PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Loading Times..

Barad
07-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Why have they still not fixed this? went on it yesterday first time in 2 weeks, actually got grouped with 11 others in stead of 3 :/ game went on to disconnet as expected (must have been some glitch). Apart from that, other normal cooperative mission games I've joined never end up loading the actuel game! How am I suppose to play this?

Yuitsu
07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Sometimes you'll luck out and it will work..

Mine gets stuck on The River.

Advanced Co-op seems to load fine though...but I want to do basic co-op for the challenges I need to finish up. Grr.

I'll do an uninstall and reinstall of the DLC in the morning, see if it sorts it. It really needs patching.

II CATO II
07-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Tried to do some regular co-op this evening.........instead of infinite loading screens for the River I got dropped into a gang match.

Those fellas at R* sure are full of surprises! :mad:

Chillar Penguin
07-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Same either i get put in a group with 15 others and nothing loads or it shows the river loading screen and never works

Barad
07-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Ahh ok glad I'm not the only one then, seems like The River seems to get the most problems.

TirelessFiver
07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah I was stuck on the loading screen for the River for about 20 minutes in total last night. Pretty ridiculous that this DLC doesn't work yet. Even if it is free...

ronwall173
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
My experience with co-op is that only being at most four players, the system doesn't know how to break up larger groups. I couldn't get on for hours or the mission wouldn't load when we said ready to play. I finally found a group after many tries and was able to complete the basic co-ops. I just kept going out and back into the game and that's when I was able to play.

Barad
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Could be the case, I have noticed the overwhelming amount of players on this.

Harry Lloyd
07-10-2010, 07:57 PM
No problems in private free roam, played a lot with a friend today.

But no can do in a public game. I'm sick of this, not a single game is released without any problems. Fail.

Kill Jim 16
07-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Had the same prob as well but hav found a solution.

when your on dash go to system settings, then memory, find red dead file and delete the dlc only, its only 12 mb, then re-download it and away u go.

No more loading screens! This solution is stated in the normal thread as well.

Dany1981Mtl
07-11-2010, 12:12 AM
2 solutions I found and worked so far (I am 100% done with co-op, only the level 50 achievement is left then i am done with this game (for now).

1) Play the co-op (both advanced and regular) in a private free roam with friends (hope you have some friends :D). No more infinite loading times, glitches, etc. 100% working solution all the time. The public free roam seems to be glitchy/messed up when we play co-op from there, normal challenges, hideouts, gang matches, etc. are fine)

2) If you really want to play co-op with random people, then do this. From the main menu, choose Single player, when your save is loaded, pause the game, choose multiplayer, then public free roam game. When you are in the free roam, press the back button then choose co-op (regular or advance). The problems should be gone. Do not choose Xbox Live Multiplayer from the main menu (With the X button).

Harry Lloyd
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Nothing you said helps. I redownloaded the DLC, and I start the game in SP and then go to MP. Still infinite loading, and it ususally chooses The River for some reason. I can't imagine why we can't choose the mission we want, this is simply moronic. New game usually means improvement, and there are so many things that are worse than in GTA IV.

I need a loooong brake from gaming, every game these days makes me want to kill myself, and that's just not right. I think I'll try to RRoD my console, RMA it, maybe I'll get a new one, sell it, and buy a slim in a few months.

Dany1981Mtl
07-11-2010, 04:17 PM
what about removing the game update too (by clearing the cache) and the DLC at the same time, then reinstall both?

Nothing you said helps. I redownloaded the DLC, and I start the game in SP and then go to MP. Still infinite loading, and it ususally chooses The River for some reason. I can't imagine why we can't choose the mission we want, this is simply moronic. New game usually means improvement, and there are so many things that are worse than in GTA IV.

I need a loooong brake from gaming, every game these days makes me want to kill myself, and that's just not right. I think I'll try to RRoD my console, RMA it, maybe I'll get a new one, sell it, and buy a slim in a few months.

Barad
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I swear theres no difference weather you choose multiplayer from the main menu or the singleplayer pause..

Rich1012007
07-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah happened to me too today. Rockstar need to fix this ASAP

GTAmissions1
07-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I already cleared my cache and redownloaded the DLC and it keeps freezing on The River. Where is Title Update 3 because the last two updates caused my game to lock up in single player.

Barad
07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Well luckly for me I finally completed the DLC so I never have to deal with this infinite loading crap again!

TFU
07-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Anybody else get dropped into a game with 10+ other people? We were playing The Escape with almost 15 people. It was pretty ridiculous.