PDA

View Full Version : So if you pre order from selected retailers you get recon helmet

NomoreNiceGuy
07-03-2010, 12:48 AM
but, where can i find this list, and the list of UK retailers?

thanks,

k2345
07-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Well I checked on Game, Gamestation & HMV webistes & they all list the helmet as a pre-order incentive

eruzeis
07-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I know that no matter where you get it, if you buy the legendary edition you get a flaming helmet.

Atroxx70
07-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I know that no matter where you get it, if you buy the legendary edition you get a flaming helmet.

Is it flaming Recon though, or some other type? Honestly though, the only thing that ever made Recon cool was the old method of getting it, which was pretty much that you had to impress Bungie somehow. It really won't mean anything if everyone can get it.

SuperSkyline89
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Is it flaming Recon though, or some other type? Honestly though, the only thing that ever made Recon cool was the old method of getting it, which was pretty much that you had to impress Bungie somehow. It really won't mean anything if everyone can get it.

So true, this kind of stuff is always pretty stupid.

The only cool thing it what comes with the special editions of the games. The statue with the Legendary edition is the only reason I pre-ordered off Amazon months ago.

crazy W01f 816
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Here's how it works.

If you buy the standard edition ($60) you will get a code for recon from the retailer if you pick up the game on launch day and only on launch day. It doesn't matter what retailer you choose.

If you get the Premium edition ($80) you get the recon code, and the special elite armor code. If you pre-ordered this you will get the recon code no matter what if you have it delivered to you, but you will still have to pick it on launch day if you pre-ordered it in store.

If you get the Legendary edition ($150) you get the recon code, special elite armor, and the flaming head spartan enhancement. The flaming head enhancement, to my knowledge, can be used on any armor permutation not just recon. If you pre-ordered this you will get the recon code no matter what if you have it delivered to you, but you will still have to pick it on launch day if you pre-ordered it in store.

I don't think there are any store exclusive pre-order or at least none that I've heard of.

*EDIT*-Gamestop is now offering a unique armor permutation with pre-order.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/Reach_Armor_bonusLG.jpg

Hope this helps everyone out.

saladbar112
07-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Well since you said UK im assuming you are not in north america. this is what it is:

N. America: Must buy the game (any edition is fine) on the LAUNCH DATE (9/14/10) to get the Recon Helmet.

Outside N. America: Must PRE-ORDER the game. I have yet to see anywhere that you must pre-order from specific places.. i read just to pre-order it.

Shipley0110
07-14-2010, 12:41 PM
From what I've seen so far, every retailer in the UK is offering the Spartan Helmet pre-order bonus.

Have only looked on line so far (Game, HMV, Amazon, Gamestation, Play) but each of them offered the same armour variant for preordering.

Atroxx70
07-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Gamestop is offering Recon too, but they didn't start that promotion until after I already had mine paid off. Hope they still let me have a code.