PDA

View Full Version : My xbox live keeps disconnecting

Greaves247
07-03-2010, 09:24 AM
i switch the xbox on and it signs in fine thena minute later it disconnects then cant reconnect but i do test connection and its fine?
iv switched off router etc and left fo 30secs then switche don and stll the same :S

Sniper Riflez
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM
have you got a wireless adapter or an ethernet cable.

ChewyTheJuggalo
07-03-2010, 11:22 AM
This happened to me on a wireless connection a few days ago. I just switched to a wired connection for a few days and when I went back no disconnecting. :-)

Reacher8197
07-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I think it would most likely be down to a wireless connection. It depends how good the signal is around your network, and when you're hooked up wirelessly it tends to sway a little bit. I remember it used to do it on my PS3, but as soon as I connected via Ethernet it was fine.

tweak4ever
07-04-2010, 04:21 AM
that kept happening to me, but then i realized it was because my sister plays wow, and since we shared the same wireless, she kept reseting it when it was going slow

Greaves247
07-04-2010, 09:33 AM
i have got the wireless adapter, but my brothers ps3 wont connect to the internet at all on his, il give it a go later see if fixed it self

Greaves247
07-04-2010, 09:39 AM
nah its stil doin it, my laptop wouldnt connect to internet at first i had restart router an that, should i reset my ip?

Xerofox
07-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I guess you have several computers on 1 network right? I could be that one of the computers is pushing your xbox and/or laptop of off the network. Your network gets too crowded and cuts of one of the connections, in this case the xbox 360 because of the constant use of the bandwidth. That's a problem I'm constantly having, still haven't found a solution for it.

Edit: the only solution is an internet chord instead of a wireless adapter.

TsarBlandi
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I guess you have several computers on 1 network right? I could be that one of the computers is pushing your xbox and/or laptop of off the network. Your network gets too crowded and cuts of one of the connections, in this case the xbox 360 because of the constant use of the bandwidth. That's a problem I'm constantly having, still haven't found a solution for it.

Edit: the only solution is an internet chord instead of a wireless adapter.

what he said, kept happening to me as i used to have 2 pc's (so i could.... bah just to look cool) and mah xbox going, aswell as my step brother playing on his xbox and my mum on her laptop

Greaves247
07-04-2010, 08:15 PM
iv never had this problem before and theres been no new things connectin to the internet that wasnt there before

The Dukenator
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
IP Address Conflict is where more than one device is attempting to use the same IP at the same time. Thus, you have connection issues. To fix this, reserve the ip addresses of the devices so that they get the same ip from the DHCP server.

I had a few devices connected at the same time. What I did was reserved the PC & 360 IP addresses, and had a wireless laptop that didn't have its ip reserved by the DHCP server.

Greaves247
07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Sorted it :) just changed the ip on my xbox and had a look at the dhcp or wateva it is client list and chose a number that isn't being used, restarted the modem and router and xbox now perfect again :) thanks for the help

FFFreak1129
07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
IP Address Conflict is where more than one device is attempting to use the same IP at the same time. Thus, you have connection issues. To fix this, reserve the ip addresses of the devices so that they get the same ip from the DHCP server.

I had a few devices connected at the same time. What I did was reserved the PC & 360 IP addresses, and had a wireless laptop that didn't have its ip reserved by the DHCP server.

How do you reserve the IP addresses? I have my xbox hooked up to the router with an ethernet cable and sometimes its fine, but other times I get randomly disconnected. Its not the connection because the laptop is still connected online when I get disconnected from Live. Its a Linksys Wireless G if that helps.