PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Shows on TV?

ScottCorno1987
07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Aside from GameFace on Bravo, are there any other video game related shows on TV these days?

I know many shows have come and gone over the years, and I don't really know whats around.

PsychoMantis SF
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Not that I know of. Gaming shows never seem to last long enough on TV to make a mark. Seems there's so many resources on the internet that there really isn't that much of a market for TV shows, since they mainly cover reviews, previews and news, all of which can be accessed on this site alone.

IVI4V3R1CK
07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't think you guys get it across the Atlantic but here's a channel that's pretty much devoted to the Gamers and Geeks:

http://g4tv.com/

Starstrukk X360A
07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think you guys get it across the Atlantic but here's a channel that's pretty much devoted to the Gamers and Geeks:

http://g4tv.com/

Not really; they have shows, sure, but not every program they air is "video game" related.

With that said, X-Play on G4TV.
GameTrailers TV on Spike.

And (coming in August, which I'm really excited for) WCG Ultimate Gamer; the second season airs on SyFy in August.

I personally don't consider Attack of the Show! to be video game related, but more techy related (plus it's not that good.) it's on G4TV as well though, if you're interested.

Paka
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I've wondered sometimes why there weren't more, given the amount of entertainment $$$ going into the industry and the popularity of gaming. I know Spike TV has video game awards, that is about the only thing I can think of offhand. But I wonder what it would take to make a gaming program a big hit-- perhaps affiliation with one of the major magazines would be a start, and good reviews with exclusive content and interviews; also aiming it more towards an older audience and finding a good balance so it would appeal to both hardcore and nontraditional or casual gamers.

Deathlorddanny
07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Not really; they have shows, sure, but not every program they air is "video game" related.

With that said, X-Play on G4TV.
GameTrailers TV on Spike.

And (coming in August, which I'm really excited for) WCG Ultimate Gamer; the second season airs on SyFy in August.

I personally don't consider Attack of the Show! to be video game related, but more techy related (plus it's not that good.) it's on G4TV as well though, if you're interested.

I watched a little of that show and to be honest it was a little corny but when it comes to video games it would be hard not to be corny. Also i noticed all of those people just plain out suck at the games, they may love playing them and devote time but 90% of those games they played i probably could kick there ass at. (except fighting games because ive never played one) I say get some like semi-proffessional gamers or something in there to make it a little more interesting.

Paka
07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Here is an article you might be interested in; looks like NBC is working on a gaming show-

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/30/nbc-working-on-video-game-show-pilot-for-primetime/

Jethrow
07-01-2010, 10:55 PM
my favorite gaming show is Electronic Playground or EP weekly, both great. I liked it when Tommy was the cohost but still, Vic Lucas is great and i've made many purchases based on their reviews and comments.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
my favorite gaming show is Electronic Playground or EP weekly, both great. I liked it when Tommy was the cohost but still, Vic Lucas is great and i've made many purchases based on their reviews and comments.

It is now "EP Daily". Vic also hosts the show "Reviews on the Run Daily" with Scott Jones. Don't know if you can get them outside of Canadian channels though. Those two plus X-Play are my favourite.

Corrupt.
07-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Anyone remember Gamesmaster with Dexter Fletcher and Patrick Moore?

dragonpwnr99
07-02-2010, 04:05 AM
hey there is x-play on G4 it the only one i watch its really god they review and preview games and much much more

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Well theres XPlay, but I barely watch cause it sucks...their reviews are too shallow and short, the humor is either bad or non existent and all of their other segments pretty much suck

as of G4 in general, its a horrible network, with really only 2 tech/game related shows (xplay and attack of the show)...the rest filled with useless crap like Cops and cheaters

Gametrailers is alright which is on spike

and as someone else said there is that Ultimate Gamer show which was pretty cool the first season

as of right now thats pretty much it, in the US anyways

I wish they still had judgement day....on TV...would love that back on the air here along with the old entertaining xplay

Billy69
07-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Yeah their used to be a show on my TV and it was all about gaming. Some episodes were like walkthroughs for different games it was pretty cool watching it. And in another episode they showed you some games that were easy for achievements.

Pootcrum
07-02-2010, 07:39 AM
In Oz we have Good Game on ABC, but thats it as far as I know. If you want anything else you get it from pay TV/the internet.

D.A.N.
07-02-2010, 07:57 AM
I like X-Play and enjoyed WCG Ultimate Gamer. Can't wait to see season 2 of that.