PDA

View Full Version : Avoid like a shot to the head.

Yann Le Pentrec
07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I had been looking forward to this game for a while. I needn't have bothered. You know a game is bad when they can't even spell.

Hedshot?

Glitched cheevo's, severe lag, audio problems and an hard level that took me 6 hours to complete.

Pathetic.

acurate bob
07-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Iv not had any problems as you listed.

Infact I have not seen any lag at all during my online sessions. So what one word spelt wrong, big whupp. No achievements are glitched and if a level took six hours to do then you MUST have liked it up to that point to try and pass it.

Now I'm not saying that this game is perfect by far. But you have to remember that SNIPER: Ghost Warrior is City Interactive's first major console title.

So it can be expected that a few errors are present. Though none are game killers.

Yakuza James
07-04-2010, 01:19 AM
so far this game is the closest I have ever played to how real long distance shooting is, of course it does lack in some areas it didnt have the budget that the so called "good" games have

DusanMandic219
07-04-2010, 03:52 AM
so far this game is the closest I have ever played to how real long distance shooting is, of course it does lack in some areas it didnt have the budget that the so called "good" games have

Except they replaced actual bullet physics with plain inaccuracy. City Interactive, I am disappoint. Not to mention the "sniper" you play as is the least accurately depicted Sniper probably only second to COWA DOOTY! And the fact that the longest range you take a shot is at like 350 yrds is dumb. It could have been like a mini game where you get bi-poded up and then take into effect winds, humidity, drop and all that. Then you steady your breathing and then take your shot. That being said, I wouldn't want that for every shot you take, but it would be epic if the last at least was like that.

Pr0ph3cy
07-04-2010, 05:23 AM
i still have yet to find it in my town

Juiceh
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
or on the stealth missions: when you get spotted is says something like "Seviero have escaped", game is made by Russians btw, almost every name in the credits ended with "ski." Their previous titles were games like "Sushi Academy" (http://www.city-interactive.com/index.php?title=gamepage&m=408).
I disagree on spelling not being important, since you set the wrong standards for people who don't know English, so they will end up saying it wrong as well. Also it's sloppy.

Yann Le Pentrec
07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Iv not had any problems as you listed.

Infact I have not seen any lag at all during my online sessions. So what one word spelt wrong, big whupp. No achievements are glitched and if a level took six hours to do then you MUST have liked it up to that point to try and pass it.

Now I'm not saying that this game is perfect by far. But you have to remember that SNIPER: Ghost Warrior is City Interactive's first major console title.

So it can be expected that a few errors are present. Though none are game killers.

The lag wasn't during online, it was during "a simple rendevouz", when the game engine couldn't handle the amount of AI on screen.

The audio went wrong when I blew up too many things at once, it sounded horrific until I reloaded it.

Spelling and grammar are important. I paid 30 for this. So what if it's their first title? I wouldn't expect to buy a toaster that was a companies first and then have it not work.

And yes the cheevo's are glitched. Maybe not for you, but for a hell of alot of people they are. No "one shot two kills" and no "fallen eagle".

It didn't take me 6 hours to do a level, it took me six hours to do the game. On hard. Rubbish.

Angel Fire 42
07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I couldn't even get past the first mission on HARD let alone complete the game on Hard.
I don't like following a certain path in order to not get killed or game over shit. Primary example Mission 1 going through the runs when your spotter says to duck behind the wall - if you go anywhere but the wall they intended you to use you are spotted and dead in seconds. That is even if there is a wall between you and them. that - people - is not my kind of game. This is just rubbish. Too bad because there could have been so much more to the game if not for that. :uzi:

Cyler12
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah the game is okay at best but it has a really good concept that I enjoy a lot. Of course they have screwed up but if they made a sequel that is $60 with improvments I would buy it easy.

XxBlueSpade2xX
07-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I didn't have any of those problems. The game ran smoothly, yet it was still disappointing.

DeafSunchaser
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
agree ... this game is just awfull i knew summat was not right when didnt get my chevo for act 1 on hard and so stuck it in post back to lovefilm!

syckrhythm
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
The lag wasn't during online, it was during "a simple rendevouz", when the game engine couldn't handle the amount of AI on screen.

The audio went wrong when I blew up too many things at once, it sounded horrific until I reloaded it.

Spelling and grammar are important. I paid 30 for this. So what if it's their first title? I wouldn't expect to buy a toaster that was a companies first and then have it not work.

And yes the cheevo's are glitched. Maybe not for you, but for a hell of alot of people they are. No "one shot two kills" and no "fallen eagle".

It didn't take me 6 hours to do a level, it took me six hours to do the game. On hard. Rubbish.

dude, if you're going to bitch about this game then fucking take it back, no one wants to hear it

Yann Le Pentrec
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
dude, if you're going to bitch about this game then fucking take it back, no one wants to hear it

Thanks for your advice. I stupidly thought forums were for expressing your opnion. Stupid ol' me.

The fact that you rated this game at 86% says alot.

Cretin.

EliteShadowMan
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
I had been looking forward to this game for a while. I needn't have bothered. You know a game is bad when they can't even spell.

Hedshot?

Glitched cheevo's, severe lag, audio problems and an hard level that took me 6 hours to complete.

Pathetic.

are u mental? u did say that it took u 6 hours to beat ONE level, unless if ur grammars so bad that u wouldn't be able to tell the difference -.-

second off, LAG is for ONLINE play, FRAMERATE issues is for OFFLINE play (simple fact noob)

third off, the game was already a budget title and u just went ahead and bought it expecting a AAA title like halo,cod, or bioshock? idiotic

fourth off, of course sometimes the game will have audio problems (its a minor problem if it happens 1 or 2 times, and ur really bitching about it.)

fifth off, don't say achievements are glitched unless they really are, we can't afford to have terrible players complain about not getting the achievement.

Delboy06eu
07-08-2010, 07:23 AM
are u mental? u did say that it took u 6 hours to beat ONE level, unless if ur grammars so bad that u wouldn't be able to tell the difference -.-

second off, LAG is for ONLINE play, FRAMERATE issues is for OFFLINE play (simple fact noob)

third off, the game was already a budget title and u just went ahead and bought it expecting a AAA title like halo,cod, or bioshock? idiotic

fourth off, of course sometimes the game will have audio problems (its a minor problem if it happens 1 or 2 times, and ur really bitching about it.)

fifth off, don't say achievements are glitched unless they really are, we can't afford to have terrible players complain about not getting the achievement.

Pwned ;)

I am actually enjoying the experience of Sniper Ghost warrior at the moment. I did however find that when beginning chapter 5, the opening cutscene would not play and the screen went all mad, with blobs of orange and black. Tried installing game to hard drive but didnt fix anything. Got a replacement copy and now things seeem to be better.

I really was expecting a better multiplayer *no kill cam* awful stats*no matchamking* guess i wont be getting that 1000gs after all :mad:

ZedChuva
07-08-2010, 08:07 AM
i still have yet to find it in my town

You should be able to find it now, fellow Canadian. Got my copy today (they came in yesterday). Just about to pop this apparent "utter disappointment" in and play.

With all the complaining and bitching about this game, I have a feeling I'm going to dig it. :woop:

Spade103
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh god forbid that a POLISH game has a few spelling mistakes in english. I'm sure that a lot of english games that are translated into other languages have spelling mistakes too. I've also not seen any lag at all, not a single audio issue and all of my achievements are working fine. It's quite the good game for a $40 price tag.

Yann Le Pentrec
07-08-2010, 03:21 PM

The fact that you try and lecture me about grammar and then use the terms "second off" right through to "fifth off" is a bit rich. First off, you start with first off then move on to secondly, thirdly etc. Moron.

The fact that you read it as it took me 6 hours for one level is your problem. I was complaining that it took me six hours to complete a hard level. Which it did. The level on which I completed the game was hard, where's the problem there?

Lag means any slowing down of anything. Not just for online computer games. (simple English fact noob)

The audio went wrong more times than once or twice. But you assumed, again. Twat.

So I'm a terrible player because the game didn't pop the cheevo's when I hit them? Those two cheevos ARE GLITCHED YOU MORON. Look at other posts on the forum. Just because they're not glitched for you doesn't mean they aren't glitched for other players.

Stop flaming and go back to school retard.

guillermo316
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
i rented it then IGN gave it a 5.0 so i wont buy it, just rent it its the summer and i have nothing to play'z

Yann Le Pentrec
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh god forbid that a POLISH game has a few spelling mistakes in english. I'm sure that a lot of english games that are translated into other languages have spelling mistakes too. I've also not seen any lag at all, not a single audio issue and all of my achievements are working fine. It's quite the good game for a $40 price tag.

So what if it's POLISH? I'm paying for it, get it right.

Good for you if you haven't any issues, I did, deal with it.

This game is a dog.

Why are people defending it? Every review of the game says it's rubbish. Most people who have played it say it's rubbish. Face it, it's rubbish.

ZedChuva
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Reviews and other peoples opinions mean nothing to me. Halo 3 is the "godsend" of games, and I think it's garbage.

This game is... good. I have had the "lag" issues from time to time, but only when hitting check points. It controls decent, looks good and is different from the 1000 3rd person games I'm playing right now. I like a good FPS, and this will tide me over until MoH.

The one level is pissing me off tho, where you have to sneak into the base. Keep getting caught, gave up, will try again tonight.

EliteShadowMan
07-08-2010, 06:52 PM
The fact that you try and lecture me about grammar and then use the terms "second off" right through to "fifth off" is a bit rich. First off, you start with first off then move on to secondly, thirdly etc. Moron.

The fact that you read it as it took me 6 hours for one level is your problem. I was complaining that it took me six hours to complete a hard level. Which it did. The level on which I completed the game was hard, where's the problem there?

Lag means any slowing down of anything. Not just for online computer games. (simple English fact noob)

The audio went wrong more times than once or twice. But you assumed, again. Twat.

So I'm a terrible player because the game didn't pop the cheevo's when I hit them? Those two cheevos ARE GLITCHED YOU MORON. Look at other posts on the forum. Just because they're not glitched for you doesn't mean they aren't glitched for other players.

Stop flaming and go back to school retard.

your a troll, and your reasoning is fail. You have had 18 posts on this site and probably about 6-9 of them are bitching about "i bought a budget game that didn't fit my expectations! wah wah! i'm mentally retarded for thinking it would be the most amazing game ever when i knew it was budget title"

No one cares how much you rant and try to expose how "bad" the game is. From what i've seen/heard/played (just a small bit) it isn't "bad" its more mediocre than anything, so until you can distinguish that in your small pea-sized brain then maybe you can start talking about what the games really like. Also a game isn't always LAGGING you idiot learn your own words/grammar. Lagging is when your online and your internet connection starts acting up. Framerate is when your offline and everything is glitchy and shit. You obviously haven't played games long if you can't seem to get that through your head you little turd

In all honesty did you ever play a bad game? Vampire Rain, Beowulf, Black College Football, Leisure Suit Larry, etc.? then you have no way of knowing what this game is like compared to those garbage games that i just posted.

P.S. you actually listen to game reviews for your own opinion if a game sucks or not? this is why you will never be able to rate games on a honest level or be able to like a game until a review comes out, your an overrated gamer who just sits at home on IGN.com or waits for a Game Informer magazine and waits to see 9.0 - 10.0 on a game review and then you would go out and buy it anyway.

Yann Le Pentrec
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
your a troll, and your reasoning is fail. You have had 18 posts on this site and probably about 6-9 of them are bitching about "i bought a budget game that didn't fit my expectations! wah wah! i'm mentally retarded for thinking it would be the most amazing game ever when i knew it was budget title"

No one cares how much you rant and try to expose how "bad" the game is. From what i've seen/heard/played (just a small bit) it isn't "bad" its more mediocre than anything, so until you can distinguish that in your small pea-sized brain then maybe you can start talking about what the games really like. Also a game isn't always LAGGING you idiot learn your own words/grammar. Lagging is when your online and your internet connection starts acting up. Framerate is when your offline and everything is glitchy and shit. You obviously haven't played games long if you can't seem to get that through your head you little turd

In all honesty did you ever play a bad game? Vampire Rain, Beowulf, Black College Football, Leisure Suit Larry, etc.? then you have no way of knowing what this game is like compared to those garbage games that i just posted.

P.S. you actually listen to game reviews for your own opinion if a game sucks or not? this is why you will never be able to rate games on a honest level or be able to like a game until a review comes out, your an overrated gamer who just sits at home on IGN.com or waits for a Game Informer magazine and waits to see 9.0 - 10.0 on a game review and then you would go out and buy it anyway.

It would appear that you care as you keep replying.

Just because you use "lag" as a frame of reference for online gaming, doesn't mean that this is it's sole use, you prole.

You're right, I've only been playing games since the Atari 2600, what would I know about games. If you don't like what I'm saying on this post, then fuck off back to whatever retarded life you lead. This is a forum for expressing views and opnions of games. My view is this game is rubbish. You cannot change that view, though I'm sure you'll try, as you quite clearly have a very narrow view of the world and only like to see it from your perspective.

Well done you, you've played games a lot. Big fucking wup.

Trying to insult me by saying that I read a specific magazine or go to a specific website is proof that you're a fucking child. Grow up.

From your last post it sounds like you haven't even played the game. What are you doing commenting on it? What are you contributing to this discussion? Fuck all.

EliteShadowMan
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
It would appear that you care as you keep replying.

Just because you use "lag" as a frame of reference for online gaming, doesn't mean that this is it's sole use, you prole.

You're right, I've only been playing games since the Atari 2600, what would I know about games. If you don't like what I'm saying on this post, then fuck off back to whatever retarded life you lead. This is a forum for expressing views and opnions of games. My view is this game is rubbish. You cannot change that view, though I'm sure you'll try, as you quite clearly have a very narrow view of the world and only like to see it from your perspective.

Well done you, you've played games a lot. Big fucking wup.

Trying to insult me by saying that I read a specific magazine or go to a specific website is proof that you're a fucking child. Grow up.

From your last post it sounds like you haven't even played the game. What are you doing commenting on it? What are you contributing to this discussion? Fuck all.

I played the game at a friends house so i can clearly state my opinion on the game, you can't however cause your problems aren't plausible so therefore good day noob

Yann Le Pentrec
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I played the game at a friends house so i can clearly state my opinion on the game, you can't however cause your problems aren't plausible so therefore good day noob

Good comeback dipshit.

"Wahhhhhh, he doesn't agree with me mummy, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Child.

Spade103
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
OP is just butthurt because this isn't a Call of Duty clone. The game is good. The REVIEWERS are garbage. Yeah, this is a budget game, and for an unknown developer and an unknown IP, it's pretty damn good. The environments are BEAUTIFUL, gameplay is fun, and (for the most part) different from the run and gun crap you get these days.

Also, reviewers say Gears of War and Bioshock are great, but to me, they both play like crap, so who is right? The individual or the people telling the individual what to think?

Man, remember that whole fiasco with Jeff Gertsmann at GameSpot, getting fired because he gave a bad review of Kane & Lynch after the publisher spent money advertising on the website. After that crap happened, i lost all faith in reviews from these 'big media' sites. Their words aren't worth crap.

Anyway, if you hate the game so much, why are you posting about it on the internet and wasting all this time watching and replying to this thread?

Spade103
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Well i checked this guys last posts, and turns out all of them are COD related. Why am i not surprised? Is the OP upset because he cant run around guns-a-blazin, knifing everyone? Sad the game takes some patience?

EliteShadowMan
07-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Well i checked this guys last posts, and turns out all of them are COD related. Why am i not surprised? Is the OP upset because he cant run around guns-a-blazin, knifing everyone? Sad the game takes some patience?

Don't forget Halo related too.

The OP thinks hes just right about everything and doesn't realize the shit he complains about is just plain stupid and idiotic and the fact that everyone else here says the games average or a little bad, he will just flip out on them too.

Well to the point. I loved Sniper Elite on Original Xbox, and PC. So I honestly can't wait to get it. from what i played at my buddies house it seemed pretty damn good to be honest.

snipingheadshot
07-09-2010, 03:56 AM
This has turned into a bickering thread now. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and all reviews are formed from the OPINION of the person reviewing it. There are many games that are rated high, but I don't like at all and vice versa. I like this game, and like any game, it has problems.

Yann Le Pentrec
07-09-2010, 04:51 PM
OP is just butthurt because this isn't a Call of Duty clone. The game is good.

Yeah my butthurts coz this isn't like COD. Which it is BTW. The oil rig level is trying so hard to be COD.

This game doesn't do anything different to any other FPS. It just does it worse.

I like COD. Like most of the planet. I am now no longer going to post on this site as it is utterly pointless, when you get idiotic, nonsensical replies such as I have.

Fuck you rythym nation.

LanEvo
07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
If it makes you feel better, i think the explosive reaction against you was uncalled for. A simple opinion should never cause such an aggressive response.

I've been wandering here for quite a long time, never seen name calling and aggressive behaviour like that before.

Stick around, 360a is the better place to be when it comes to achievements.

BTW, i don't have the game, never played it, was reading opinions just to make an informed decision. Not going to get it. From what i've read, you are right when you say the general opinion is the game is bad and some achievements are glitchy.

I enjoy bad games eventually, and sometimes bad scores are an incentive. Like when i read on Onechanbara forums that despite the game being quite OK, Gamespot gave it 2.5, i bought it and turned out to be pretty good mindless fun, one of my favorite hack&slash on 360.

But this one doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

god_smack_er_69
07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
WOW that was interesting to say the least lol. Im not trying to start anything but in your post you made it sound like it took you 6 hours for one level not the whole campaign. OT: i really dont listen to reviews because most of the time they are completely wrong. As far as this game it wasn't the best game ever but it was totally worth the 40 dollars i paid for it brand new and i am still enjoying it. If anyone wants to boost online chieveos send me a FR.

Drifting Away
07-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Despite all the bad heat this game is getting, it seems like it might be good, as long as the controls aew not awkward, i am fairly interested.
Hopefully, any glitched achievements, whether glitched for one or for
all, get fixed.

On a side note, how are the controls? Good? Bad?
lololol

god_smack_er_69
07-18-2010, 06:22 PM
The controls are the same as most shooters.

JakeCourtney
07-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Trust me. I'm playing this game right now and I can say without a doubt that it's utter garbage. Playing this game on hard is like getting a root canal with the AI that instantly see you and shoot with 100% accuracy.

It's got sniping in the title of the game, but you'll hardly ever be sniping with all the random missions where you're running around with an M4. Is anyone seeing how inaccurate the non-sniper rifles are? It's insanely retarded.

This game should have stuck to missions like the opening one and it would have been okay, but it's got to try and be a cheap CoD clone.

Budget title or not I recognize a crappy game when I'm playing it. I guess we can thank them for putting these lovely online achievements into their game. I'd almost rather bathe with a toaster than have to grind out 2000 kills in in piece of crap.

2uniek
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I was also looking forward to playing this for some strange reason. I'm a fan of sniper games and the vid's shown seemed like good graphics. 2nd level and i'm done with it. In my opinion it is utter crap. What's the point being a sniper if the stealth is broken. They see you across the map even if your in a bush and shoot you in the face with a AK.

I'm not even going to suffer through it for achievements. Poor game.

Zombiedrd
07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
internet srz business

thepaxman
07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Well I've only just started playing this game, started on Hard and er, why are the guys with machine guns with no zooms on their scopes able to see and shoot at me when I am lying down in a bush, having moved from a shooting position?!

Also, after I cleared the first lot of guys before rappeling down I went to the next set of guys, creeped up behind one and so I went to throw a knife at his head, obviously taking my time because he didn't know I was there yet... miss! And of course somehow they all see me and I die straight away.

I'll persevere but I can tell this is going to be frustrating already!

thepaxman
07-21-2010, 10:23 PM
God the grappling hook is fucking shit. One time it just randomly disconnected from the tree and I fell all the way down, this last time I was 5ft off the ground and it did it again and I still died!

thepaxman
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
And now I've slipped into an inescapble puddle on the right side of the map.

And this is the first mission? Christ.

OVRthTOPnDNTstp
07-22-2010, 01:05 AM
I think the campaign is good but the online is pathetic. The radar is horrible and the ghillie sorts are insane with the camo. This was definitely a horrible buy for me.

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Not sure why people dislike this game that much; it is a sniper game - not a run and gun game. If you get spotted, your fucked. This makes it fun for me. COD games were too easy...even on realistic it takes like 5 bullets to put you down. I'm enjoying the nasty enemies. One shot, one kill.:uzi:

BR247
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I thought it was a fairly fun campaign with easy chieves. The MP sucks though.

thepaxman
07-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I played through on medium and it was a lot better, still quite tough but still, the enemies have this incredible eyesight which can see you lying in a bush a long way away. One second they are chatting away, the next they suddenly spot you and start shooting.

Other times, like on Dangerous Grounds you can crawl, crouch and even run right behind them!

Shnozzarooney
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
i think this game is good in every way. if ya dont like stop bitching we dont need to know you hated it.

Indoor_Bunk
08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I would like to say I love the game. I mean who cares about a couple little issues? No game is perfect even the high budget games. The graphics are great. Once I finally figured out what that red circle was for the shots were dead on. No I didn't have the achievement glitching problems, but maybe that update the other day fixed it. I don't know nor do I care. Again......Good game.

xWTHx xSHADOWx
08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Yeah my butthurts coz this isn't like COD. Which it is BTW. The oil rig level is trying so hard to be COD.

This game doesn't do anything different to any other FPS. It just does it worse.

I like COD. Like most of the planet. I am now no longer going to post on this site as it is utterly pointless, when you get idiotic, nonsensical replies such as I have.

Fuck you rythym nation.

Saying a game "is trying so hard to be COD", (which has used almost every FPS scenario possible in its past games)

COD is just to release its 7th FPS title and its sold millions of copies and is one of the most played games on XBL...... I frankly have no idea why a small games company would to roughly "copy" a level or two?!? If there was really any copyright breach don't you think IW or Treyarch would have noticed.

So if you actually thought for a second instead of swearing at half the users on this thread. You would see that your bitching isn't getting anywhere and nobody wins an arguement by swearing.

Sidenote - I Would give this game 6/10. Its a budget game with good concepts.

Killerchronic
10-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Had some sound problems that were mentioned when i was in the apc or whatever it was, gunning away and the sound wud just cut, didnt have to reload or anything though it just came bk and was fine :s

Other than the 2-3 levels where i was with an assualt rifle (love pretty much all fps's but this ones assualt style was bad) i loved this game, even to the point i was taking my time trying to get the bullet cam shots, though seems a headshot even in the same place doesnt always do one.

Each to their own i guess though, wasn't expecting a top notch title and i rented it.

batteredbrick
11-06-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm about half way though this game at the moment and i've had none of the above problems. pluss it isn't that bad, its easy and fast achievements. Like others have said it's a budget title and no game is perfect.