PDA

View Full Version : Gamertag on USB problems

wilson1874
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Since I put my GT on USB, Sometimes my Avatar, Achievements, or Games etc will not load up or show?! Mostly happens when I sign in or load up a game? I dunno why it's doing this but really annoying! :( I tried moving the GT back to my HDD but still no use?! I really love it on USB though cause I always take it to a friends...

Snowwwwy
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
You should have just left it on the HDD. I dont toy around with my saved data, stuff that for a joke lol.

striingz
07-06-2010, 01:04 AM
thats good to know, i dont really trust the whole 'transferring to a USB' thing.. i'd rather just recover the GT or just use the hard drive itself.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/striingz.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/striingz)

The Dukenator
07-06-2010, 02:29 AM
Is your USB drive capable of running at the 360 recommended performance?

DOOKH8R
07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
I keep my profile on 360 Memory Unit and switch it from console to console, frequently.
Never had a problem. Guess that wont work with new slim 360s, but does for all others

Kaiyo
07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Well I have no problems with my GT on my USB drive.
Although I have my save files on my 250GB HDD.

Crimson Son88
07-06-2010, 03:44 AM
I have all of my saves and my gamertag on my usb and have never had a problem.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-06-2010, 03:55 AM
I heard of data getting corrupted or not associating saves with the GT....I just recently threw all my save data on a flash drive because im getting the slim and im not paying 20 for a cable

so knock on wood that nothing bad happens

TheVoidRose
07-06-2010, 06:23 AM
I heard of data getting corrupted or not associating saves with the GT....I just recently threw all my save data on a flash drive because im getting the slim and im not paying 20 for a cable

Transfer everything one at a time, and always move slowly as to not shake the file up in your USB. :woop:

VisionsOfDemise
07-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Transfer everything one at a time, and always move slowly as to not shake the file up in your USB. :woop:

I hope that was a bad attempt at trolling. Srsly.

master_shake_350
07-06-2010, 07:27 AM
I keep my profile on 360 Memory Unit and switch it from console to console, frequently.
Never had a problem. Guess that wont work with new slim 360s, but does for all others

Same. I keep mine on a Memory Unit and have done for the past year. My gf use the USB stick for her profile and she has yet to run into a problem. Your USB must be funky!

TheVoidRose
07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope that was a bad attempt at trolling. Srsly.

Why does everything have to be trolling now, can't I just make a simple joke? :uzi:

TakahashiDemon
07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I've done it a lot of times just to transfer saves from my old harddrive, it does have some errors with the avatar, but anytime I go to get saves onto the pen it works out fine.

I tried moving the GT back to my HDD but still no use?!

Sure your pendrive is 100% compatible with Xbox? it might not be a good idea to do this often just incase you mess data and stuff up and your account becomes corrupted, the only other thing you can do is try restoring your account if you can't get it off the pen.

mmartynn
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM

ive done the same and a few game corrupt on me (red dead's multiplayer being one of them) what you need to do it kinda select a few single player games that dont require DLC and just play them. sure itll get boring. but would u rather play the same few games over and over or lose your save and have to start over?

Since I put my GT on USB, Sometimes my Avatar, Achievements, or Games etc will not load up or show?! Mostly happens when I sign in or load up a game? I dunno why it's doing this but really annoying! :( I tried moving the GT back to my HDD but still no use?! I really love it on USB though cause I always take it to a friends...

i have the same problem, being as none of my friends or family have the issue, i personally think its down to how much data you have on your account.. i think it seems to struggle loading it all up at once. i usually have to restart my xbox when it happens and it fixes it.

SoulSatchel7
02-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Mine does this too. I got a cheapo Rocketdog 4GB drive to take my gamertag and some game saves to friends' places. I used to use a memory card, but the stupid new slims don't take them.

Xbox says my USB drive meets its performance requirements, but it fails to see my data after I put it on it and use it a couple times. Sometimes I can get my data back by taking it out and putting it back in, sometimes it takes a reboot, but other times it just loses my data. So many hours of Borderlands and nothing to show for it anymore! :(

At least I can still recover my gamertag.

Worhammer
02-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Your GT sounds like it's corrupted. No big issue, just delete it and recover it (this time recover it directly to the USB). Your save files should be fine, as it's probably just this download of your GT that is corrupted.

Happened to me awhile back, just deleted my GT and recovered it back to the USB. No problems since, no lost save data.

GamingDude
02-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Well the thing is That sometimes when you take the USB out of the xbox while its still turned on, the GT corrupts. It's happened to me multiple times and All i had to do was delete and recover my profile

StillTIPPIN187
02-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Mine stays on a USB.

I don't have any problems loading achievements when I boot up a game. But why do you need to view your achievements when you launch a game anyway lol.

UNDERWALLY
02-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm going to post a similar problem bro, i just had this problem last night, no achievements!!!!! no achievements!!!