PDA

View Full Version : Add-Ons dont work !

I Ghost Cobra I
07-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey,

i have a problem with my oblivion add-ons. I bought all of them long time ago (Shivering Isles, Dunbarrow Cove, Knights of the Nine, Frostcarg Spire and two others, forgot the name) with the same account and transfered the license on my new xbox. Now currently i have no XBL, but i played oblivion and he loaded all the add-ons excpet Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

Any idea what went wrong?

GORLESTON DALEY
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Did you download all of the Oblivion DLC via the same Gamertag?

jedijaxpavan
07-04-2010, 02:46 AM
to play some DLC you MUST be conected to live. ex: Mass Effect you can not play the two DLC add-ons if you are not on live. that could be the problem if i understand correctly, hope it helped

RadiantViper
07-04-2010, 02:48 AM
to play some DLC you MUST be conected to live. ex: Mass Effect you can not play the two DLC add-ons if you are not on live. that could be the problem if i understand correctly, hope it helped

False. I beat the first Mass Effect add-on offline. Unless it's a multiplayer add-on, you should be able to play any DLC offline.

OP: Try re-downloading the DLCs that didn't work.

jedijaxpavan
07-04-2010, 02:56 AM
False. I beat the first Mass Effect add-on offline. Unless it's a multiplayer add-on, you should be able to play any DLC offline.

OP: Try re-downloading the DLCs that didn't work.

depends......i should have asked first.

i had save with the DLC and i could not load it offline. i guess if you start a new game then it would be fine.....in the US that is

Pootcrum
07-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Hey,

i have a problem with my oblivion add-ons. I bought all of them long time ago (Shivering Isles, Dunbarrow Cove, Knights of the Nine, Frostcarg Spire and two others, forgot the name) with the same account and transfered the license on my new xbox. Now currently i have no XBL, but i played oblivion and he loaded all the add-ons excpet Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

Any idea what went wrong?

There are two types of licenses for DLC, one related to your tag and one to the box. When you transfer licenses you only transfer the one for the gamertag not your xbox. This means that when you go to play the DLC that has been transferred to the new xbox it has no license for the console but does for your gamertag. The only way for it to confirm that you own that DLC is for you to be connected to xbox live so it can check the license for you gamertag.

Long story short, you must be connected to xbox live for some DLC to work, and my bet is this is one of those cases.

RadiantViper
07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
There are two types of licenses for DLC, one related to your tag and one to the box. When you transfer licenses you only transfer the one for the gamertag not your xbox. This means that when you go to play the DLC that has been transferred to the new xbox it has no license for the console but does for your gamertag. The only way for it to confirm that you own that DLC is for you to be connected to xbox live so it can check the license for you gamertag.

Long story short, you must be connected to xbox live for some DLC to work, and my bet is this is one of those cases.

A license transfers moves both over. I had to do a license transfer so I could use a few items I downloaded offline.

Pootcrum
07-04-2010, 09:03 AM
A license transfers moves both over. I had to do a license transfer so I could use a few items I downloaded offline.

Alrighty, I'm out of ideas then.

Shelton
07-04-2010, 09:45 AM

How can your profile licenses transfer anywhere? They are always tied to your profile. The console licenses are the only one's being transferred.

Anyway, I'm going to take an educated guess at the TC's problem. I assume you did transfer the licenses, but you didn't re-download those particular add-ons. This is a vital step in the transfer process. Go to Account Management/Download History, find the two add-ons that aren't working and re-download them.

RadiantViper
07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
How can your profile licenses transfer anywhere? They are always tied to your profile. The console licenses are the only one's being transferred.

Anyway, I'm going to take an educated guess at the TC's problem. I assume you did transfer the licenses, but you didn't re-download those particular add-ons. This is a vital step in the transfer process. Go to Account Management/Download History, find the two add-ons that aren't working and re-download them.

Yes yes, specifics. My point is the same.

I didn't have to do this for my license transfer, and I suggested that already as well.