PDA

View Full Version : So much DLC for so much money.

Funployee
07-01-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm fine with early DLC. I'm fine with expensive DLC. I'm fine with a wealth of DLC.

What I'm not fine with is 4 courses being released less than a month after the games releases for TEN BUCKS a pop. 10 for 2? Maybe. 15 for 4? Sure. But 10 dollars each, all released immediately after the game, sometimes with a buffer of a mere day or two? Very frustrating.

I bought about 75% of the DLC courses last year which was expensive enough at 600 points each, but I'm not paying nearly the full price of a retail game for four DLC courses on this game.

EA won't be getting any of my money on DLC ever again.

kimboslice205
07-01-2010, 07:19 AM
im a sucker for dlc and i complain every time bout the prices and i always end up buying them......except for these courses...i mean seriously???10 bucks for one course when the course was already on the disc to start with?? I completely agree with you man

sardonixs
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately it will only get worse. Selling the game the traditional way only probably nets the publisher 30% profit, dlc 60-70%.

lionhead turned over $15m from fable 2 dlc, EA probably more through its games.

As long as people keep snapping it up it will be the publishers cash cow.

taylorxxx
07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
i honestly can't imagine anyone buying these courses. this game is okay and all, but it's not great and those prices for COURSES are ridiculous. completely ridiculous.

i wouldn't buy them for 400 points. they're clearly already on the disc. christ, one of those courses was up like 2 days after release. i'm so sick of buying a game, then getting crappy DLC.

SweetBlackMagic
07-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Agreed...too expensive for one course. However, I'd gladly give them $10 if they'd post a video and survey so we could all wrap up the damn achievments ;)

Minty
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
i honestly can't imagine anyone buying these courses. this game is okay and all, but it's not great and those prices for COURSES are ridiculous. completely ridiculous.

i wouldn't buy them for 400 points. they're clearly already on the disc. christ, one of those courses was up like 2 days after release. i'm so sick of buying a game, then getting crappy DLC.

I don't mind paying the price for the custom courses they do, as they're nomrally challenging and fun. Would never pay for one of the original courses though, escpecially ones that have already been in the game. Far as I'm concerned, if I've paid for a course in DLC or by buying the previous games, I should have that for free. Or at least like Rock Band where you can pay to import your previous courses

kimboslice205
07-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Agreed...too expensive for one course. However, I'd gladly give them $10 if they'd post a video and survey so we could all wrap up the damn achievments ;)
Dude I would pay 20 bucks just so I could get the last achievement and then sell it back to gamestop for 25 bucks-that's 5 bucks profit. Yeeeee

litepink
07-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Stood by Activision's $15 map packs...but these courses are clearly over-priced. 600 was a stretch but I bought a few (and one for the early bird 400 points) last year, but now $10!

Most of these fantasy courses were on previous incarnations as well. Sure, you could argue they were on last gen systems but most of these courses are hardly anything new.

What was bad was '09 had Wold Creek, '10 had it as DLC, and now '11 has it again?? Or Firestone was taken out this year but will be offered as DLC...

fluffy997
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep this is one reason y I'm not buying resurgence for mw2

Fifa08Meister
07-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Buy the DLC If you want it Don't Buy it if you don't want it. SIMPLES :)

Jordbrett
07-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Buy the DLC If you want it Don't Buy it if you don't want it. SIMPLES :)

Well obiously that's the case and by the sound of it no one will be buying this dlc. Remember, this is a forum for people to talk about games and share opinions. With that said, courses should be 240 msp a piece it's not like there's any shortage already included in the game. I was so disappointed to see onslaught dlc in battlefield was 900kb…. Stupid unlock keys are ruining dlc! Fallout, GTA and Borderlands (minus Moxxi) did it best and I would gladly pay for more dlc like that.

ZedChuva
07-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Just did some "math", and the total for all the add-on packs comes to 5160msp. That's almost $90! If I'm not mistaken, all these DLC courses come packed on the Wii version... or at least, the Wii version gets MORE courses off the bat.

EA are cockbags... plain and simple. The day the game was released, it had DLC. This is just ridiculous. 15 DLC courses so far. Granted, it's great to have lots of courses to play, but why not just package a $60 game with more? Oh yea, cause they can make more money whoring DLC.

Personally, while I'd love to play Banff (have in the real world once), I am NOT giving EA any extra money... well, it would be extra had I bought the game. I will not buy EA DLC anymore, for ANY game. The company are dirtbags, and just buying an EA title makes me feel dirty.