PDA

View Full Version : Looking for classic Zelda-type game.

nano scythe
07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey, I'm looking for either an arcade game or an indie game that plays like or similar to the classic 2D pixel Zelda games.

Can any one help me out here?

King Agam
07-06-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm looking for the game now that's a zelda knockoff...only drawback is it's in chinese...pretty good tho

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-06-2010, 05:03 AM
If you have a Ps3 you could get 3d dot game heroes, ive heard its a lot like the old zeldas

there was also and indie game on the 360 that was zelda influenced, but its in japanese

heres the link to it on the marketplace http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025855028f

KillerBEA
07-06-2010, 05:09 AM
If you have a Ps3 you could get 3d dot game heroes, ive heard its a lot like the old zeldas I agree with this, this game is very Zelda-esc. Even being directly compared to it in its reviews. I can't think of anything on the 360 though.

crazy W01f 816
07-06-2010, 05:10 AM
You can try 3D Dot Game Heroes, although it is for PS3. Golden Axe Warrior is also frighteningly similar to the original Zelda format, but I don't know how you could get a hold of that.

RadiantViper
07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Golden Axe Warrior is also frighteningly similar to the original Zelda format, but I don't know how you could get a hold of that.

You can find that game on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection disc.

crazy W01f 816
07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
You can find that game on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection disc.
Well then, there you go. :drunk

BedCommando
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't know any, but for retail, give Darksiders a shot.

Ozbaab
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Don't know any, but for retail, give Darksiders a shot.

I was just about to say this. I haven't played any Zelda game, but I've heard LOTS that thinks Darksiders is very much Zelda-ish~

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I was just about to say this. I haven't played any Zelda game, but I've heard LOTS that thinks Darksiders is very much Zelda-ish~

While it is like zelda in its design (get item and use in in level's puzzles kind of thing)..its like the 3d zeldas present on consoles since Ocarina of Time..just because of the fact its in 3d which changes the ways things can be done

Just looked at his GT and hes already played it, but I would encourage anybody else to play it, its an excellent game

Polak
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I never played Zelda, but my friends who play Darksiders at my home tell me that this game feel like zelda.

You can also have a look on Fable 1 & 2.

BedCommando
07-06-2010, 06:24 PM
WOAH WOAH WOAH
Everyone stop. How in the blue hell can people say they have NOT played a Zelda game before? You're fucking gamers!
It's like not ever playing Mario, or Halo (Even once), or Sonic, or Final Fantasy, you get my point.

nano scythe
07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. I'll try to find the indie game, I can't read japenese though. I also looked at 3d dot heroes and it looks pretty solid. Since I have a PS3 I will probably grab that.

I have Darksiders and really enjoyed playing it. I love the 3D Zelda games and it was a perfect fit for the 360. Once I get it back from a friend who is borrowing it I'll play through on apoctalyptic and try to 1k it.

Perfection I
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah Darksiders is kinda like Zelda. Good game too so i would reccomend that.

rabies
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
3D Dot Game Heroes was pretty much made specifically for you then..somebody looking for an oldskool Zelda game. I am playing it now.....solid game.

nagal
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
castle crashers.. reminds me of play link to the past

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-07-2010, 06:43 PM

it does....in what way?

Gackt
07-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game but I really don't see how Castle Crashers is anything like it lol

Didi Mau
07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I was going to say Castle Crashers as well to be honest, not so much A Link to the Past but more Four Swords Adventures (though that itself is very LttP).

The smoothness of the 8-way walking and combat just feel very similar to me, as does using the bow. Imagine Castle Crashers being played from a bird's eye view perspective and maybe you'll see what me and nagal are seeing, I dunno haha :p

katesith
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I was going to say Castle Crashers as well to be honest, not so much A Link to the Past but more Four Swords Adventures (though that itself is very LttP).

The smoothness of the 8-way walking and combat just feel very similar to me, as does using the bow. Imagine Castle Crashers being played from a bird's eye view perspective and maybe you'll see what me and nagal are seeing, I dunno haha :p

Read my mind. I would say Castle Crashers wouldn't be like it because Castle Crashers is a side scroller, but it is the closest thing too it if you want it as an Arcade or an Indie game.
Otherwise: Darksiders is the closest you can get IMO.

EDIT: YAY 500th post!

nagal
07-07-2010, 11:18 PM

ya i guess 4 swords would be a better example.. but crashers has the feel of 16-bit

DigitalFury
07-08-2010, 12:40 AM
There is an indie game on the Marketplace called Soul Caster, it's only 80 points and it's good for like 4 hours. It has 2 difficulties and some pretty smart gameplay. Check it out; if you hate it, you only spent $1.

EDIT: When I say good for 4 hours, I mean the game will take anywhere between 2-4 hours to beat, and a little longer on the hard difficulty.

Coorhagon
07-18-2010, 11:50 PM
you aren't going to find much on xbox 360, but there are tons if you can get a genesis/snes/etc. On Genesis there is Beyond Oasis. SNES has Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Brain Lord, Illusions of Gaia and some others. Master System has Golden Axe Warrior.