PDA

View Full Version : Jap 360 slim?

z I ToP CaT I z
07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Ok so I've decided to buy a slim mainly because my elite is on the verge of meltdown. I just have a few questions to help me decide if should get a jap one or a pal one (I will be purchasing from playasia).

1) Will a standard transfer cable work from pal to NTSC-J?

2) Will Kinect be universal or will it be region specific?

3) If there is a problem with the slim is it easy to get an exchange from playasia or is it a whole lot of hassle?

Thank in advance =)

Starstrukk X360A
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Out of curiosity, why would you want to get a Japanese one? Are the ones in your region unavailable?

Zorlance
07-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Out of curiosity, why would you want to get a Japanese one? Are the ones in your region unavailable?

You're on an achievement website and you're really asking that?

Kamakazi Pear
07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
You're on an achievement website and you're really asking that?

Probably because this guy is making is sound like he only has one xbox, and it's a PAL. Although I may be wrong...

If you do only have this one xbox, buy another PAL so you can play all your games.

z I ToP CaT I z
07-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Lol zorlance got it one. I have my eye on a few easy 1ks but I'm also interested in the Japanese Saints Row and the many Shmups that I currently can't play.

And no I actually have two Pal elites 1 works fine, and aren't all UK games region free anyways with the exception of a few really bad ones like Sherlock holmes and such?

Kamakazi Pear
07-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Lol zorlance got it one. I have my eye on a few easy 1ks but I'm also interested in the Japanese Saints Row and the many Shmups that I currently can't play.

And no I actually have two Pal elites 1 works fine, and aren't all UK games region free anyways with the exception of a few really bad ones like Sherlock holmes and such?

No. Pretty much all English games are PAL only.

If you have a working PAL xbox, then it's up to you if you wanna get an NTSC or NTSC-J xbox.

Both have some decent exclusives, and some region specific easy 1ks.

I'd personally go for an American xbox, but that's just me. It's your call, if you like the look of the JP games, then go for it. No point having 2 PAL xboxs when you can have a PAL and another region xbox! :)

z I ToP CaT I z
07-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Oh really? Well that's really put me off tbh. That means I'll have to recover my tag everytime I want to switch region and it takes like an hour each time! Maybe a more convenient solution would be to just forget the slim and buy a regular jap xbox so I can just switch hard drives. After all it would be alot cheaper =)

Also yeah I know there are quite a few American exclusives that I would like, but anime style games are just so much more appealing to me.

DOOKH8R
07-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Oh really? Well that's really put me off tbh. That means I'll have to recover my tag everytime I want to switch region and it takes like an hour each time! Maybe a more convenient solution would be to just forget the slim and buy a regular jap xbox so I can just switch hard drives. After all it would be alot cheaper =)

Also yeah I know there are quite a few American exclusives that I would like, but anime style games are just so much more appealing to me.

You do not have to recover your gamertag every time you switch region consoles. Put your profile on a USB thumb drive and just move it from console to console. I do the same thing now, but with the 360 memory card.
BTW, playasia is out of the 360 Japanase Slim consoles, and in my experience "backordered" on playasia = never.

There are very few NTSC exclusives but there are numerous Japanese exclusives. For stacking, you should definitely get a Japanese system, but be forewarned, you may be waiting quite awhile to get a slim from playasia.

If you don't want to wait, better plan would be to buy the Japanese 360 Arcade and use your existing HDD (or a memory card)

Kamakazi Pear
07-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Yeah, you can put your GT on an MU or Memory Stick, and just move that from xbox to xbox when you want to play a game on your other xbox.

I'd probably go for the JP too, but imports can be quite pricy.
I'd also just order an Arcade. Perhaps buy an Arcade NTSC and Arcade NTSC-J?