http://i47.tinypic.com/15zqlbd.gif

Movie Banners
http://i46.tinypic.com/dzyo8w.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2afiyp4.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/28tui6d.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/vx7c7.jpg

Character Featurette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKeNqEws47o&feature=player_embedded

Over-Exaggerated? I think not. Not much of an argument there, sorry.

There are a few things that has me ecstatic:

Wally Pfister's (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002892/) Cinematography

Music by Hanz Zimmer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001877/)

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/)
and
Tom Hardy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362766/)

(nothing wrong with the rest of the cast, these just stick out more for me)

So, as much as I am excited for this movie, I haven't read too much on it,
or seen any of the trailers besides the teaser and a few seconds of the
trailer attached to the A-Team, so if we can keep this spoiler-free and
preferably troll free (you Nolan bashers) but, are still welcome if you come
with a valid argument.

So, let's discuss Inception...
or just praise that something original to come out for once.

jamie1000013
07-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Have Americans already seen it? just wandering because there is like a year gap from when you guys get it till we do lol. I could watch it pirate but I don't get the plot can you explain (just the intro not the ending :-)

MGMT
07-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Have Americans already seen it? just wandering because there is like a year gap from when you guys get it till we do lol. I could watch it pirate but I don't get the plot can you explain (just the intro not the ending :-)

Nope, hasn't came out yet; not until July 16, which i am eagerly awaiting.
I just found out, it comes out the same day in the UK.

Tussell
07-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I have yet to see it, but I've had a feeling it was going to be fantastic for quite some time now. Definitely need to go check it out.

Lord Yamikage
07-03-2010, 12:45 AM
[....]
So, as much as I am excited for this movie, I haven't read too much on it,
or seen any of the trailers besides the teaser and a few seconds of the
trailer attached to the A-Team, so if we can keep this spoiler-free and
preferably troll free (you Nolan bashers) but, are still welcome if you come
with a valid argument.

[....]

Wow, I just realized that I had never encounter anyone who hated Nolan for the films he directed. Only complain that I read [regarding the Dark Knight] was that the movie was so dang long.

Anyway, coming to the OP, I can't tell anything about this movie solely based off from trailers. So confusing, and lost. Although I had enjoy Memento and the Prestige, - and of course the Batman series - this [Inception] seem.... weird. Should dig out some more info....

HarperBird
07-03-2010, 01:41 AM
This movie looks so bloody awesome and its good to see Nolan returning to his old film roots instead of doing other Batman! Don't get me wrong i loved BB and TDK but Memento is so cooly done and Inception looks just as good!

Also I work in a cinema and so hopefully i will be able to see it a couple of days before it officially comes out!!

Also will be able to get my hands on some of the sweet banners :)

tweak4ever
07-03-2010, 01:43 AM
it looks really good, not normal for dicaprio

shadow sniper
07-03-2010, 02:37 AM
I'm going to go to the cinema to see this one. I hate going to see blockbusters in the cinema because it's way to much money but this movie looks like it's going to be the best movie of the year. I think this is the movie that puts Chris Nolan over the top as a great dictator.

MGMT
07-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Wow, I just realized that I had never encounter anyone who hated Nolan for the films he directed. Only complain that I read [regarding the Dark Knight] was that the movie was so dang long.

Anyway, coming to the OP, I can't tell anything about this movie solely based off from trailers. So confusing, and lost. Although I had enjoy Memento and the Prestige, - and of course the Batman series - this [Inception] seem.... weird. Should dig out some more info....

Hmm, there was quite a few I've stumbled on, reading the threads awhile ago..
don't really remember their names, I was just assuming is all, not calling anyone
out. I'm not a total douche

This is what I got from just watching some of the first official trailer, that he's a dream extractor and the technology used in the movie
allows people to re-create and be inside peoples dreams, and that Leo's
character will be using that to steal someones idea...

This movie looks so bloody awesome and its good to see Nolan returning to his old film roots instead of doing other Batman! Don't get me wrong i loved BB and TDK but Memento is so cooly done and Inception looks just as good!

Also I work in a cinema and so hopefully i will be able to see it a couple of days before it officially comes out!!

Also will be able to get my hands on some of the sweet banners :)

I'd be green with envy, if you got to see it first and get the banners. :]

I rather liked Leo in Shutter Island and the Departed, but I hear it a lot, so maybe this is his chance at a wider audience?

I'm going to go to the cinema to see this one. I hate going to see blockbusters in the cinema because it's way to much money but this movie looks like it's going to be the best movie of the year. I think this is the movie that puts Chris Nolan over the top as a great dictator.

I hear that.

circus1776
07-03-2010, 03:35 AM
I won't lie. I am effin stoked for this movie. Can't wait to see it.

Illution
07-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Isn't this just the matrix and minority report put together?

Or am I COMPLETELY wrong?

Br0kenAssass1n
07-04-2010, 02:49 AM

On the same level as Hussain, Mugabe and the big kahuna Stalin? I think not.

Can't wait for this film, been following it on and off for a long while. Nolan = Awesome.

Maybe I'm building this up too much for myself. Eh, he doesn't disappoint, and with as good a cast as this has got, it's GOT to be great.

Dz06lt
07-04-2010, 02:51 AM
leo decaprio sucks ass so the movie will suck ass

Schism
07-04-2010, 03:48 AM
im for sure going to see this...for some reason it reminds me of a Michel Gondry movie...very surreal. a feast for the eyes. :D line up of actors is pretty good to

future-sailor
07-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I am going to see it in IMAX!

This movie is going to blow my mind.

Flora Lee

domn8rdom
07-07-2010, 04:12 AM
OMG! I have been waiting forever for this movie. I havent been to the movie theaters in forever but I will be going to this movie at the midnight release on the 16th.

B1GM13
07-07-2010, 07:44 AM

Say Whaa???

Not a fan of Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo & Juliet, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond then?

he's a pretty solid actor. Especially in Shutter Island & Departed. Really gone through the ranks IMO.

exo-apollo
07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
On the same level as Hussain, Mugabe and the big kahuna Stalin? I think not.

Haha nice. The movie looks great and I'm going to go see it in the cinemas, which is rare for me.

domn8rdom
07-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Say Whaa???

Not a fan of Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo & Juliet, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond then?

I wouldnt throw Romeo & Juliet and Blood Diamonds into the mix. Never seen Romeo & Juliet and thats because Im a guy. Blood Diamonds was a great movie but his accent in that movie was horrible.

Body of Lies and Catch me if you can should replace those two movies.

strykerzr350
07-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Inception is on my must watch list i shall be seeing this movie. I cant wait.

SALT1R3
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Only gonna watch this really for Tom Hardy who is an exceptional actor and will be a huge star in the years to come.

Br0kenAssass1n
07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I wouldnt throw Romeo & Juliet and Blood Diamonds into the mix. Never seen Romeo & Juliet and thats because Im a guy. Blood Diamonds was a great movie but his accent in that movie was horrible.

Body of Lies and Catch me if you can should replace those two movies.

Then you're a moron. Not only are you passing judgement on something you've never seen/experienced, you're also willing to replace Romeo and Juliet with the mediocre Catch Me If You Can? Bollocks.

I'm a guy, and I have no qualms admitting I enjoyed Romeo and Juliet MASSIVELY. You should watch it, even if you think you'll turn female by doing so.

MGMT
07-09-2010, 05:28 AM

I can't say for sure, I've never seen Minority Report and I only thought they seen
the future for when people were going to plan a murder or something?

Only gonna watch this really for Tom Hardy who is an exceptional actor and will be a huge star in the years to come.

For sure, and I just re-watched Bronson which I can't still get over, he's going
to be in Inception and from some of the production stills, looks like he's going
to have a lot of scenes with JGL

Then you're a moron. Not only are you passing judgement on something you've never seen/experienced, you're also willing to replace Romeo and Juliet with the mediocre Catch Me If You Can? Bollocks.

I'm a guy, and I have no qualms admitting I enjoyed Romeo and Juliet MASSIVELY. You should watch it, even if you think you'll turn female by doing so.

Okay fellas, this isn't a thread about Leonardo. He's done movies, that not everyone has liked. So, let's just agree to disagree?

I added a character featurette in the main post, for the curious.

chickenhead87
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
It currently has 100 on metacritc but only 5 reviews up so far and 100% on rotten tomatoes with 15 reviews so looks like Nolans done it again Pfisters cinematography is amazing in this film but solid set of actors id rather have leo over the hollywood in boy at the moment sam worthington.

Watkins
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
This looks like a great movie, perhaps even better than the Dark Knight. Know a lot of people will disagree.

skins266
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
I can't wait to see this movie. Best original screenplay potentially...not just another cheezy action flick

Barad
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
This fridays gonna be a great day..the Slim omes out..and so does this! Can't wait to watch it, very excited indeed! Looks epic tbh and not really surprised, I mean The Dark Knight was brilliant and I'm sure this will be too.

HarperBird
07-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Empire gave it 5 stars and that's 5 stars of awesomeness in my opinion!!!!!!

Also be in for a long haul as this movies about 3 hours long :)

The Brownie Bandit
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
I just can't take Leo seriously after Titanic. Deception just looks like it's trying to one-up Shutter Island.

shilbo-assassin
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I don't even mind Di Caprio. Even if this had someone who I despised in (Robbie Williams / van Bommel) it wouldn't bother me. It's a Chris Nolan film. I am going to go see this. Looks unreal, Chris Nolan directing.... I can't see how it won't be anything other than aweseome.
I may even watch it in IMAX :)

crazy W01f 816
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate DiCaprio, love Nolan. So, I don't know if I'll see this, I might just rent it.

brokensaint82
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
I wont lie when i first saw the trailers however long ago I thought it was the live action AKIRA project Leo was working on but Inception looks to be a damn good movie and can't wait for it.

hodge
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Chris Nolan is an amazing director! From the trailers it looks really confusing, but at the same time it looks like a must see. I'm definately going to see it when it comes out

HarperBird
07-16-2010, 02:36 AM
I just got back from seeing a midnight release of the film cause i work at the cinema (one of the perks :) ) and this film is without doubt an utter masterpiece this film will leave you thinking once you have left the screen and many hours after that!! it is truly amazing and is in my opinion one of the best film of the year so far!!

It is a bit of a mindfuck but in the same way Memento was and that was a good way!!

CodSteaks
07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Got a four star review in my local paper (which I think is the max they give). I've really been looking forward to this one. I like Dicaprio, I like Nolan, I like original ideas in movies. The good reviews it's getting is just making me more excited.

Oh, can't forget Ellen Page! Hotness!

shilbo-assassin
07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
I saw Synecdoche, New York a few weeks ago, and this film reminds me of it, only with a lot more action. I have watched the trailer about 15 times. I'm going to see this tomorrow. I have to.

Ellen Page yes!
But Marion Cotillard is a former world number 1 for me from a French film I saw years ago, like years and years ago, called Taxi. I still love her :)

Chaosx721
07-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Just got back from watching and had to come on here and say that this movie is fucking amazing!

DOOKH8R
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm going tomorrow night. I never saw Titanic so I have no problem with Dicaprio.
Plus, you cant go wrong with Michael Caine.

Rebmob
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Michael Cain is a great actor even though he wasn't in the movie much at all. My favorite actor of them all was Joseph Gordon-Levit (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/) but they all did a great job. "Movie of the forever" for sure. Amazing storyline, acting and special effects; this movie had it all!

Great ending btw. :)

MelangeAddict
07-18-2010, 04:08 AM
Saw it tonight and it is pretty damned good. The effects are kick ass and Hans Zimmer's music just rockets the mood up. Ellen Page is pretty cute too, especially dressed all business women like.

Fire Mage
07-18-2010, 07:01 AM
This is seriously an amazing movie and I think I want to see it again right away just to truly understand it all.

I know what happened but reading up on it now, it seems there is quite a bit more to it. But ultimately, great movie, one of the best I've seen.

Gamerdude5448
07-18-2010, 07:43 AM
the movie was very good gets a little confusing at first though lol

OG T UNIT
07-18-2010, 07:57 AM
The little lady and I saw it and both liked it. Best movie ever? No. But very good.

Sort of want to start another post with spoilers to actually discuss it. But I am probably too lazy to tonight.

DOOKH8R
07-18-2010, 08:15 AM
I saw it tonight. The CGI and fx were pretty sweet. The film was quite long, and I just didn't feel any empathy for the characters. Not enough character development I guess. However, I don't regret seeing it, but I just wasn't all that into it.
And yes, Ellen Page did look quite cute in business suit.

TVthePunisher
07-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Me and the wife intend to see it tommorow around noon (cheaper ticket prices, yay!). Just got done watching Shutter Island, I've been a DiCaprio fan for as long as I can remember and the only reason I can fathom on why people hate him is because he...WAS the Robert Pattenson of the 90's (Titanic, Romeo & Juliet). Every teenage girl fantasized about him, wrote fanfics, you name it...if Twilight had been around in his earlier days, he probably would have been casted (with a hair change).

He's still a very good looking man as he's aged, his acting is still amazing...he's great with Boston accents and he's really shown to have matured much past his "Split-down the middle haircut" from the dreamy days. If you REALLY hate romance movies, then check out The Departed, Shutter Island and definately Inception. There's also quite a few other good movies under his belt that are worth a look, so don't pass them up due to his name being attached (he is an AMAZING actor and people should realize it more).

TheMavEffect
07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I thought this film was great.
Not into DiCaprio that much either, but I thought the film was very clever.
Hated the damn Hollywood ending though.

Skepsis93
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Only complain that I read [regarding the Dark Knight] was that the movie was so dang long.

You mean apart from the fact that it was an over-hyped suck-fest? I fell asleep half way through...

Can't wait to see Inception. It's supposed to be this generations Matrix. Totally psyched to see it... the cast list reads like a who's-who of awesome people. :woop:

Rebmob
07-18-2010, 01:23 PM
You mean apart from the fact that it was an over-hyped suck-fest? I fell asleep half way through...

Can't wait to see Inception. It's supposed to be this generations Matrix. Totally psyched to see it... the cast list reads like a who's-who of awesome people. :woop:

Pretty much an all-star cast. And for the comment somewhere above this, I thought the ending was clever; It makes you ponder. I hope you enjoy the movie Zippy. ^^

Chaosx721
07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Me and the wife intend to see it tommorow around noon (cheaper ticket prices, yay!). Just got done watching Shutter Island, I've been a DiCaprio fan for as long as I can remember and the only reason I can fathom on why people hate him is because he...WAS the Robert Pattenson of the 90's (Titanic, Romeo & Juliet). Every teenage girl fantasized about him, wrote fanfics, you name it...if Twilight had been around in his earlier days, he probably would have been casted (with a hair change).

He's still a very good looking man as he's aged, his acting is still amazing...he's great with Boston accents and he's really shown to have matured much past his "Split-down the middle haircut" from the dreamy days. If you REALLY hate romance movies, then check out The Departed, Shutter Island and definately Inception. There's also quite a few other good movies under his belt that are worth a look, so don't pass them up due to his name being attached (he is an AMAZING actor and people should realize it more).
Would 100% agree with that. I don't care much about the stuff he did when he was younger. But he's an awesome actor and does a great job in this movie.

PointPlaceWI
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Haven't seen it yet myself but I've been waiting for it to come out since the first time I saw advertisements for it. Probably going to go view it with some friends tonight.

Barad
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
I watched this yesterday, and it was truely amazing, I've seen nothing like this before, I loved it and now I wonder if we're all in a dream or not? :P

TVthePunisher
07-19-2010, 05:25 AM
Anyone who decides to watch this in theaters, kill or silence all the people at the very end so you can listen when the screen goes to black. This is to confirm something about the ending, because a bunch of jackasses laughed during my viewing...I'll post what I think of this amazing movie later.

note: anyone who has seen it will know what I mean...

Marcus issavage
07-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Anyone who decides to watch this in theaters, kill or silence all the people at the very end so you can listen when the screen goes to black. This is to confirm something about the ending, because a bunch of jackasses laughed during my viewing...I'll post what I think of this amazing movie later.

note: anyone who has seen it will know what I mean...
I have no idea what you mean. I saw the ending but I don't remember that they said anything. I'm curious now so do you know what was said? And I had a bunch of douchebags clap at the end so I couldn't hear anything either.

Madjecks
07-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I saw a late Thurs showing in IMAX. It was ridiculous.

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-19-2010, 09:43 AM
I have no idea what you mean. I saw the ending but I don't remember that they said anything. I'm curious now so do you know what was said? And I had a bunch of douchebags clap at the end so I couldn't hear anything either.

I don't think he's talking about dialogue, more like a sound. If I'm right, I heard it too, but I'm not sure he thinks it's what he thinks it is. It was deliberately trying to ask the question "What is reality?". Sorry to be so vague, I just don't want to ruin it for anyone.

This film is an incredible achievement for C. Nolan, and I really believe he should rack up on Oscars. I think it was much better than TDK, and I loved TDK.

I hate DiCaprio, love Nolan. So, I don't know if I'll see this, I might just rent it.

IMHO, DiCaprio really outdoes himself in this one. Great performance. On that topic, great performances for every single actor and actress. Movie of the year for me (so far).

TVthePunisher
07-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Sorry for how unclear it was, thankfully I learned how to use the spoiler tag!

At the very end of the movie, right after Cobb gets Sayto out of Limbo...apparently he wakes up. From this point on, it seems like he is going to go find his kids and live happily ever after (which would have been awesome). However, he spins the Totem (Spinny-Top thing) he has one last time to see if this is a dream (if it continues spinning, he's dreaming...if it falls, he's in reality). But he goes to meet his children as he can finally see their faces again, so he in his heart probably feels he's in reality again. BUT...as he is shown hugging them off camera, the screen pans to show the Top still spinning...for at least 10 seconds before it starts to wobble.

At this point, you're hoping for it to fall...but then it cuts to black. After it cuts to black, there is SUPPOSED to be a noise indicating that the top actually fell down and thus...he was not dreaming after all, he finally made it to reality. The only thing is, you have to listen closely and hope nobody expresses their feelings loudly during the black-out otherwise you'll miss any indication of a noise

^That's what I was referring to. For me it was a bunch of jackasses laughing, some people clapped...and apparently I've heard MANY many people express their irritation with people going "awwww!!!" like "DAMN IT", not "that's cute!". We may just have to wait for a DVD release or for there to be absolutely nobody else in the theatre to hear the noise, but there are tons...and I mean TONS of people that claim there's a noise and most people didn't hear it due to other RUDE members in the audience. (I myself have never done such a thing...I mean yes, I will LAUGH when it's a funny moment in a movie but I will not start clapping right after it goes to black, I wait for the credit roll and music if I want to clap and cheer on the movie).

MARCOUXqc
07-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow! I saw this movie 2 days ago and it was AMAZING! A surprising ending thats leaves you like !?!WTF?!? but in a good way,

Bebe Buell
07-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Can't wait to see this! Comes out in Norway on Wednesday. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! People even say it's better than TDK, which is a mastepiece!

Marcus issavage
07-19-2010, 05:41 PM
And I wasn't talking about the dialouge I was specifically talking about what happened when the screen turned black. TVthePunisher thanks for clearing the up, and I am kind of pissed that I missed it.

Chaosx721
07-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry for how unclear it was, thankfully I learned how to use the spoiler tag!

^That's what I was referring to. For me it was a bunch of jackasses laughing, some people clapped...and apparently I've heard MANY many people express their irritation with people going "awwww!!!" like "DAMN IT", not "that's cute!". We may just have to wait for a DVD release or for there to be absolutely nobody else in the theatre to hear the noise, but there are tons...and I mean TONS of people that claim there's a noise and most people didn't hear it due to other RUDE members in the audience. (I myself have never done such a thing...I mean yes, I will LAUGH when it's a funny moment in a movie but I will not start clapping right after it goes to black, I wait for the credit roll and music if I want to clap and cheer on the movie).

Yea same thing happen to me, right when it cut to black everyone was like "awwwwwwwww!" so I couldn't hear anything. Will have to see when it comes out on DVD.

SynysterChris
07-20-2010, 03:50 AM
This movie was awesome. I hope other movies take an example and make something as original as this.

MGMT
07-20-2010, 05:20 AM
I just can't take Leo seriously after Titanic. Deception just looks like it's trying to one-up Shutter Island.

I thought this film was great.
Not into DiCaprio that much either, but I thought the film was very clever.
Hated the damn Hollywood ending though.

I don't get either of these...

You're missing out.

Michael Cain is a great actor even though he wasn't in the movie much at all. My favorite actor of them all was Joseph Gordon-Levit (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/) but they all did a great job. "Movie of the forever" for sure. Amazing storyline, acting and special effects; this movie had it all!

Great ending btw. :)

I hear that :]

Just came back from my second viewing, and there were a lot of things I've
missed the first time, so I can say with excitement, hopefully there's more
tomorrow.

HarperBird
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I work at the cinema and i have seen the ending to the film many times and i cannot hear anything when it blackouts at the end!

Z3R0 S1X
07-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I saw it last weekend and believe that its a great movie. That said, I also feel that Nolan left the ending open to discussion since we never see the totem fall over despite what other people are claiming that they heard it fall. Its shown spinning as the credits roll and shows a slight wobble, but we never see if it falls. Open ending to invoke thought and discussion, Nolan did it on purpose.

Yontnaem
07-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Saw this last night. Great film & ending.

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm going again tomorrow, I seriously can't wait. Insanely great film. I can't think of one thing I didn't like about it. Also, WTF is up with Rotten Tomatoes? Last time I checked it was around 83% fresh. Rubbish. IMDB has it at around 9.3 give or take. Much more like it.

Nolan is a once in a lifetime director/writer. He could be the best "blockbuster" director I've ever seen. Inception=Perfection. I actually find myself hoping he'll skip the next Batman (shame) and write some of his own material.

W IR A T IH
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Easily one of the best movies i ever saw and also leo is my favorite actor ever.

chriissa
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Easily one of my favourite movies of 2010. Very stunning sfx.

Every time I see Dicapriepic in a new role I enjoy him more and more. The Departed and Shutter Island are also two of my fav films.

I also liked how the ending was open to interpretation, although a lot of review sites keep mentioning his wedding ring. I'm not sure if the info is true or not. I personally didn't notice it since.. I don't tend to notice these things full stop, but apparently Cobb wears his wedding ring at the beginning of the movie, and continues to wear it during dream sequences but not during reality sequences. And at the end of the movie he's not wearing it.

Perhaps a more conclusive ending? I'd like to watch it again at some point and try to pick it out.

Thegreatest7884
07-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Did anyone here stay after the credits? I heard that the top falls over or something and just want to see if anyone can confirm it.

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Did anyone here stay after the credits? I heard that the top falls over or something and just want to see if anyone can confirm it.

I stayed through the entire credits, didn't hear much except a great score.

exo-apollo
07-23-2010, 08:50 AM
What an excellent film. Might have to see it again, not to understand it more, just cause it is so damned enjoyable.

BG AzN
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Just saw this movie for the second time and it was still amazing as the first time I went to see it. The ending is what always catches me after they wake up from the plane. I keep telling myself that they're all still in a dream but it looks like I'll never know.

sixgun91
07-26-2010, 12:15 AM
really good movie. all my stupid friends talk about how confusing it was. and how its SO GOOD. it was good not OMG good. and not confusing if you just pay attention

lenny m
07-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Seen it today. One word. Brilliant. Quite hard to get your head around all the happenings as there is 5 things at once to think of but the effects and the portrayal of it all was brilliant.

9/10

Funky Bev
07-30-2010, 02:17 AM
such a good movie. i wish they made this movie in 3D instead of stupid step up 3.

PointPlaceWI
07-30-2010, 02:18 AM
such a good movie. i wish they made this movie in 3D instead of stupid step up 3.

I wish they didn't make any movie in 3D.

Funky Bev
07-30-2010, 02:22 AM

come on, you know the fight scene in second layer of the dream when the gravity gets all screwy would be nuts to wtch in 3D.

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
flew by fast for 2 1/2 hours

Pyrochaos
07-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Just saw this last night. Kid of overrated IMO. The ending was predictable. And I really don't understand how many of you think this movie is so original, it takes a lot from many other movies.

Iv AJay vI
07-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Agreed. Fucking everything is in 3D now.. it's stupid.

MGMT
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Just saw this last night. Kid of overrated IMO. The ending was predictable. And I really don't understand how many of you think this movie is so original, it takes a lot from many other movies.

Over-rated? really? I seen it more of a, word-of-mouth movie, cause my first
time seeing it, it wasn't even half full, then
my third time, i had to catch the next showing, cause it was sold out.

In the last half of the decade of nothing but, remakes,
sequels/prequels and comic book/novel adapted movies, not original... no, not at all.

Sparx.
08-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Agreed. Fucking everything is in 3D now.. it's stupid.

No ones forcing you to watch it in 3D, there are regular versions.

I saw this movie for the second time yesterday, and I must say, you really realize so much more the second time through. The ending was great, and I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends.

HarperBird
08-01-2010, 11:34 PM

sequels/prequels and comic book/novel adapted movies, not original... no, not at all.

Totally agree with you after seeing it 3 times as well!!

I reckon he's just saying this to be different but everyone is intitled to their own opinions!! also how is the ending predictable its open up to interpretations that is where he differ my friend!

Also try watching it with more of an open mind instead of guessing what happens (it helps, trust me!)

Marcus issavage
08-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I reckon he's just saying this to be different but everyone is intitled to their own opinions!! also how is the ending predictable its open up to interpretations that is where he differ my friend!

Also try watching it with more of an open mind instead of guessing what happens (it helps, trust me!)
I really don't think he is trying to be different. I felt this movie was also over rated. I heard great things about it and the trailer looked fantastic so I decided to watch it. It was good just not how everyone made it out to be. They made it sound like it is the greatest thing on earth when it wasn't even close. It's just my opinion though.

mrszeeeze
08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Before I caught the trailer on TV the one day, I hadn't even heard of it, but it was that trailer alone and the Wikipedia search after that made me want to go see this... and it was just fantastic. One of the most original films that I've ever seen. Visually, it was amazing, especially limbo. It's always great to find a summer film that isn't just your slash and hack, action, popcorn movie. I'd love to go see again.

damtalldylan
08-02-2010, 03:40 AM

Completely Wrong

damtalldylan
08-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Easily one of my favourite movies of 2010. Very stunning sfx.

Every time I see Dicapriepic in a new role I enjoy him more and more. The Departed and Shutter Island are also two of my fav films.

You forgot another great film with Dicaprio, The Aviator.

the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future,

Pyrochaos
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM

I didn't say I didn't like it. I liked it, but it had a lot in common with the Matrix.

How could you not guess the ending when they mentioned the whole [Spoilers highlight]
He might be in a dream of his own, was easy to see the first time they mentioned multiple dream layers.

Also plugging into a machine in order to enter a dream world? People not knowing if they're dreaming or not, an architect able to manipulate the dream world to their liking? That's exactly like the Matrix.

Pyrochaos
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM

I guess "internet overrated" would be what I meant. The "best movie ever" and "completly original" made my expectations high. My own fault really. It still had very beautiful cinematography and great fight scenes. I would recommend it just for that.

jamie1000013
08-03-2010, 04:20 AM
I really didn't get the start of the film lol. "oh I was in a dream within a dream" what? only watched 20 minutes of it though probably watch the rest later today.

RAIDERJUNKIE
08-03-2010, 08:59 PM
This is one of the best movies ever made! Easily my new favorite, seen it three times already!

DocRevolt
08-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Damn, I saw it first with one of my friends on Sunday and was absolutely knocked off my feet. Saw it again today with my girlfriend and was even more impressed. Between the score, incredible acting, perfect CGI, fantastic writing and directing... I think I've found myself a new favorite movie. I may actually go see it a third time with my dad who's dying to catch it. I can't watch the opening sequence enough, it really blew me away.

Revolver
08-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Just saw it last night.
I understood most of the plot but somewhere along the lines I got lost, lol.
It was nice to see several of the Batman Begins actors pop out in this one.

Thegreatest7884
08-04-2010, 03:42 AM
SPOILERS AHEAD

I just heard a very mindblowing theory about the movie. My friend suggests that the entire thing was actually an inception so Cobb would move on and forget Mal. Any thoughts? Also, 1000th post.

StW
08-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Great movie.

First time I semi-understood it and enjoyed it. But the second time was a lot better. Made sure I listened to all the dialogue lol. The ending is still killing me.

gazslater
08-04-2010, 04:16 AM
looks great but is it better than law abiding citizen?

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Superb film. I have seen it thrice already and it gets better every time.

Oh and it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Law Abiding Citizen lmao

Pyrochaos
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
SPOILERS AHEAD

I just heard a very mindblowing theory about the movie. My friend suggests that the entire thing was actually an inception so Cobb would move on and forget Mal. Any thoughts? Also, 1000th post.

SPOILERS HIGHLIGHT:

I believe he was in the real world in the end. There were many hints to that. One being apperently right as the screen blackens, you hear the top fall. Which people are saying, but I never heard it.

Another is that every time Cobb is in the dream sequence with his wife, he has his wedding ring on. (there are distinctive shots indicating this) and when he is in the real world he does not wear his wedding ring.

Z3R0 S1X
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I hadn't thought of that, interesting idea and I doubt Nolan will ever say what he originally intended.

I believe he was in the real world in the end. There were many hints to that. One being apperently right as the screen blackens, you hear the top fall. Which people are saying, but I never heard it. Another is that every time Cobb is in the dream sequence with his wife, he has his wedding ring on. (there are distinctive shots indicating this) and when he is in the real world he does not wear his wedding ring.
I noticed the wedding ring the second time I watched it and came to the same conclusion. However I didn't hear the top fall as the screen went black.

shilbo-assassin
08-04-2010, 11:00 PM
SPOILERS!!!

The totem doesnt fall, it wobbles, then cuts to black.
I guess it's left open to however you want to see it but I don't think he was in a dream. And I don't think in some ways it mattered. He had talked about taking a leap of faith and in the end that's what he did. Of course it mattered that he was with his real kids but he would never really know if he was in reality, not 100%, he had to take a leap of faith.

If the ending is a dream then what is the point of that scene? Or indeed the film, that sometimes dreams appear a bit like dreams?

Revolver
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
SPOILERS!!!

The totem doesnt fall, it wobbles, then cuts to black.
I guess it's left open to however you want to see it but I don't think he was in a dream.

That itself tells the audience that he's in reality.

PointPlaceWI
08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
That itself tells the audience that he's in reality.

Or possibly since his ability to build dreams was breaking (along with a bit of his sanity) throughout the movie and the top neither fell nor spun perfectly he is in a place in between reality and a dream. He could of possibly somehow entered some form of Limbo.

WartyHogger
08-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Well it is in the top 5 of my "no particular order list" becasue this movie was amazing, had an awesome story, the music was AMAZING, I loved the outfits, the camera angels. And if that's not enough, it has one of the best scenes in film history. The hallway fight sequence. That scene, in Imax. I came in public with no hands for the first time.:woop:

OAR617
08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I havnt been able to see it yet but have only heard good things.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-20-2010, 07:46 PM
This movie had you thinking from beginning to end. My absolute favorite part was the ending. It allows you to leave with 4 possible conclusions. I won't go into detail for those of you who still haven't seen it.

X monkfish69 X
08-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I saw this last week and it was excellent. I really enjoyed it and am really excited for the Blu_-Ray version which for me is a day one purchase ! I hope they make it a two-disk edition with a shitload of extras !!!

I love what people are saying about the ending. Nolan played that ending very well if you ask me rather than letting you see for certain what happened. Can anyone 100% confirm the 'toppling noise' thing at the credits ? I didn't hear anything at the end as I was walking out of the cinema... Didn't notice the wedding ring though that others noticed ! Will definitely look for that when I watch it again.

For anyone that hasn't yet seen this, go and see it ! It's truly awesome !!!

WartyHogger
09-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Blu-rays that come in briefcases are inherently better than all other Blu-rays. Just ask the Blade Runner Five-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition (http://www.amazon.com/Runner-Five-Disc-Ultimate-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B000R6PKP2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283527303&sr=8-3). Then take a break from asking questions of inanimate objects and get ready for this glory: on December 6th, Warner Bros.http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.collider.com/2010/09/03/inception-blu-ray-limited-edition-briefcase-december-6th/#) is releasing a limited edition Inception Blu-ray triple pack inside a cool briefcase. The limited edition includes the Blu-ray, DVD, digital copy, a disc of special features, theatrical dream machine leaflet, four art cards showing the main key art, and a spinning top. The set costs Ł39.99. US residents reading this, I am 100% with you in hoping that this limited edition is also released stateside.http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6141/inceptionbluraylimitede.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/inceptionbluraylimitede.jpg/)

So buying this.

MGMT
09-05-2010, 05:25 AM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6141/inceptionbluraylimitede.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/inceptionbluraylimitede.jpg/)

So buying this.

You just made the rest of my year.

So, now this and Tron:Legacy to look forward to in December.

Mr Jummy
09-11-2010, 10:24 AM
There are maybe one or two must-see movies a year and inception is one of them. I loved it and I am going to see it again soon.

TIP: If you liked inception, check out Memento as well. Also an excellent movie from the same director!