PDA

View Full Version : worth renting?

TwIsTeD mInD42
07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Looks a bit repetitive just sniping and the campaign isnt too good

im thinking about renting though

xDAx AWESOME
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
If you haven't played it, you have no reason to be making a post.

Mods, delete this.

If you're actually asking a question, yes it's worth renting. It's a pretty good game for the price.

Snakes117
07-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Is this game worth buying? Because it looks fun.

The Lovat Scout
07-01-2010, 10:30 PM

Mods, delete this.

If you're actually asking a question, yes it's worth renting. It's a pretty good game for the price.

Are you kidding me? No, I'm sorry, I have yet to rent this game and I have the longest thread in this forum. You can most definitely make a post when you haven't played the game yet, you don't need to be forum copping either.

Also, I have had plenty of people in my thread say that its not even worth the price they paid for it. I have it coming in on Gamefly to test it out myself. I am pretty easy going with games, but if they suck, they suck. You know when your having fun playing a game and when your just simply going along with it.

I will post back (if you're that concerned) about the game. Otherwise I'll be posting it my thread as well.

fludstud09
07-01-2010, 10:54 PM
No, I'm sorry, I have yet to rent this game and I have the longest thread in this forum.

You can most definitely make a post when you haven't played the game yet, you don't need to be forum copping either.

Sentence One: Cool story, nobody cares and it added nothing to your argument.

Sentence Two: You can make a post wherever the hell you want, but your opinion does not matter in any way until you actually play the game for yourself.

DeafSunchaser
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM

Mods, delete this.

what a prick he should be banned for ... well being a 1st class dick....

on topic...yeah its worth a rent! defo.... been playing at a mates and its awesome and its different to other games!

The Lovat Scout
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Sentence Two: You can make a post wherever the hell you want, but your opinion does not matter in any way until you actually play the game for yourself.

Really? So if you haven't played the game, WHATEVER you say doesn't matter? Christ, stop being an ass. So you're telling me that when all the people (x360a.org too) went to E3 and watched the demo of Halo Reach or Call of Duty they couldn't say whether or not it looked good or it looked like a bad game simply because...they didn't play it. Exactly, way to make yourself look like an ass.

Obviously you must like this game, so sure you can like it, I'm not mad at you for liking a game that I think sucks. We can agree to disagree, or you can keep acting like a 4 year old and count my sentences.

xTHXDTSx
07-02-2010, 12:15 AM
i agree if u havnt played then dont say nothing about it.

TwIsTeD mInD42
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Well thanks for the contribution all

But i think i will say something if i havent played it?

I've watched videos thats where i made comments from

(repititive, boring story)

I don't know if any of this is true, thats why i said is it worth the rent not for dick to complain if i havent played dont post

Somebody shoot that noob

fludstud09
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Really? So if you haven't played the game, WHATEVER you say doesn't matter? Christ, stop being an ass. So you're telling me that when all the people (x360a.org too) went to E3 and watched the demo of Halo Reach or Call of Duty they couldn't say whether or not it looked good or it looked like a bad game simply because...they didn't play it. Exactly, way to make yourself look like an ass.

Obviously you must like this game, so sure you can like it, I'm not mad at you for liking a game that I think sucks. We can agree to disagree, or you can keep acting like a 4 year old and count my sentences.
You can anticipate it being good, but you can't say a game is good or not without playing the finished product. And if you are too naive to realize that then the world is probably not the best place for you.

If they have played a beta that gives them a good anticipation of what a game will be like BUT THE FINISH PRODUCT IS DIFFERENT. I played the beta of BF: Bad Company 2 and hated it, but got the game a month after it came out and it is my favorite FPS, coincidence?

We know you won't like this game, you decided that 3 months ago, but if you do just remember what I said.

cmscott1079
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
well, i am only 50% through the story, and despite what it may appear to be, it is NOT all just sniping, that would get repetitive, but i think there is good mission diversity, so far anyway, and i think absolutely this game is worth a rent. i can see people being skeptical, being from a no name developer, very low price, and trailers that showed mostly cutscenes. but i personally bought it, for a game thats $40US, you get a campaign that appears to be as long as any other shooter(again, im not done yet), and multiplayer as well. i have not tried out multiplayer yet. and i like multiplayer and all, but i have always had a passion for single player shooter campaigns, so if you do too, then yes RENT THIS GAME!!!

if anyone doesnt like MY opinion...well...then FUCK OFF! :woop:

The Lovat Scout
07-02-2010, 07:18 PM
You can anticipate it being good, but you can't say a game is good or not without playing the finished product. And if you are too naive to realize that then the world is probably not the best place for you.

If they have played a beta that gives them a good anticipation of what a game will be like BUT THE FINISH PRODUCT IS DIFFERENT. I played the beta of BF: Bad Company 2 and hated it, but got the game a month after it came out and it is my favorite FPS, coincidence?

We know you won't like this game, you decided that 3 months ago, but if you do just remember what I said.

tl;dr. I can have my own opinion, and if I havent said it already in this thread, I'm getting the game in on Gamefly to see how it is. Again, I have very little expectations.

xROELOFx
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
c'mon guys.. chill out!

the game is not bad, it plays like a COD clone. the missions i've played so far (act 1 only) in basics play pretty much like the sniping missions in MW and MW2. i really like it, at first i also had some doubts but so far the game is really okay. i don't think you should buy it for a higher price than $30. actually in my opinion not much games are worth more than $30 :P.

anyways, definetly worth renting!

kreezee
07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
wassup thinking of getting this game quite cheep plus slowmo headfshots look good but has anyone played multiplayer yet if so is it laggy? gameplay good? what modes are there new on here please reply peace kreezee

fludstud09
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
tl;dr. I can have my own opinion, and if I havent said it already in this thread, I'm getting the game in on Gamefly to see how it is. Again, I have very little expectations.
You can have your own opinion, where did I say you couldn't? I said your opinion does not matter until you have played the game. Reading is a skill you should probably pick up somewhere along the line.

The Lovat Scout
07-02-2010, 08:48 PM
You can have your own opinion, where did I say you couldn't? I said your opinion does not matter until you have played the game. Reading is a skill you should probably pick up somewhere along the line.

No where did I say that YOU said I couldn't have my own opinion, I was just simply stating that: I can have my own opinion. And that is that based on what I've seen, I think it looks bad. And if I watch three videos and/or trailers of Viva Pinata, I can say it doesn't look like my kind of game and looks shitty. Again, I don't know if I've said this in this thread or not, but we can agree to disagree. I'm fine with you blabbing on about how I NEED to play the game to have a opinion. You can think that. And you SHOULD just except that I am basing my reviews on videos of gameplay and the majority of peoples response to the game.

PS - Telling me I don't belong in this world or saying my reading level is sub-par only makes you look like a total dick and doesn't make yourself look any better or cooler. But, if it makes you feel better, I'm not great at reading things out loud in front of an audience.

PSS - I'm finished with this thread, it's now considered completely off-topic what we're doing. I'm sure you understand "stud." See ya around. ;-)

CodSteaks
07-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow, you're both drama queens.

TwIsTeD mInD42
07-02-2010, 09:13 PM
No, the lovat scout is awesome :D

spawn089
07-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Well I was wondering if I should buy this since I only have 2 blockbusters where I live and They do not have nor are they going to get it so my only option is to buy but don't want to waste my money on a game where the mp will be non existant or a real crappy campain. so please let me know.

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
07-02-2010, 11:15 PM
stop posting crap if it's off topic

reply to the OP yes the game is worth the rent for the SP but MP wise it is very weak and repetitive up to you. Try out the SP and see from there.

0014gamer
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
gamefly this game for sure if you want achievements - its a cheaper version of MW2.

DeafSunchaser
07-06-2010, 10:21 AM
eeeeeew rented this from love film.... its AWFULL sent it straight back!

leeingham
09-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I just dont get it. Some people LOVE it and others hate it. Why is there not any middle ground people so to speak lol

APassingShadow
09-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I just dont get it. Some people LOVE it and others hate it. Why is there not any middle ground people so to speak lol

Probably because people either have high expectations or low expectations for this game.

ELITExASSASSIN9
09-19-2010, 06:31 AM
so... is this game worth buying/renting cause it looks pretty sweet but dont wanna waste the money if it's not that great... let me know!! :)

loganm223
09-19-2010, 06:35 AM
YouTube - Shut the fuck up.

LockRobster
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Mods, delete this.

Hes not breaking any rules, its the games forum and its on subject about it.

As for renting, its an inexpensive way to trial games. If you don't like the game, at the end of the day you've probably walked away with some easy gamerscore anyways.

Rip1Good 2033
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Honestly, I thought it looked good and I knew the critics were hating on this game. But I went ahead and purchased it thinking I'll see for myself.

It's actually the first time I've agreed with any critic. The game was bad.

Don't get me wrong, it had some good ideas. Slow-mo bullet cam is brilliant and I like the pacing - but the AI both enemy and partnered AI is absolute trash!

Rent, I say.

Buy? Not so much. Not the worst game you'll play, but there are a ton better.

Psycho Sykes
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
not worth buying it the online is bad the campaign is only just accepatble and some achievements are glitcheed

batteredbrick
11-06-2010, 07:09 PM

Mods, delete this.

Wow chill out.

And if you like simple shooter games then yeah rent it. it's a fast campain and even fast achievements.

GhostFalcon3
11-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm renting it currentley, and personally I woudn't have brought the game, the sniping is fun on the campaign but once you do that all their is, is online and it's not the best in my opinion. So depends if you love sniping and fps' buy it if not go for the rent.