PDA

View Full Version : Head Gear/Mic- proper etiquette when playing multiplayer?

JAW LV
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I haven't gotten into the mutiplayer stuff yet.... but I'm about to. Does everyone use the headgear/mic when playing multi-player? I just don't want to be the one douche who isn't wearing one if everone else is. I do have the gear; I just haven't used it yet.

StolenPaper18
07-02-2010, 06:50 PM
It really depends on what game you are playing. Certain games I would suggest using it because you need to communicate with your teammates for strategy and what not.

But, to be honest, I hardly ever wear mine...even when I probably should. I can't stand the people on xbox live. If it isn't some little kid screaming in the mic, then it is someone singing/playing music too loud, people talking shit/arguing about who is better, etc, etc. Xbox live is really just one big shit-fest, imo.

I usually only wear mine if I'm playing with friends, drunk, or needing a good laugh from all the "gangstas" and "tough guys" on live...:woop:

Eksy
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
It probably varies depending on the game you're playing. For instance, lots of people on Halo seem to be extremely chatty, but in squads for BFBC2, it can be pretty quiet. Last night during my Transformers session, I noticed over half of the people had mics plugged in, but not a word was spoken.

Just go ahead and talk if you want to, or don't if you aren't feeling particularly social. :P
I can't see anyone finding the lack of communication as douchebaggy unless you're playing with a group of people that is trying to be tactical. :]
Have fun!

JAW LV
07-02-2010, 07:01 PM
It probably varies depending on the game you're playing. For instance, lots of people on Halo seem to be extremely chatty, but in squads for BFBC2, it can be pretty quiet. Last night during my Transformers session, I noticed over half of the people had mics plugged in, but not a word was spoken.

Just go ahead and talk if you want to, or don't if you aren't feeling particularly social. :P
I can't see anyone finding the lack of communication as douchebaggy unless you're playing with a group of people that is trying to be tactical. :]
Have fun!

TY for the quick response. I'm primarily playing GOW2 right now so me thinks I need it if playing Wingman, KOTH etc.

JAW LV
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
It really depends on what game you are playing. Certain games I would suggest using it because you need to communicate with your teammates for strategy and what not.

But, to be honest, I hardly ever wear mine...even when I probably should. I can't stand the people on xbox live. If it isn't some little kid screaming in the mic, then it is someone singing/playing music too loud, people talking shit/arguing about who is better, etc, etc. Xbox live is really just one big shit-fest, imo.

I usually only wear mine if I'm playing with friends, drunk, or needing a good laugh from all the "gangstas" and "tough guys" on live...:woop:

That's exactly the reason I haven't used mine yet: the few times I did play multi player, like on GTA, it was just a bunch of people yelling shit at each other. I don't need that crap; I'm 30 years old with kids lol.

balance13
07-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I use mine but it is a turtle beach so I mostly use it to just play games in general. I don't really talk unless I am telling some annoying kid to shut up.

Starstrukk X360A
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I usually never use mine unless I'm in a Party with friends; I just have more fun speaking to people I actually know compared to random strangers.

So you definitely wouldn't be the only one who goes without using a mic (:

Deadly Moves
07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
It all depends on what game your playing. But if you follow these rules you'll be fine...

Dont talk trash
Dont go throwing racial slurs around
Dont shout
Dont sing
Dont play loud music into your mic
Close your mouth when your eating
If you need to talk to family or friends that are in the room, mute your mic

JAW LV
07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
It all depends on what game your playing. But if you follow these rules you'll be fine...

Dont talk trash
Dont shout
Dont sing

Eeegads I can just imagine it now- some one eating a hamburger and all you hear is "nom, nom, nom, nom" lol

Condescension
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Honestly unless im playing with my friends I dont use my mic at all. I have a Turtle Beach from when I used to play events but I dont use it much now. I guess if you need to talk to someone plug in your mic and do it. If not, dont even worry about it.

credible
07-02-2010, 08:20 PM

Dont talk trash
Dont shout
Dont sing
If you need to talk to family or friends that are in the room, mute your mic +1

Also, when sneezing, mute your mic!

DarkCreations
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Dont talk trash
Dont shout
Dont sing

I used to hear all of this when playing Halo... it sorta made me stop because i like having my headset in (even if i don't talk). Someone eventually joins off my friends list even if i'm in a party by myself.

I'm actually in 1 on my own right now, very peaceful haha. Call me a loner if you must, i couldn't care less :D

xFortyseven
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I just don't want to be the one douche who isn't wearing one if everone else is.

I'm that douche =(

KeepEmRolling
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM

Dont talk trash
Dont shout
Dont sing

good list...i'll add-

don't talk constantly

don't have your tv/sound system up so loud everyone else can hear the game coming thru ur mic

balance13
07-03-2010, 02:14 AM
good list...i'll add-

don't talk constantly

don't have your tv/sound system up so loud everyone else can hear the game coming thru ur mic

That's one of the most annoying ones, or singing I cannot stand that.

Bartiatus
07-03-2010, 02:24 AM
The amount of smack talk that goes on, and the annoyance of hearing all the 13 year old kids yelling slurs at each other pretty much keeps me from using mine. Only when playing with personal friends do I use mine. I like the lists that have been posted on here though, wish more people would follow these simple suggestions.

EmporerDragon
07-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Eeegads I can just imagine it now- some one eating a hamburger and all you hear is "nom, nom, nom, nom" lol

Though that can be tactically advantageous at times:

YouTube- TF2 Sanvich fakeout