PDA

View Full Version : No MMO's on 360

King Agam
07-01-2010, 03:38 AM
I searched for a thread but couldn't find one so...Is it just me or is anyone else super annoyered that they are no current MMO's on the 360. I so mad FF 14 is coming out to it but anyone would be nice, stupid PS3.

Zorlance
07-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Final Fantasy XI
Phantasy Star Universe

King Agam
07-01-2010, 03:47 AM
I know about those but I meant current or coming soon

tweak4ever
07-01-2010, 03:51 AM
who knows, im sure theyll be one eventually

zly74
07-01-2010, 04:07 AM
I'm sure the main reason is that an MMO would be really complicated to do without a keyboard. WoW would have been impossible with a controller. Plus most console gamers aren't looking for MMOs so there's not really a market for it.

katesith
07-01-2010, 04:25 AM
There is a MMO coming out in Japan for the 360, that counts :/
Monster Hunter Frontier had its achievements released on the site a few days ago. So I guess that is soon/coming up.

D.A.N.
07-01-2010, 04:37 AM
MMOs control pretty shitty on consoles and really limit your options as well as ability to play on par with keyboard players.

Also, I don't see why there is any big deal about Final Fantasy XIV. It looks like Final Fantasy XI (which was mediocre) got a graphical uphaul. Just because it has Final Fantasy on it doesn't mean it'll be good. Especially in this generation.

KillerBEA
07-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I seriously suggest if you want to enjoy your MMOs then just get something on your computer, just not worth the effort to play them on 360. IMO

Now the monster hunter frontier mite be good guess we have to see.

weirdphil
07-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Champions Online was supposed to be coming to 360, last I heard. It's been on the PC for a good while, so I'm not sure what's going on with the 360 version of that.

HenryRivers
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I thought it was announced that Final Fantasy IV wasn't coming to the xbox, because the developers didn't like the idea of Xbox Live being a "Closed" network.

I wasn't too fussed about this though, if its anything like Final Fantasy XI or IIV then it's going to suck.

Sidereal
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm sure the main reason is that an MMO would be really complicated to do without a keyboard. WoW would have been impossible with a controller. Plus most console gamers aren't looking for MMOs so there's not really a market for it.
Except you can use a keyboard on the 360, so that's not really an issue..

I thought it was announced that Final Fantasy IV wasn't coming to the xbox, because the developers didn't like the idea of Xbox Live being a "Closed" network.

I wasn't too fussed about this though, if its anything like Final Fantasy XI or IIV then it's going to suck.

Final Fantasy 4 already came out ages ago, before the Xbox was even around. 11 did suck, but I have no idea what "IIV" is as that's not even a Roman numeral.

HenryRivers
07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Final Fantasy 4 already came out ages ago, before the Xbox was even around. 11 did suck, but I have no idea what "IIV" is as that's not even a Roman numeral.

My bad... My knowledge of Roman numerals also sucks. I meant 11, 13 and 14.
Apologies for my attempt to sounds clever.

Sidereal
07-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Ha. It's cool, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just didn't know what you meant. :P

Just so you know, XI is 11, XIII is 13, and XIV 14. :P

Xedoss
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Champions Online was supposed to be coming to 360, last I heard. It's been on the PC for a good while, so I'm not sure what's going on with the 360 version of that.

Maybe because it isnt really worth a 360 release. It was hardly worth a PC release.

Otherwise, an mmo like WoW wouldn't work. But I could see a gta-like game work. Wouldnt be that much different from normal multiplayer. Team up to complete missions etc.

Make it something like Test Drive Unlimited, where you only "see" a number of players in a specific radius. With each district/block having specific servers to ensure a stable connection. Something like that.