PDA

View Full Version : How Much would I get if I sold these?

Billy69
07-03-2010, 05:25 AM
I was wondering how much would I get if I sold these PC games? here they are

Games
Half Life 2 Episode One
Max Payne The Fall of Max Payne
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butchers Ray
Medal of Honor Breakthrough
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
Call of duty United Offensive
Call of duty
Gunman
Painkiller: Heavens's got a hitman
Doom 3
NHL 2002
and Halo Combat Evolved

Thanks and Advance Guys!

EmporerDragon
07-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Very little. PC games tend to depreciate in value faster than console games.

Your most valuable game out of the lot would be Halo, which could fetch about $4 if it has everything with it (Box, manual, etc.).

TVthePunisher
07-03-2010, 06:20 AM
It's weird, our Gamestop contradicts itself by saying "we can't take PC games" and then selling newly released PC games as "Used". Huh...really? How do they get these "Used" games anyways? I tried selling some pretty good and recent PC games, I get the cold shoulder...yet they have "used" PC games in stock. Kind of fishy...they also wouldn't let me sell PSP games because they said "they're not making them anymore"...what the fuck? Are people in this town idiots? And this was from A MANAGER.

tweak4ever
07-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Very little. PC games tend to depreciate in value faster than console games.

Your most valuable game out of the lot would be Halo, which could fetch about $4 if it has everything with it (Box, manual, etc.).

heh, sad thing is thats true, its rediculous how quickly electronics lose their value

klokwerk
07-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Try to sell them for 5 bucks each on craigslist.

TVthePunisher
07-03-2010, 06:28 AM
heh, sad thing is thats true, its rediculous how quickly electronics lose their value

Amazingly even. I bought Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 and had to sell my PS3 like a week later, and this game was new (by that, I mean it hadn't been out two weeks)..I went in to sell it and it was like worth 15 dollars! Yet one time I went in to sell uh...what game was it, well it was new and it came out as under 30 bucks (maybe even 30)...tell me what's wrong THERE. I think their trade-in values come straight out of their ass (and what's available in their register).

EmporerDragon
07-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I think their trade-in values come straight out of their ass (and what's available in their register).

Not quite. While Gamestop's trade in values are designed to rip you off and maximize their profits, the exact dollar amount is based off current stock and how many people are trading in the game.

In the case of RE5, the reason that the trade in value was so low was because while the game was only a few weeks old, thousands of people were already trading it in because they had already beaten it and want to move onto the next game. To counterbalance the mass trade-ins, the trade in value plummets, which discourages people from adding to the store's already large stock of the game.

tweak4ever
07-03-2010, 07:16 AM
I think their trade-in values come straight out of their ass (and what's available in their register).

lol, in the same vein, I was looking amazon today and the prices didnt make much sense.

MLB 2k6 was 52 bucks
Rock Revolution was 3.57
Hot wheels was 20 bucks

ect...
wtf...