PDA

View Full Version : xbox wont turn off properly

KingHus
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
hi all :),
when i turn off my xbox its still running and it doesnt turn off the lights disapear and i cant see anything but i can still hear the game going on and my xbox is running. so when i turn it off the visual is gone but the sound and the actual xbox is running so i must press the button again to turn it off. this doesnt really concern me , im not lazy to press it twice but what im worried about is it is breaking my xbox somehow?

HenryRivers
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Have you got background downloading enabled? Because that sounds like what happens when you do.

l.maciver
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
#2, correct

Sabrelord
07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Or do you have any usb devices connected?
Mine does that when i got the play n charge plugged in.
It turns off but the fans keep running, like 50% of the time.
Usualy takes a min or 2 before it's off.

the visual is gone but the sound and the actual xbox is running

That means you still hear game/dash sounds and the xbox fans+dvd?

Tufty
07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
No it's not breaking, it's just shutting itself off properly, you don't have to press it twice you just have to be patient. If you want it to stop go to the dashboard before you turn it off.

Starstrukk X360A
07-01-2010, 03:09 PM
If background downloads were enabled, then you shouldn't be able to hear anything coming out of the TV.

If I'm reading this right, you're saying when you turn it off you can still hear the game itself, right?

If background downloads are enabled, then just the console's whirring should be heard, not the dashboard/game itself.

Panda
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
It also happens when you have a play and charge kit still plugged into the controller, it'll do it until it's fully charged. Same with background downloading.

ashleary
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
My plug and charge kit keeps my xbox running until it has fully charged the battery then it shuts down. Took me ages to figure that out myself :)

Not sure if any other usb devices (ipods, sticks etc) would keep it running

Gorjira
07-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Mine tends to do this when I have my controler charger plugged in the USB. I just push the button again and it goes off.

GameKitty420
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
If it continues lagging you might be unfortunate enough to just need a repair

master_shake_350
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM
#2, correct

I have the same problem occasionally, and I don't have downloading enabled in the background. Is there another source to this problem?

Or do you have any usb devices connected?

I have a keyboard plugged in so this is probably the cause of mine!