PDA

View Full Version : My First 100%!!!

Gash_Tapper
07-04-2010, 06:04 PM
So I finally finished this Fallout 3 this morning to accomplish my very first 100%!

Thank you to all of you who have made such good guides and walk-throughs on this site for helping me get it done.

I can not wait till New Vegas.

devontebrown276
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
me neither, its gonna be so sick

mmartynn
07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
new vegas achievement list isnt going to be as easier apparently.
they have annouced two achievements so far, one for beating it on hardcore and the other is for killing everyone in the game.
im trying to convince the gamestation near me to get the LE edition in and when it comes to october, either open at midnight or sell it me early :P

guillermo316
07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
cant wait for vegas too, but i will get 100% on that too even if it mean taking care of my caharcter more them myself

Ozbaab
07-05-2010, 03:11 PM
and the other is for killing everyone in the game.

Say what? D:
I wonder what means by this. Can't be like Fallout 3 then as it's infinite mobs always spawning..

esio gk
07-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Say what? D:
I wonder what means by this. Can't be like Fallout 3 then as it's infinite mobs always spawning.. I don't know where information abut this achievement is from, but I would imagine it is about killing all unique, named NPC's.

mmartynn
07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
its from one of the demo videos from E3. chris sawyer mentions that all but one NPC can be killed in the game and there will be an achievement for doing so.

Mikey1
07-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Fallout 3 and considering that the price for it is extremely low at $20, is it worth buying?

McGoogles
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Fallout 3 and considering that the price for it is extremely low at $20, is it worth buying?

It is definitely worth buying, but I highly recommend that you get the Game of the Year Edition for it instead. It comes with all of the DLC and the game disc for the extremely low price of $40.

Jakethemuss
07-05-2010, 09:56 PM
It is definitely worth buying, but I highly recommend that you get the Game of the Year Edition for it instead. It comes with all of the DLC and the game disc for the extremely low price of $40.

GOTY is definetly the way to go, the 5 DLCs increase the possible GS by over 50% and all add to the general game in a good way, either by increasing karma levels, giving you new weapons armour, or just providing hours of wicked entertainment.

Fallout 3 is just such a brilliant game to fully 100%

illegalSAUCE
07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Congrats OP! Yeah, this game was A LOT of fun. I have invested nearly 300 hours in this game since it came out and I am STILL playing it. I am currently finishing up the mothership zeta cheevo's

I also heard that with New Vegas, sleep deprivation will affect your character! That should put a interesting twist to it...

Blah 2k
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Congrats. Hopefully the first of many for you.

Mikey1
07-08-2010, 04:34 AM
I actually bought the game today, the regular edition though. Even though I started playing it, could I still get te Game of the Year disc from my friend and install it?

GotY edition was $60, btw.

McGoogles
07-08-2010, 04:42 AM
I actually bought the game today, the regular edition though. Even though I started playing it, could I still get te Game of the Year disc from my friend and install it?

GotY edition was $60, btw.

You can use the GotY edition disc as many times as you want. It's a separate disc that you install into your harddrive.

Mikey1
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
You can use the GotY edition disc as many times as you want. It's a separate disc that you install into your harddrive.
Oh, alright, thanks. Also, another quick question, when u reach a level, such as 8, and there's an achievement for reaching it with good or bad karma, how is it possible to receive both achievements? O_o

Pixo
07-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Oh, alright, thanks. Also, another quick question, when u reach a level, such as 8, and there's an achievement for reaching it with good or bad karma, how is it possible to receive both achievements? O_o
You can either start a new file and get bad karma or just load a save file before you got lvl 8 and get bad karma there.

USSwisconsin64
07-09-2010, 02:16 AM
My first one is Call of Duty 2. it was really annyoing to get all of them.

Mikey1
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
You can either start a new file and get bad karma or just load a save file before you got lvl 8 and get bad karma there.
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Have you done it like that?

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Have you done it like that?

I did that. Very simple. Level 7 I believe is your first one. Simply save at Megaton before finishing a mission. If your a good karma build, kill enough to get neutral, then bad. Same til the level 30. Level 30 simply pick the perk that changes you to whatever karma you want. It will give you the achievement. My advice try to stay Good the whole game. Makes these achievements alot easier.

And about that achievement about killing everybody... GOOD LORD! If its even the same size as Fallout 3 this is going to take forever!!!! But knowing Bethesda its almost defiantly going to be bigger. I just hope they don't give you this chieve and one for having good karma the whole game. Simply be impossible in one run. Unless they give you something like the bandana in Red Dead Redemption. And I doubt Hardcore mode is going to be anything slightly easier than INSANE. Im kinda scared about that one... :eek:

Seperatist98
07-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Hardcore is gonna be sweet!

BuzzerBeater911
07-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Damn them! I hate difficulty achievements, especially in an RPG! RPG's are meant to be played the way you want, and if you have to play on a certain difficulty it ruins that.:mad:

max29297
07-15-2010, 03:36 AM
Good job! Vegas will be fun. I'm working on this game for my first 100% as well.

Jkaboose94
07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
if vegas is nearly as good as fallout 3 then I'm willing to put in the multiple playthroughs and the extreme time to get 100%.... but then there will probabably be a ton of DLC!

Jon Wood 88
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
One of the best games i have ever played! Despite the non-stop length of DLC Mothership Zeta i loved every minute of the game, so glad i 100% completed this game!!
I now cannot wait for New Vegas!

tehapoc
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Damn them! I hate difficulty achievements, especially in an RPG! RPG's are meant to be played the way you want, and if you have to play on a certain difficulty it ruins that.:mad:

Still isn't too bad. Not like there were extremely hard parts in Fallout 3.

SoulFlame555
08-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Ok, you just got me REexcited for New Vegas. Killing everything eh? That's a big CAN DO!