PDA

View Full Version : the great EA conspiracy.

taylorxxx
07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
a quick rundown to let everyone know where i'm coming from: recently, with the releases of Skate 3 and Tiger Woods 11, EA Sports has decided to include two achievements in to the respective games that, seemingly, should be instant gamerscore.

TW11 - Couch Potato - Watch a Video in Latest News

Skate 3 - It takes a really big village... - Reach community board sales target

but here's the thing. there is no video on Tiger Woods 11 and the Skate 3 "sales target" is 25 BILLION boards, which, i'm not sure on this, but may not even be confirmed by EA.

so here's my question; do you think this is some sort of plan?

i'm having a hard time assessing this. on one hand i do think it is a sort of conspiracy. it encourages people to keep the game until the DLC is released, it keeps people checking on the game, it keeps people playing the game (at least in Skate 3's case). i, personally, don't care if i miss out on either of these achievements. if i end up one cheev shy of 100% on Tiger Woods, maybe i'll keep the game until i can get it, maybe i won't. if i'm 5 cheevs shy, i don't give a damn about this achievement. i'm not all that obsessed with completion percentage.

on the other hand, do casual gamers care enough about achievements to make this a solid plan? i realize this site is anxiously awaiting these achievements so we can move on to the next game, but does the casual gamer say, "i can't wait to get this achievement! i sure hope they update it soon! since i still have the game, i should probably buy this DLC."? almost my entire friends list thinks it's crazy that i'm over 75,000 points, which, on this site, isn't much, so i have a hard time thinking that the casual gamer gives a rat's ass about either of these achievements.

do you think that this is a smart strategy? does this make you want to keep the game? does it make you want to buy the DLC to keep you interested in the game until the achievement is available?

i'm curious to hear what you guys think about this, although i think this site might have a bit of a biased point of view. hahaha.

Red Bundy
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
a quick rundown to let everyone know where i'm coming from: recently, with the releases of Skate 3 and Tiger Woods 11, EA Sports has decided to include two achievements in to the respective games that, seemingly, should be instant gamerscore.

TW11 - Couch Potato - Watch a Video in Latest News

but here's the thing. there is no video on Tiger Woods 11 and the Skate 3 "sales target" is 25 BILLION boards, which, i'm not sure on this, but may not even be confirmed by EA.

so here's my question; do you think this is some sort of plan?

i'm having a hard time assessing this. on one hand i do think it is a sort of conspiracy. it encourages people to keep the game until the DLC is released, it keeps people checking on the game, it keeps people playing the game (at least in Skate 3's case). i, personally, don't care if i miss out on either of these achievements. if i end up one cheev shy of 100% on Tiger Woods, maybe i'll keep the game until i can get it, maybe i won't. if i'm 5 cheevs shy, i don't give a damn about this achievement. i'm not all that obsessed with completion percentage.

on the other hand, do casual gamers care enough about achievements to make this a solid plan? i realize this site is anxiously awaiting these achievements so we can move on to the next game, but does the casual gamer say, "i can't wait to get this achievement! i sure hope they update it soon! since i still have the game, i should probably buy this DLC."? almost my entire friends list thinks it's crazy that i'm over 75,000 points, which, on this site, isn't much, so i have a hard time thinking that the casual gamer gives a rat's ass about either of these achievements.

do you think that this is a smart strategy? does this make you want to keep the game? does it make you want to buy the DLC to keep you interested in the game until the achievement is available?

i'm curious to hear what you guys think about this, although i think this site might have a bit of a biased point of view. hahaha.

It's called play the game & dont be a little bitch!

Got it on my other account, didn't even take long.