PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for Scientist in Multi

joab777
07-05-2010, 07:05 AM
I do fine with every class but him. Unfortunately they designed it so you get no xp except for killing people, which is fine for me with every class but this one. Does anyone have any tips

mickjsg
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately they designed it so you get no xp except for killing people, which is fine for me with every class but this one. Does anyone have any tips

What are you talking about? :confused:

The Scientist is ace in Conquest since it's able to fly from objective to objective, rather than being tied to the ground.
It's the only class I have maxed out so far, with XP from kills that would have taken forever.

Now that I'm able to use all the perks, I use:

Sentry Turret
Improved Drain
Reduced Ability Recharge.

joab777
07-05-2010, 08:51 AM
First off, thanx, but I am not talking about conquest or power struggle. I got mvp achievement using him and I am always 1st or 2nd because of him but it does not translate into xp unless you kill people, atleast in my experience. I use drain and shockwave which does help. I was just starting a thread to gather some ideas for using the scientist and I welcome them all. I am just not liking getting destroyed so easily and often. I feel as though I am made of paper. If anyone wants to share tactics that they have discovered, it would help many ppl.

I fly in, use drain as long as I can and then shockwave. I try to finish with my assault rifle, but it is really rough going...

mickjsg
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Fair enough, but the XP you get in Conquest (captures, defending plus kills & challenges) can really add up.

MADasaHatter
07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
It's conquest that the scientist really puts in work. Rush into 'B' at the start of the round ....

pshhh

But I guess you're aiming for kills. Honestly, I can take out several people at once with the Sci but you HAVE to keep on moving. Hit and run, make yourself a harder target. It's all about distance, right? All classes are based on it.
The Sci is medium to long so start off long, pegging with the triple burst. People will charge you to close the distance. The most you allow them is medium and that's when you take Starscream's approach and "FALL BACK!!!" Always attack from behind and use the drain + healing grenade and don't face a leader with warcry.

Blah. I'm supposed to be putting together an MP guide to show stuff like this better and I haven't. I'll try to start in the next week.

absolutehell
07-05-2010, 11:11 AM
If you're going for kills, the scientist can be just as big of a beast as any other classes. The pulse rifle is great like mentioned for mid to long range. Aim for the head, and just about anybody will go down in a few shots. The other way, which many scientists do as it nets more points, is play like a scout. You either (starting in jet form is very effective)get behind people, or charge right in with an emp shotgun, take a few shots, and then use shockwave if they are still alive.

While drain is a great ability, I would probably pick shockwave and disguise over it. Disguise gives you a quick damage boost, and as long as you are not stupidly obvious, you should get the jump on just about anybody.

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Scientist: SHock wave, turrent, Conquest easy!!!

for some odd reason i have more problems leveing the soldier

McDurbin
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't personally use this tactic because I feel its cheap but I've seen people as a scientist will fly behind you, then use shockwave and then either melee you or shoot you with the shotgun. It's an instant kill everytime.

You have to really pick your battles, play conquest and let your team mates run into the capture point first and then hit your team mates and the enemies with the repair ray gun and throw your turret down. Thats what I do and I usually go positive in kills.

seven43861
07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm having a hard time getting used to scientist as well, I maxed recon and scientist is next, but I feel weaker for some reason.

McDurbin
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
It's because you are. Solider has 6 bars of health, leader has 5, scout has 4, and the scientist only has 3 bars of health.

Jefferrz
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Scientist pretty much rules in conquest you can get to places quick. One of me face classes

v0lum3
07-06-2010, 05:18 AM
All my scientist tips are in the scientist post in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241952

Flibbity Floid
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Everyone adapts differently to each class and each class is designed for multiple uses. At first, you're best off using the Scientist as a medic. Keeping your team alive is just as important as blazing off kills. You can get beastly xp using the health ray and health grenades (they weaken opposing team). The scientist is the first I got really used to. They have amazing defense capabilities with turrets and drain and they're just as useful as scouts in the opposing sense. My favorite thing to do, regardless its semi-kamikazee, is copycat the other team (awesome perk), have shockwave ready and just boom into a Node (Conquest/Power Struggle) drop a grenade and explode. I get 3 Kill Streaks more than half the time.

If you want to get cheesy like all the 13 year olds, abuse your Leader class with its Warcry, Missle Launcher and Thermite mine combo. That's how i had to get my MVP achievement on Deathmatch b/c all the squeaky voiced prepubecants chees like all hell. Or the Scout cloak and slap. Overrated. I like to experiment and actually adapt. Not get cheap all the time.

bawrash
07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
If you want kills you can do it this way but u will make no friends.
Use machine gun turret. Put on any abilities for turret and shockwave.
Now there are a few variations
Fly in transform, turret then health grenade the turret and fly out and shoot from a distance. You may add in shockwave for a quicker kill.
Or fly in transform, turret, melee, shockwave. You shouldn't need to shoot unless there are multiple enemies.
You can vary these a bit. I know they work coz i've had it done to me often enough. I dont like this as its cowardly and if you do it to me i'll spam u with it the rest of the match.

blam kapow :uzi: