PDA

View Full Version : Reached another goal today.

lifeexpectancy
07-04-2010, 11:21 AM
So after hitting 100,000GS with 101 games and 100% completion I just kept on playing not really having a goal in mind.

This one kinda snuck up on me, but when I got close I realized it was doable so I looked for a game that could make it happen and that game was Amped 3.

I landed on exactly 5000 achievements won out of 5000 possible achievements including DLC tonight. 100%

I know this is kinda an OCD thing but that pretty much is the M.O. of a completionist.

Starstrukk X360A
07-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I find it amusing your title is about reaching a goal and your name is lifeexpentancy.

That's still pretty awesome though.

MikaelFenix
07-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Awsome man:)

oDrPepper
07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Congratulations. I don't have the dedication to do it, if an achievements too much stress it doesn't hurt for me to leave it. :p

KeepEmRolling
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Congratulations. I don't have the dedication to do it, if an achievements too much stress it doesn't hurt for me to leave it. :p

Same here....and wow...that's an incredible accomplishment, congratulations!! :woop:

kentarulez
07-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow, just looked through your played games on xbox.com.......nice going man.

Spanish Assault
07-04-2010, 02:14 PM
very impressive...I get too frustrated and don't play enough to do this.

I did notice no GOW, you are missing out on an amazing game series.

Kairi
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh wow- congratulations! Thats a huge accomplishment! ^_^

Infection Ftw
07-04-2010, 02:40 PM
You should sign up for the sites Leaderboards;)

VladimirK
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Nice work.

You cheated Lego Star Wars though :p:biglaugh
(Nitpicking at it's finest xD)

Going for gold

Collect all available Gold Bricks.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ys/iG/04CLiGJhbC81FQRsXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn-KnIeQ==.jpg
60 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Acquired 4/12/2008 10:45 AM12/04/2008

Mini Mayhem

Collect all mini-kits.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/18/Gn/0YCLiGJhbC82FQRsXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn-ojBzA==.jpg

Secret Master

Collect all available red bricks.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oy/U4/0ICLiGJhbC9NFQRsXFJRGEQ3L2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn-xcluA==.jpg

Spanish Assault
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Nice work.

how? I don't get it?

antnie
07-04-2010, 05:01 PM
how? I don't get it?
He got them all at the sam time.

DarkCreations
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow, congratulations man!

Like many others though i just don't have the dedication, but good for you :)

Spanish Assault
07-04-2010, 05:17 PM
He got them all at the sam time.
sorry i didn't really play Lego Star Wars, so I'm assuming you can't do that.

antnie
07-04-2010, 05:18 PM
sorry i didn't really play Lego Star Wars, so I'm assuming you can't do that.
I haven't played it either, but that is what my guess is.

VladimirK
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
how? I don't get it?

Pretty much all the Lego games have cheats that don't disable achievements, but I don't think these are in there.

He must have second profile glitched them, but this looks like a genuine accident since it's only those 3, I was more just messing a bit rather than accusing him of being on the same level as a gamesaver for example.

I know that me and my friend played it splitscreen, he was the host and I was controller 2, he dropped out and went to the toilet and I completed a mission whilst he was gone, a few just suddenly unlocked for me.
I can justify it since it was accidental and I did actually do the whole thing with him anyway. As long as it's accidental you'll be fine, it's not like all the achievements are unlocked together.
I'm just mentioning it now incase someone checks my tag and then accuses me of pulling him up whilst I've done it btw.

Just to clarify for OP, you don't have anything to worry about so long as you haven't intentionally done it just for the achievements.
The Lego games can easily screw up like that by accident.

Billy69
07-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Pretty much all the Lego games have cheats that don't disable achievements, but I don't think these are in there.

He must have second profile glitched them, but this looks like a genuine accident since it's only those 3, I was more just messing a bit rather than accusing him of being on the same level as a gamesaver for example.

I know that me and my friend played it splitscreen, he was the host and I was controller 2, he dropped out and went to the toilet and I completed a mission whilst he was gone, a few just suddenly unlocked for me.
I can justify it since it was accidental and I did actually do the whole thing with him anyway. As long as it's accidental you'll be fine, it's not like all the achievements are unlocked together.
I'm just mentioning it now incase someone checks my tag and then accuses me of pulling him up whilst I've done it btw.

Just to clarify for OP, you don't have anything to worry about so long as you haven't intentionally done it just for the achievements.
The Lego games can easily screw up like that by accident.

How did you get to find out the date and the time he acquired the achievement

VladimirK
07-04-2010, 05:47 PM
How did you get to find out the date and the time he acquired the achievement

Some Greasemonkey addon for Firefox.

I would link it, but I remember there was some strange disagreement about folk linking to it.
Suppose just Google, Greasemonkey Xbox time, or something like that.
(If there's an issue with me saying about Googling that then fair enough, I won't mention it again).

KroBar
07-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Nice work.

Wow, eagle eyed their Vlad. Anyway well done LifeExpectancy, oh and good job on Earth Defense Force, that's a long ass game, guess your Internet connection dropped just before you got the last achieve and while you were getting all those 1000s weapons and rounds achieves in PDZ.;) I'm only messing with you (I think), well done.

Z3R0 S1X
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I find it amusing your title is about reaching a goal and your name is lifeexpentancy.That's still pretty awesome though.
I'd call that irony actually and it is pretty cool. How many people on XBL can say they've done anything remotely like he has? Few if any can make that claim; he, like Stallion83, is in a class by himself.

TsarBlandi
07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
wow thats pretty nice, you see lots of tables and leaderboards of people with 100% where they have relativly low GS, but 138k, with 5000/5000 thats pretty god damn awesome

Aki2403
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice work.

iirc from getting those myself, they unlock at the end of the level, so it'd make sense.
final mini-kit in game he needs, final red brick, and the gold brick for completing the mini-kit for the level. :drunk

dertswa687o
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!

100k/100% is my goal as well. I just hope nothing screws it up!

I M1K3Y B I
07-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Well done, thats pretty impressive :)

Barad
07-04-2010, 09:40 PM
That is pretty kickass, congratz!

lifeexpectancy
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I did NOT cheat lego star wars. I know you didn't mean anything malicious with your post, but I take great offense because I absolutely despise cheaters/glitchers/gamesavers/modders. I earned all 3 achievements in the same level as I went level by level getting all the collectibles and only had one level left to unlock all three achievements. As said in another user's post, they unlock at the end of the level.

I challenge you to attempt the same thing to see that it's entirely possible and not only that, relatively likely if you're an OCD gamer like me and you methodically go through each level collecting everything.

At any rate, no I did not glitch those achievements.

As for Gears of War, I've played it. I just refuse to put it on my card because I despise devs making huge grindfest multiplayer achievements. I got stuck doing one on FEAR 2 because I didn't know about it. I don't avoid games based on achievements, I just avoid putting certain games on this particular profile as I have several tags on my xbox.

VladimirK
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I challenge you to attempt the same thing to see that it's entirely possible

Haha, I honestly couldn't give two shits.
I was just messing around, if you want to take offense at something I say, I don't care. I will never care.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c9/OCD_Deal_With_It.jpg

Enjoy your OCD though xD
(That one, ^, I couldn't resist :p)

wexnlex
07-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Wow that plugin seems awesome..I didn't know you could do that lol, DLing it now.

Oh yeah and grats!

lifeexpectancy
07-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Only really ocd about my gamerscore. The 45 at the end is driving me nuts atm. I know u don't care my only point was accusations like that shouldn't be made unless u know for a fact something on a tag is impossible, like multiple ranked achieves earned offline, etc. My gamerscore completion obsession is mild compared to most truly obsessive compulsive people. For them it's a debilitating condition.

Thx for all the positive comments. The one about comparing me to Stallion in a way was flattering but I know of another guy that hit 100k 100% recently. He had 127 games played at the time so I still take some pride in doing it with 101 games. The 100% completion club done without cheating with GS over 75k is small but growing fast. I've been at it on this tag 2.5 years myself. I really wanted 100%/100k/100games played but couldn't tweak my GS enough at the end so I wound up with one extra game. 200k 200games 100% will be my retirement point from active GS hunting. After that I'm cutting down on gaming to pursue other hobbies.

VladimirK
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Only really ocd about my gamerscore. The 45 at the end is driving me nuts atm. I know u don't care my only point was accusations like that shouldn't be made unless u know for a fact something on a tag is impossible, like multiple ranked achieves earned offline, etc. My gamerscore completion obsession is mild compared to most truly obsessive compulsive people. For them it's a debilitating condition.

It's called messing around, Jesusss. There were no malicious accusations.
I never meant anything by it, but this is irrelevant, like I said, don't care about you bitching because you can't see this.

It's the last point I'm replying to.
I know what these people are like, so don't talk to me like I don't when you're the one throwing the term, "OCD" around.
OCD is a properly powerful thing, people that don't have it say it, but they don't really know about it.

dertswa687o
07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
He had 127 games played at the time so I still take some pride in doing it with 101 games.

Just wondering, why does is matter so much how many games you've played? Some people play more arcade games and have a higher number because of that. All that shows is that you played more retail games (not that that's a bad thing).

PointPlaceWI
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Congrats man. I'm shooting for 100% at 100k myself. So far Mass Effect is really making me want to rethink that because I'm so tired of that game. :( I would love to find some way to hit 100k exactly with 100% but that is probably going to be next to impossible with games like Battlefield having a score of 1180. I'm sure you do based on your posts, but do you count DLCs toward your 100%?

lifeexpectancy
07-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I've been an RN for years. I know what ocd is and I also know there are degrees of it. My attitude and compulsion with my score is textbook, just on the milder end of the spectrum. A comparison would be autism, which is a spectrum as well and some people with mild versions are fully functional and work full time jobs while people with severe autism may be institutionalized. My use of ocd is perfectly appropriate if understood correctly. The fact that I litterally spend dozens of hours sometimes just to get the last achievemnet in a game, or in the case of FEAR 2 about 150 hours for one achievement, I consider it to be well qualified for a milder version of OCD. If I don't have a game completed I literally get anxious about it obsess over finishing it. It's beyond simply choosing to finish it. I feel like I HAVE to finish it or I won't be able to think of anything else.

At ant rate I've chosen not to go the route of cursing at you. I wish you would do the same. I did in fact make the observation that I didn't think you meant anything malicious but I still felt compelled to address the remark about lego sw simply because I take the subject of cheaters on xbox 360 very seriously and have reported dozens of gamertags of obvious cheats. To those of us that detest cheaters, any insinuation that we've done anything close to cheating is malicious to us even if it wasn't intended to be malicious. Most people don't even care about the GS cheaters on 360 so it's a subject taken lightly with them and comments like that seem innocuous. Some of us don't take it lightly, that's all. If you bothered to read this far though, cheers and good gaming to you.

To the others recent posters: Good luck with Mass Effect man. Try to finish it though because it's such a good game (imho) you'll be proud to have that 1k on your card.

The amount of games played matters (to me) because 100,000 gamerscore with 100 games and 100% looks so much better (to me once again) than 100,000 gamerscore with 101 games and 100% completion. That one just sticks out like a sore thumb and irritates me. Just as landing on 100,010 gamerscore instead of 100,000 would have bugged me. I chose specific games after about 94,000 gamerscore to make sure to "round off" my score to an even multiple of 1,000. Like I said it's driving me nuts to have the 45 at the end of my score and I'll be looking to correct it long before I land on 200,000gs. It's just an obsession thing. It doesn't REALLY matter to anyone but me probably.