PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice from a wise sage!

ListlessDonkey
07-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently living in Japan and it's been 4 months since I played my Xbox. I'm seriously missing it and wondering what I should do.

My gamertag is currently situated on my UK Xbox and my Xbox live subscription was cancelled last week. Today I went to den den town in Osaka and I was nearly taken by the urge to just buy a new slim Xbox and all the games I've missed over the last 4 months.

However, I have a few questions which I'm hoping you guys could help clear up.

1) Could I use my UK made Gamertag in Japan on a Japanese Xbox?
2)If 1 is possible, would DLC I have paid for be available to me still?
3) Would the games be likely to have some menus translated into English?
4) Could my save data be moved from one console to the other over the internet?
5) Is the new Xbox worth it?

The only other problem is finding the time to play it. I'm busy as hell but the lack of gaming in my life is really getting to me; it's always been my release from the stress of daily life. Soooo many amazing games have come out and I keep having dreams about playing Fallout. My Ipod Touch just doesn't pack enough umpf!

TVthePunisher
07-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently living in Japan and it's been 4 months since I played my Xbox. I'm seriously missing it and wondering what I should do.

My gamertag is currently situated on my UK Xbox and my Xbox live subscription was cancelled last week. Today I went to den den town in Osaka and I was nearly taken by the urge to just buy a new slim Xbox and all the games I've missed over the last 4 months.

However, I have a few questions which I'm hoping you guys could help clear up.

1) Could I use my UK made Gamertag in Japan on a Japanese Xbox?
2)If 1 is possible, would DLC I have paid for be available to me still?
3) Would the games be likely to have some menus translated into English?
4) Could my save data be moved from one console to the other over the internet?
5) Is the new Xbox worth it?

The only other problem is finding the time to play it. I'm busy as hell but the lack of gaming in my life is really getting to me; it's always been my release from the stress of daily life. Soooo many amazing games have come out and I keep having dreams about playing Fallout. My Ipod Touch just doesn't pack enough umpf!

I was having trouble concentrating due to that avatar picture...I kept picturing that girl saying this stuff and I was just kinda...off in a world of purity. What? I like Japanese girls o.o

Then again I don't know your sex ;>_> you could be male...that could just be a picture I've seen before somewhere else...and I'm married! Bad TV!

Anyways, let's see here...

1.) Considering we can use US, Canadian, UK, and Japanese accounts on an AMERICAN, US region console and on UK region consoles..I see no reason it shouldn't work bothways for you on a Japanese slim.
2.) The DLC you paid for may still be available to you, you'd just have to do the license transfer on the new xbox (especially if you want to run the DLC offline).
3.) Some menues are in english, at least from what I've seen of using my Japanese account. With that said, my US console displayed Japanese letters just fine all around the Marketplace and Menu. Then most definately your Xbox will display English letters just fine =D
4.) I do not know this answer.
5.) I believe it would be, then again I just broke my controller (SON OF A BITCH) and my Xbox has a disc drive error (it's a white model), so I'd like a new one. I say, yes...buy it. Big HDD, ready for Kinect (whoo?), sexy and it's got a fail-safe installed (well, fail-safe's are NEVER 100 percent safe...amirite?).

Kamakazi Pear
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
To answer number 4, no, you can't transfer your old saves to your new xbox unless you have your old HD.

And the poster above pretty much summed everything else up.

Sabrelord
07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
1) I'm pretty sure you can, considering all the people with multi region GS on their GTs
2)Again pretty sure, since it'S tied to the GT and Console
3)I think game menus depend on the languages on the Disc usualy, so you gotta check if the game got multiple languages. You can set your console to pretty much any language you want, i know halo3 supports console languages for menus, but i don't know if it's a common feature.
4)Not remotely, maybe there is a way to have a friend send it to you...dunno if you could read an USB-MU on PC somehow.
5) As far as i read/heard so far, yes it is. I'll replace my elite with a slim, when i see a nice bundle sometime. The silence is reson enough for me, and it's looking nice.

One thing i find stupid is....weird i know.... again 1 piano black and one flat black console >.<
I want both shiny god damn it =(

e:
lol....that was slow xD

Then again I don't know your sex ;>_> you could be male...that could just be a picture I've seen before somewhere else...and I'm married! Bad TV!

lol
I'm sure your right =P
And who could blame you that you've seen that on TV xD

I gotta admit that it's quite distracting o.o ...and probably not allowed here. Not sure.

ListlessDonkey
07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys, very helpful.

I have another question:

Will UK games work on a JP xbox and vice versa. I don't really want to buy all the games I already own again so If possible I could get my family to send me some over. If they won't work however it means I'll have to buy many of the classics again.

It's really difficult to know what to do as 30,000 Yen is a fair bit of my monthly salary.

But the new Monster Hunter looks great fun.

EDIT: This is an old picture and I'm not even sure if she's Japanese. It's a .gif so she wiggles from side to side; it's pretty awesome.

DOOKH8R
07-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys, very helpful.

I have another question:

Will UK games work on a JP xbox and vice versa. I don't really want to buy all the games I already own again so If possible I could get my family to send me some over. If they won't work however it means I'll have to buy many of the classics again.

It's really difficult to know what to do as 30,000 Yen is a fair bit of my monthly salary.

No, all but a hand few of UK games are PAL and Japanese are NTSC-J. To wit, the games are region locked and will not play on a console from another region.

Your Avatar is quite, um, distracting.

ListlessDonkey
07-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Ok, thanks for explaining that to me.

Distracting in a good way! :woop:

DOOKH8R
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Ok, thanks for explaining that to me.

Distracting in a good way! :woop:

No prob.

Did you take that pic?

EmporerDragon
07-06-2010, 07:07 AM
\
Did you take that pic?

Not likely, it's been floating around the internet for some time now. Here's the full version:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/705/reonkadenaunderboobdanc.gif