PDA

View Full Version : About the new 360.

SilentDeadSea
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm curious since I've had an original which i had skins/faceplates for and was thinking will the new system will have some of its own or will old ones also be of use? I'm doubting i could use my old ones but that would have been nice. Anyone know about that or other things I could keep in mind about the new system?

ferrari360max
07-05-2010, 08:47 PM
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-20008451-10391702.html

Second result from google.

Lrn2search

crazy W01f 816
07-05-2010, 08:58 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/9-things-you-may-actually-hate-about-the-new-xbox-360-s/a-2010062216557209022

Keep all of the above in mind if you're going to buy the new Xbox 360 Slim. Personally, after reading this article I won't be buying it anytime soon, if ever.

TheVoidRose
07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Glossy surface is nasty, removable faceplate is useless(a.k.a PC gamers putting lights in their PC), HDD is not a biggy either, but the Memory card thing! How could you microsoft, deny your own products.

Sidereal
07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/9-things-you-may-actually-hate-about-the-new-xbox-360-s/a-2010062216557209022

Keep all of the above in mind if you're going to buy the new Xbox 360 Slim. Personally, after reading this article I won't be buying it anytime soon, if ever.

After reading that list, I can safely say that absolutely none of those things are an issue for me.

It still ships with a composite video cable - I already have an HDMI cable, so no problem there.

The faceplate is not removable - Never removed my faceplate, never will.

There is absolutely no way to connect your memory card - Never used a memory card. Have a hard drive, never need to take it anywhere.

The pack-in controller requires AA batteries - If usage of batteries REALLY deters you from buying a console, then I feel sorry for you. It's a good point, but still a non issue. Rechargeable batteries are fairly cheap and work just as well.

The new hard drive is not portable - Yes it is. That was clearly just nitpicking, and bullshit at that. So you have to open a panel and take it out. Doesn't make it any less portable.

The new hard drive is proprietary - I admit that it would have been nice for Microsoft to allow us the same freedom of storage upgrading as the PS3 does, but again, 250 is more than enough for me, so still not a problem.

The power supply has been changed - Uh.. So what? Really not that big of a deal, even considering that people lug around their consoles.

It doesn't stay shiny for long - Not a problem, since I don't manhandle my system on a regular basis. I understand the point of view from those who carry their systems around, but doesn't really seem that big of a problem to me.

It's "Kinect ready" - This is a good thing. So the older models don't have the custom port. Big deal. It doesn't mean anything other than that older models will have an extra cord to plug in. The power adapter comes with Kinect so all 360s are technically "Kinect ready".

In any case, I understand their points of view, I just think that list has a lot more bitching than actual reasons of not buying one. Most of those points aren't even flaws in the system.

Oddly enough, I want the 360 S more than ever. The more I see it, the more I like it. It'll go perfectly with my original PS3 and my Wii, both of which are glossy black.

Corrupt.
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
After reading this link I too am unchanged, simply because my xbox works fine as it is :)

SilentDeadSea
07-05-2010, 09:37 PM
After reading that list, I can safely say that absolutely none of those things are an issue for me.

It still ships with a composite video cable - I already have an HDMI cable, so no problem there.

There is absolutely no way to connect your memory card - Never used a memory card. Have a hard drive, never need to take it anywhere.

The pack-in controller requires AA batteries - If usage of batteries REALLY deters you from buying a console, then I feel sorry for you. It's a good point, but still a non issue. Rechargeable batteries are fairly cheap and work just as well.

The new hard drive is not portable - Yes it is. That was clearly just nitpicking, and bullshit at that. So you have to open a panel and take it out. Doesn't make it any less portable.

The new hard drive is proprietary - I admit that it would have been nice for Microsoft to allow us the same freedom of storage upgrading as the PS3 does, but again, 250 is more than enough for me, so still not a problem.

The power supply has been changed - Uh.. So what? Really not that big of a deal, even considering that people lug around their consoles.

It doesn't stay shiny for long - Not a problem, since I don't manhandle my system on a regular basis. I understand the point of view from those who carry their systems around, but doesn't really seem that big of a problem to me.

It's "Kinect ready" - This is a good thing. So the older models don't have the custom port. Big deal. It doesn't mean anything other than that older models will have an extra cord to plug in. The power adapter comes with Kinect so all 360s are technically "Kinect ready".

In any case, I understand their points of view, I just think that list has a lot more bitching than actual reasons of not buying one. Most of those points aren't even flaws in the system.

Oddly enough, I want the 360 S more than ever. The more I see it, the more I like it. It'll go perfectly with my original PS3 and my Wii, both of which are glossy black.

I have to say I think i agree with you there. I sat down with a few gaming friends and thought that if i compared the original 360 to the new system that in ways the new one is at the same or rather old price but more cost effect in terms of harddrive and the built in. My old system lacked a harddrive anyway so getting this new one kinda helps me out a bit which is why i was so unsure about the system itself. I thought it was a nice improvement. And what was said above earlier about the memory card gone I think thats fine since they made it so you can use USBs.

Naffry
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Well said mate :)

the_flood502
07-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm gerrin' it... hope it's quieter than the old one... since... playing at 4am tends to wake the 'rents up :/