PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Gamerdude5448
07-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Just a quick question but what was your inspiration to get Gamerscore?

Mine is seeing a guy named Chinese Badger hit 10000 Gamerscore in Carcarasonne.

FRANKSEY
07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I just like to get the most out of my games...

p.s see in ur sig (xbox live something/something/03) didnt xbl come out 05?

KillerBEA
07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I actually dont know what exactly makes me want gamerscore or what pushes me to get it higher. I guess self satisfaction from having a high number. I am starting to get messages about my score especially after playing mp in which I did good and it says something to effect of being pro legit by being good at a game and having a high score. Its funny yet inspiring, plus all my friends cheer me on to be the first to cross 100k in our group.

p.s see in ur sig (xbox live something/something/03) didnt xbl come out 05?
He is talking about playing on live since the original xbox.

FRANKSEY
07-04-2010, 08:51 AM
He is talking about playing on live since the original xbox.
did original xbox have live?

KillerBEA
07-04-2010, 09:38 AM
did original xbox have live? Yes, it did. They recently cut support for it and shutdown the original xbox live servers.

wikipedia page on xbox live
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_live

ApochWeiss
07-04-2010, 10:13 AM
My inspiration is kicking my friend's asses in gamerscore totals and accumulation and watching them throw shit fits :D However, I'm slacking greatly as nothing has been appealing to me. I have a 14,000 point lead over one of them, but because I quit giving a damn on the score due to crap games giving me no motivation, he managed to hit 103k, breaking 100k before I did, which was my goal this year. Too bad, I'm less then 2k away from 100k...I think 1,200 some odd points from that milestone. Oh well.

Snowwwwy
07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I just like the high number gamerscore tbh. Isnt that inspiring enough? LOL.

Damage
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
No-one I know cares about GS, its only me and to me its about getting the most from my games. I have kinda chosen to 100% a game before I sell it, for some games like GoW it will never happen, so I will just keep it :)

I'm also kinda stuck as I have also chosen not to get anymore games till I get rid of some I have. It was also really cool when I played Red Faction:G on the free weekend and told by two team members 'Nice one noob', when I killed 3 guys with a long range dark-rifle thing (1st time playing it online, don't have gold). Made me think all online players are not 12 or dicks.

Vaynel
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
It was also really cool when I played Red Faction:G on the free weekend and told by two team members 'Nice one noob', when I killed 3 guys with a long range dark-rifle thing (1st time playing it online, don't have gold). Made me think all online players are not 12 or dicks.

The key to enjoying online matey, is to game with the people you know on the forums. Online ruins the experience on most occassions due to the idiots randoms.

As for what what pushes me on to complete games. Well its the self achievement for knowing you did it all yourself. Really enjoyed gaming so much more this gen, mostly because of the achievement system and the challenges/bonuses it brings with it.

andami
07-04-2010, 12:07 PM
At first, for me at least, it was getting the highest gamerscore out of everyone I know in real life. Since I've already achieved that goal, I don't really go for gamerscore anymore. Now it's all about the fun :D

balance13
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I just like to play the games..... Also its kinda like peoples post counts, the higher the number the better you are. :p

w449
07-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I normally just go crazy for game score at the end of the year. Like last year I was at like 8000 and I only had 20 days until the new year so I aimed to get to 10000 before the year was over... but it was kinda odd cos i don't care now until I'm very close to 20000. So its the hole end of year thing that does it for me.

crazy W01f 816
07-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Me, Myself, and I.:woop:

Starstrukk X360A
07-04-2010, 01:51 PM
No real inspiration, just the self worth.
And that little blip boop.

oDrPepper
07-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I enjoy it, and it's basically self pride. I don't mind giving up on a game if it's too frustrating, completion comes second to fun.

guillermo316
07-04-2010, 02:12 PM
My inspiration was that i like completing stuff and also my friend still has a higher gamerscore than me, but i swore never to play cheap game to raise my gamerscore and catch up to him, like the E3 video chat " My gamerscore is legit" that was stupid. insult to gamer.

KeepEmRolling
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Initially I was in a race with a friend of mine, plus i just like getting achievements, lol :)

Spanish Assault
07-04-2010, 02:17 PM
It just adds a reason for me to keep playing certain games. If you ask me it was a great idea from M$. This gets people playing games longer then they used too.

R Rated Love
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Also its kinda like peoples post counts, the higher the number the better you are. :p

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/post-count.jpg

I personally don't have much inspiration. I guess what first drove me is that I thought gamerscore was Microsoft Points, but after realizing that wasn't the case, pretty much any sense of "caring" I had in regards to gamerscore vanished. Fast forward 5+ years and here we are.

TsarBlandi
07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
not really anything, i use Gamerscore to make games last longer, i feel that if i was to play a game again i would like to get something from it and the achievements are a great reason

however once i started college (finished now) my friends had about 2 - 3k more than me so we kinda had a mini league going... until one of them use King Kong and Avatar in which i couldnt see the point nemore

Gamerdude5448
07-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Initially I was in a race with a friend of mine, plus i just like getting achievements, lol :)

When me and a friend hit 5000 2 years ago we started a race to see who could get the most like what you did too. He actually beat the the first 6 months of the race. Then I went on an achievement palooza. I went from 9000 to 24000 in about 3 months. He doesn't go for achievements anymore but he mantains a good number. As for me, I still get achievements just because I have nothing else to do.

Billy69
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM
When I see someone with 100,000GS It makes me want to get more achievements and someday get 100K

brokensaint82
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
My inspiration is just to play the game, i've had a 360 since 2006 and my gamerscore is low i know partly due to the fact that i very rarly get to play, and i was laid up in the hospital for a year or so due to a coma from a car wreck, nasty buisness those automobiles. But my inspiration is to have fun, i'm not a casual gamer in that i can put it down, i mean i went 3 days straight playing Fallout 3 stopping for food and bathroom breaks lol.