achievements.

HairyLambchops7
07-01-2010, 03:42 AM
The same thing happened to me but it still gave me the achievements. My game froze three times throughout the campaign.

segs gsi
07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
thanks for the heads up bishop...at least you didn't have to play all way through medium again..only on 3rd mission but not locked up for me yet

Ashraam
07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I wondered if anyone else was having problem with game freezing. I've been trying for almost two days now just to get through the first level. My game freezes every 5-10 minutes. The only thing I can do is try to rush to the next checkpoint before the next freeze.

I'm hoping completing the first level will let me play the others with no problem, since the training level ran fine.

One time I actually managed to get to the "sniping position" and take the shot on the general, and the game froze during the bullet-travel scene. When I went to load my game again, the save file was corrupted and I had to start over on the level. :mad:

I'm trying really hard to like this game, but this is seriously annoying. Played all the way through Singularity in the last couple days without a single issue, so I don't think it's my Xbox.

Anyone have any ideas?

DusanMandic219
07-03-2010, 09:58 PM
have you tried installing it?

acurate bob
07-03-2010, 10:37 PM
It might just be the disc.

I'd suggest seeing if the same disc workin in a different xbox.

Other than that I think you must be really unlucky.

Ashraam
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah I did try installing. The disc looks fine, but who knows. I may have to try it in my buddy's 360.

Beatermans411
07-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I'm on the mission On My Own where you have to use C4 on the 3 anti aircraft turrets. Everytime I blow up the first turret, the game freezes. I've tried doing a different turret first each time, but the same result. Not sure what to do about it.

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
07-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I'm on the mission On My Own where you have to use C4 on the 3 anti aircraft turrets. Everytime I blow up the first turret, the game freezes. I've tried doing a different turret first each time, but the same result. Not sure what to do about it.

1. Try using Grenades
2. Save game to HDD
3. Make sure C4 is touching Artillery when detonated

acurate bob
07-04-2010, 03:57 PM
No probable cause of freezing up. The files on the disc after creation may not have transferred correctly. If so then a new game would be needed. Cause to me, after thinking about it, that sounds more like a scripting error. Locking up the code and so freezing the game as a result of a transfering error.

scottland1986
07-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I wondered if anyone else was having problem with game freezing. I've been trying for almost two days now just to get through the first level. My game freezes every 5-10 minutes. The only thing I can do is try to rush to the next checkpoint before the next freeze.

I'm hoping completing the first level will let me play the others with no problem, since the training level ran fine.

One time I actually managed to get to the "sniping position" and take the shot on the general, and the game froze during the bullet-travel scene. When I went to load my game again, the save file was corrupted and I had to start over on the level. :mad:

I'm trying really hard to like this game, but this is seriously annoying. Played all the way through Singularity in the last couple days without a single issue, so I don't think it's my Xbox.

Anyone have any ideas?

My game never froze once except at the very end when I went to view my achievements (like the OP) but it did temporarily freeze a few times...it sounds like your disc/Xbox is the problem though cause that's not right.

Beatermans411
07-06-2010, 07:55 PM
None of those worked, go figure. But thanks for the suggestions.

fear30x
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't know if this just happened to me or what, but after you finish the game, and the credits start rolling, DO NOT hit the guide button to view the achievements you just earned. I played through the game on hard and once the credits were rolling I was going to make sure I got all of the difficulty achievements, as soon as I did this the game froze. I had to turn the 360 off and back on. Once I turned the 360 back on, I only had the difficulty achievements for easy and hard, not medium. All I had to do was play the last checkpoint over again the medium difficulty achievement unlocked. Once it unlocked I hit the guide button again during the credits and the game froze for a second time.

So, just a warning, if you're playing through the game on hard, DO NOT hit the guide button once the end game credits start rolling. Make sure you either let them finish or you hit the "A" button to skip them. Like I said though, maybe this just happened to me, but it freaked me out, because I had a feeling the game freezing would mess up my achievements.
I AM playing offline to avoid freezing,glithes, WRONG it freezes anyhow lol

Screen changes from light to dark often, amd i knew something was wrong when it took 4mins to load on hardrive

Lekes
07-09-2010, 01:02 AM
The same to me, was playing on hard and just popped the act IV chievo before freeze.
Waiting for a update or something.