PDA

View Full Version : advice regarding a stick and trials

Marketman316
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
up to the 2 seconds charge characters specifically blankas crouch hp then electric shock roll trial and have checked youtube videos and forums and they pull it off easy but i cant pull it off with the standard pad, should i just get a joystick? doing pretty well with most of the other characters reaching trials 16-20 usually. any advice would be ace, also a list from easiest to hardest chracters to complete all the trials with would be awesome!! looking forward to a reply or any advice b4 i spent 100 quid cheers:confused::confused::confused:

Crazy006
07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
If you have never used a stick before, its not going to help you in the short term at all, it will actually set you back a week or 2 weeks (or even longer)

If you are going to buy a stick, try and find a SE version 1 stick and mod it with new parts. It will probably come out alot cheaper depending on how much you get the stick for.

As for Trials, go for T Hawk, he has by far the easiest challenges.

Marketman316
07-04-2010, 08:47 PM
If you have never used a stick before, its not going to help you in the short term at all, it will actually set you back a week or 2 weeks (or even longer)

If you are going to buy a stick, try and find a SE version 1 stick and mod it with new parts. It will probably come out alot cheaper depending on how much you get the stick for.

As for Trials, go for T Hawk, he has by far the easiest challenges.

not really bothered about the price looked at the madcatz one and it seems pretty good, played sf2 in its many incarnations in the arcade for years and i play streetfighter quite a lot anyway-i had cleared all the achievements bar the trial icons n titles ones and had 1500 ranked matches on ssf4 i the first week.

as for the trials your right t. hawk was simple but there are 31 more characters and i dont want to pick them in order or at random and concentrate on say viper and get frustrated a list from easiest to hardest would be great :-)

Th3 Apache Dog
07-05-2010, 06:14 AM
not really bothered about the price looked at the madcatz one and it seems pretty good, played sf2 in its many incarnations in the arcade for years and i play streetfighter quite a lot anyway-i had cleared all the achievements bar the trial icons n titles ones and had 1500 ranked matches on ssf4 i the first week.

as for the trials your right t. hawk was simple but there are 31 more characters and i dont want to pick them in order or at random and concentrate on say viper and get frustrated a list from easiest to hardest would be great :-) Well some easier ones are Guy, Cody, and Dudley so you may wanna give those a try for now.

Marketman316
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
lol thats more useful tbh, i really struggled with the trials on vanilla(?) but after doing these have gone back and the timing is a lot more leniant, struggling a bit with guys target combos but cody seems pretty straightforward-cheers

Th3 Apache Dog
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Yea once you get Guy's target combo's down he becomes very simple to finish. If you keep practicing it you'll get it easily.

duelingk
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
A word of advice. If you get a Madcatz SE stick, replace the buttons and stick immediately. They WILL break and its just better in the long run to swap em out with sanwa parts or parts of your preference.

Marketman316
07-27-2010, 03:24 AM
A word of advice. If you get a Madcatz SE stick, replace the buttons and stick immediately. They WILL break and its just better in the long run to swap em out with sanwa parts or parts of your preference.

well well more pointless advice about modding, cant we just get a straight answer about which is the best stick? what would you have me replace these parts with? a nuclear powered steam engine turbo button and kryptonite engineered stick?

Marketman316
07-27-2010, 03:26 AM
all i am saying is i woud much rather get proper advice from someone who has struggled with the pad and just bought a normal stick without all this bullshit upgrading parts ballache otherwise i may go on samurai shodown!!

Arron-AcE
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
easy characters are

seth
bison
rose
dan
cody
t hawk
zangeif (isnt too hard)

they r the ones that i found least wrist wrenching an finger crunching :) good luck matey the feeling of completing a trial is completely orgasmic lol

Arron-AcE
08-02-2010, 06:34 PM
oh and marketman i know the feeling, i dont have an upgraded stick or any of that jus a standard stick :) if u get stuck on any trials or are looking for some decent tips try checking out a guy named vesper arcade on youtube hes a really class player an has multiple chapters on starting from noob an working up on street fighter

ofay
08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
well well more pointless advice about modding, cant we just get a straight answer about which is the best stick? what would you have me replace these parts with? a nuclear powered steam engine turbo button and kryptonite engineered stick?
Probably means samwhatever or semwhatever parts, nodding is a pretty well discussed subject if you look it up