PDA

View Full Version : Universal Media Remote AV Button?

w449
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry if this has come up in the forums before but I've looked on the net for the last 2hrs and can not find the answer.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change from TV to HMDI or any other AV setting using the Official Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote? This remote is driving me crazy!

Also just another with question. If I can not change from AV to TV then does anyone know how to unsync the remote? because my original remote to my TV has stopped working since I have synced the Universal Media Remote.

thirteentongimp
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Is there a guide anywhere on how to set the thing up? I can't find my manual and for some reason it stopped controling the volume on my TV recently.

w449
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Well the manual only tells you how to sync the remote to your TV. Witch I've done.

But the remote has no AV button. I have no idea why there is no AV button because if you have one of these remotes how to you change from TV to your Xbox?

You can find the PDF manual here:
http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/na-uniremote.pdf

thirteentongimp
07-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Well the manual only tells you how to sync the remote to your TV. Witch I've done.

But the remote has no AV button. I have no idea why there is no AV button because if you have one of these remotes how to you change from TV to your Xbox?

You can find the PDF manual here:
http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/na-uniremote.pdf

Thanks for that link...it has the setup info I needed. Sorry I don't know that answer to your question, though.

w449
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for that link...it has the setup info I needed. Sorry I don't know that answer to your question, though.

So you don't use the remote to change from the TV channels to your HDMI Xbox Channel?

Damage
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Either use the channel up and down to scroll down, its just before channel 1 along with the ext channels or use your TV remote to set it on that channel first. I only use the remote for the xbox itself not for the TV.

EDIT - scrolling down through the channels works fine for me! HDMI channels, AV, EXT they are all there.

Jethrow
07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
holy shit somebody else who is having the same issue. I've purchased and returned so many different remotes because i need one to change to the A/V inputs. I can't find one anywhere, and it was for a newer JVC tv. I ended up just using a rf modulator for that tv. Good luck