PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Question on XBOX Slim

JSP 16
07-01-2010, 02:01 AM
So I heard the new slim box can make your wireless connection go faster. I live in a place that has an awful connection. On halo 3 the bar only goes to the red bar and never goes on either yellow or green.

So the question is...will the new xbox make my connection faster? Making the red bar get to atleast a yellow or green?

StolenPaper18
07-01-2010, 02:02 AM
So I heard the new slim box can make your wireless connection go faster. I live in a place that has an awful connection. On halo 3 the bar only goes to the red bar and never goes on either yellow or green.

So the question is...will the new xbox make my connection faster? Making the red bar get to atleast a yellow or green?
WTFBBQ?

You're asking if the built in Wi-Fi adapter is going to make your internet...faster? I don't see how that is in any way possible.

InsaneKiller911
07-01-2010, 02:07 AM
The slim uses a Wireless N adapter. So to take advantage of the faster speeds you must buy a Wireless N router. But if your using an ethernet cable, you won't gain any faster speeds. It's only faster compared to older wireless networks.

gamerguy69
07-01-2010, 02:21 AM

WTFBBQ?

You're asking if the built in Wi-Fi adapter is going to make your internet...faster? I don't see how that is in any way possible.

I hope your internet connection is really YOUR internet connection. :confused:

Fizzmatix
07-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Simply put, No. If you have a wireless N router then the connection between the router and your xbox will be faster than the general wi-fi adapters which are lower than N. If your internet is terrible that's down to your ISP and general service.