PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Arcade Games, Keeping Saves?

Craphex
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm trying to free up some space on my hard drive, so i'm deleting the arcade games that I have not played in a while! I'm keeping the save files in case I go back to the game, and I can just download the game again when i want to play.
But I have noticed a few of the games do not have seperate save files, just the game itself! If i delete the game then come to download it again in the future, will the saves be there as well?

Thanks!

veece16
07-02-2010, 04:03 PM
No, they won't unfortunately. If you've already beat the game don't worry about re-downloading them.

N3xus Gam3r
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Some games wont
some games will

That is what i know :)
The stats shhould be keeping in mostly games, even without a save file :)

Craphex
07-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Ah well, so where is the saved data usual kept on these type of games? On their server, or does the downloaded file I already have keep updating itself?

Sence22
07-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Yes you can delete the game and keep save game.
under your hard drive, simply find the game, press "A" and select the game and delete.

The Dukenator
07-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, which games that don't have separate save files?

andami
07-03-2010, 04:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, which games that don't have separate save files?
There are quite a few. The only arcade game I have that does have a separate save file is Kingdom of Keflings. If a game does not have a separate save file, then you can delete the arcade game and when you redownload it the game should still have all of your stats attached.

RuYi
07-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I had no idea about this. Going to check if it's the same for the Arcade games I played. I prefer keeping the savedata.

The Dukenator
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
A lot of games I played over time don't always have separate saves.
The games that don't have separate saves, the saved data is tied to your gamer profile.
This means that if you delete your profile, you may lose all saved data depending if its a Live profile or not.

Skillet
07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm assuming this is one of the reasons why Gamertags increase in size over time. Because I'm not convinced that achievements data takes up several MB of space. :p

But seriously, I've removed almost all of my arcade games in the past because I couldn't play them offline with my new console. I redownloaded them after getting the licenses sorted and in games where it mattered (like Alien Hominid), my level progress was still intact.

Just be sure not to delete the saved games for any arcade games that do have them and you needn't worry.