PDA

View Full Version : Legit opinion about the game

xDAx AWESOME
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I responded with this to the other thread about the game, but I figured we could make this a place for opinions from people who have actually played the game... and for longer than five minutes.

--

For those interested, it's not great, but it's not bad either. It's better than a lot of other shooters that have come out at $60, and for $40 you are pretty much getting what you should expect - a decent shooter that gets right to the point.

The campaign is decent so far. You shoot people in the head and it goes into bullet tracing mode which shows people get owned. Pretty cool. Whoever talked about spotting issues is just running around too much. You CAN go prone, and you are expected to. You have to account for heart-rate, breath, and wind. It works most of the time, I haven't played enough to say how accurate it is, so keep that in mind. The grappling hook thing is really dumb, but when it helps get you to good sniper spots it's forgivable. If you like sniping missions and aren't expecting to be playing Call of Duty, the campaign is alright.

As for multiplayer, bear with it. It's incredibly frustrating at first because it takes a few of the harder elements out of the game completely, and it's a more typical "aim and shoot". Heart-rate still matters, and the scope bounces around. Holding your breath makes a more accurate shot, and so on. It's very bare bones, with only three game modes, with different maps depending on game mode... however, they are well put together. I'd actually say this is quite a nice change of pace. You join a match, find a good sniper spot, and own people. No perks, no class upgrades and customizing, just good old shooting.

The downfall is the radar. A little circle shows up as each player and gives you a direction. It doesn't give you height or depth, but it makes it a bit easy. I have noticed that sometimes it's welcome. It can be extremely boring to just camp for 20 minutes and only shoot one person, so it gives you a vague idea of where to look. You shouldn't show up at all times.

Also, screw any one of you that runs around with a pistol and grenades. You make it less fun.

Sticki
07-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I'd have to agree BUT I'ld like to express my short opinion-

:uzi:Buy SNIPER

:woop: Rent SNIPER

segs gsi
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
that just about sums it up xDAx AWESOME id agree with all of that..i played multiplayer for a hour last night and i had to laugh when people kept complaining that they were getting killed with 1 shot and had no idea where it come from:rolleyes:..this game is called SNIPER the clues in the name.if you want up close and personal action then get back on cod:uzi:.very simple and easy to get into but bring your tent cus this games all about camping:p..and for those that aint figured it out yet you can't go prone online and click down left thumbstick to hold your breath..heard a couple of people shouting why is my aim all over the place:confused:kneel down catch your breath hold your breath then BOOM splatered brains:woop:

xDAx AWESOME
07-01-2010, 02:12 PM
that just about sums it up xDAx AWESOME id agree with all of that..i played multiplayer for a hour last night and i had to laugh when people kept complaining that they were getting killed with 1 shot and had no idea where it come from:rolleyes:..this game is called SNIPER the clues in the name.if you want up close and personal action then get back on cod:uzi:.very simple and easy to get into but bring your tent cus this games all about camping:p..and for those that aint figured it out yet you can't go prone online and click down left thumbstick to hold your breath..heard a couple of people shouting why is my aim all over the place:confused:kneel down catch your breath hold your breath then BOOM splatered brains:woop:

Yup, all the kids complaining like to move around too much. I have no idea why they bought it in the first place.

The campaign does have quite a few glitches/issues though. Overall hard hasn't been too bad, until you hit the non-sniper mission. Talk about a joke.

HairyLambchops7
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Well we have to get 250 pistol kills so don't get too mad lol.

xDAx AWESOME
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Well we have to get 250 pistol kills so don't get too mad lol.

Hahaha, I totally understand in deathmatch on the small maps, but people running around in team deathmatch with pistols is just annoying.

Snakes117
07-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Can you get ranks when playing online?

Deathr0t
07-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I am enjoying it probably more than I anticipated. Some of the mechanics are a bit twitchy sure, you get stuck some times crawling, but I expected the game to have a few faults like those. I honestly didn't think the draw distance would work out as well on the 360 compared to the PC but I was way wrong, very impressed in all honesty I don't know of (or at least haven't played) a game that has a better draw distance on the 360 with that much environmental detail (Op Flash in a close second). Also glad they implemented a simple version of stealth and situational combat (compared to just hiding in the woods, killing everyone, then progressing)

Anyone think we'll get DLC?

flashpointblank
07-02-2010, 12:37 AM
thanks for the info, i think i'm going to enjoy the game. i'm a bit skeptical about miltiplayer still though so i guess i'm gonna have to see for myself.

IVIGAM3RIVI
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
by no means is this a great game but it was only 40$ so first of all i can't rate it like its a 60$ game. Personally at first i thought this game was shit! but once u get rolling it starts to find a soft in ur heart if you like sniping games with real life physics behind it. I think the biggest mistake was not making it full coop it would have made the shitty parts not so bad if u had someone to be ur spotter or w/e

CodSteaks
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Are most of the multiplayer modes intended to be sniper-on-sniper? I'm picturing a few really good players getting in a match together and all just camping for hours because nobody can find each other! It would be pretty funny.

I do like the idea of a shooter with some different mechanics. May give this one a try down the road, but there's still a lot I want to play before it.

BillyKlyde
07-02-2010, 10:03 PM
This game sucks the more I play it. It was cool at first but I'm constantly finding some frustrating new problem with it everytime I play it. I need to rant. The grappling hook sucks, I'm constantly getting stuck on stupid little shit like rocks and twigs that my guy should easily be able to walk over, the multiplayer is boring and unoriginal, the campaign is extremely unoriginal and I'm finding new glitches everytime I play. Seriously I'm stuck on the "Simple Renezvouz" chapter, everytime I go for the browning gun (turret) my health starts going down for NO REASON, wtf?! Anyone else have this problem?!

Well I had to get that off my chest. Don't get me wrong this game is fun in small doses but it has too many problems. Getting headshots in slow motion is fun but the novelty soon wares off once you get into the core gameplay.

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
07-02-2010, 11:08 PM
by no means is this a great game but it was only 40$ so first of all i can't rate it like its a 60$ game. Personally at first i thought this game was shit! but once u get rolling it starts to find a soft in ur heart if you like sniping games with real life physics behind it. I think the biggest mistake was not making it full coop it would have made the shitty parts not so bad if u had someone to be ur spotter or w/e

Yeh agree with you on that co-op would give it more depth and it would make more sense to have a friend play as a spotter

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
07-02-2010, 11:09 PM
This game sucks the more I play it. It was cool at first but I'm constantly finding some frustrating new problem with it everytime I play it. I need to rant. The grappling hook sucks, I'm constantly getting stuck on stupid little shit like rocks and twigs that my guy should easily be able to walk over, the multiplayer is boring and unoriginal, the campaign is extremely unoriginal and I'm finding new glitches everytime I play. Seriously I'm stuck on the "Simple Renezvouz" chapter, everytime I go for the browning gun (turret) my health starts going down for NO REASON, wtf?! Anyone else have this problem?!

Well I had to get that off my chest. Don't get me wrong this game is fun in small doses but it has too many problems. Getting headshots in slow motion is fun but the novelty soon wares off once you get into the core gameplay.

Yeh i agree mostly on what you said, the grappling hook was pretty lame and annoying.

ConfusedGeek
07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
i can see why ppl like this game, and i can see why some dont. i have 3 friends who also have it and 2 of them dont.

im still on the fence after act 1. i dont like how as a sniper you are easily seen and shot at, but cant find the person shooting at you.

Stormy2k
07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
The Sniper missions are ok, nothing fantastic, but it is fun trying to sneak around people and the bullet cam is sweet.

The only major bad thing about this game, the Delta missions.

Urgh, you can empty clips into enemies and if it isn't exactly right they wont die and the AI on both sides is terrible.

Main issues though are just clipping scenary so I can't move, so I have to stand up from crouched to go over insignificant scenary.

Also as other people have mentioned, being spotted by the AI at range and not seeing them.

The stealth mechanic is pretty broke, but for 28.95 on shopto, it isn't to bad.

Still wondering if I can be arsed to finish the game and Im only on the plantation in Act 2.

Juiceh
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree. The Delta missions were bullshit. It isn't the fact that the enemies don't die, but rather that the bullets bend of after 10 meters and don't actually hit the enemy. Also the stealth system is bullshit and the multiplayer sucks since everybody can see eachother on the radar, without them actually shooting or being spotted.