PDA

View Full Version : UK - when you get your new xbox slim, whats...

mmartynn
07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
... the 3rd thing your going to do on it?

(1. being setting it up, 2. being transfering your content)

mines going to be downloading all the fallout 3 DLC then playing F3 for hours on end :woop:

ferrari360max
07-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Oh look, another god damn xbox slim thread.

Deadly Moves
07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I might lick it ;)

mmartynn
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM

obviosuly someone isnt getting one

I might lick it ;)

ROFL :drunk

Yontnaem
07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
hopefully i will be enjoying the silence :) (my old 360 is very noisy)

BooseyGirl
07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
hopefully i will be enjoying the silence :) (my old 360 is very noisy)

:nana
AMEN TO THAT!

My Xbox never runs quietly, god forbid I load up a game and then it sounds like it's hacking up a fur ball! I can't wait to get mine, I got a nice chunk of change to put down on the new console when I reserved it at Gamestop and then traded in my Controller, Wireless Adapters, and the console itself. I haven't traded in the HDD yet though, I need that to transfer my data :)

Nozza XBA
07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
obviosuly someone isnt getting one

Burned!!!!

Stare at it for a bit.. Really look at the difference.. But havent decided on what game to play yet.. I mean there's not gonna be any difference in the visuals point of view so.

Will probably play Crackdown 2 but then stop for a bit just to admire it and not have a massive fan sound come from it!

:nana
AMEN TO THAT!

My Xbox never runs quietly, god forbid I load up a game and then it sounds like it's hacking up a fur ball! I can't wait to get mine, I got a nice chunk of change to put down on the new console when I reserved it at Gamestop and then traded in my Controller, Wireless Adapters, and the console itself. I haven't traded in the HDD yet though, I need that to transfer my data :)

How you gonna do the transfer without a console.. Unless you're borrowing one from a friend? Which I'll hopefull do but I want to trade everything all in one which proves a bit of a problem caus I dont have a spare HDD or USB etc..

Yontnaem
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Game will actually do it in store for when you trade in (but you do have to buy the transfer kit or have another cable).

I had quite a good chat with the store manager when I preordered and he said I could keep hold of my old hdd and bring it in the next day and he would honour the trade in value.

M85A21
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
First thing I'm going to do is what I did with my first 360...

Drop it down the stairs..

Or maybe I'll just spill Pepsi on it. Not sure yet..Choices, choices.

HenryRivers
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
... the 3rd thing your going to do on it?

(1. being setting it up, 2. being transfering your content)

mines going to be downloading all the fallout 3 DLC then playing F3 for hours on end :woop:

That sounds like a ruddy good idea!
I'll probably do very similar, or just look at it. It'll look nice in my room,
vvveeeeerrrrrrryyyy nice :D

BooseyGirl
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Burned!!!!

Stare at it for a bit.. Really look at the difference.. But havent decided on what game to play yet.. I mean there's not gonna be any difference in the visuals point of view so.

Will probably play Crackdown 2 but then stop for a bit just to admire it and not have a massive fan sound come from it!

How you gonna do the transfer without a console.. Unless you're borrowing one from a friend? Which I'll hopefull do but I want to trade everything all in one which proves a bit of a problem caus I dont have a spare HDD or USB etc..

Actually you buy the HD Transfer Cables for $20.00 and you can do it yourself, you don't need the Xbox to transer the data. You hook one end onto the part of the hard drive that connects into the Xbox itself, and then you plug the USB part of the cable into the new Xbox S. Then it asks you if you want to transfer the data, you say yes, hit :abut: to start and BOOM! All done :)

I just bought one today from Gamestop for my Fiancée and I'm getting mine next week. All that's left to do is sell my last Xbox which is my RE5 Special Edition Red.

mmartynn
07-08-2010, 09:04 AM
ive moved all my save data onto a memory card. my friend at gamestation has my hardrive on hold for me, so if my xbox hasnt sold by next friday, i can get all my DLC from it. if it someone wants to buy it before then, hes guna wipe it clean before sale.

Molly
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Honestly, I just enjoy the sound the power button makes when you press it haha. The fact that it's touch sensitive is pretty cool.

Tiddy08
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
hmmm, when mine comes im doing them 2, then Im gunna unplug my old xbox and put it straight on ebay :P

Giblets 2000
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Look at the shiiiny!

Then probably curse my stupidity when I find that the in-built WiFi is much worse than my previous setup...and when I realise that I don't really care about Kinect...

But then I'll once again be distracted by the SHIIINY!

TsarBlandi
07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
im just gona stare at it.... then install some stuff / redownload arcade games

SupermanRivera
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
im a little pissed that the new xbox just came out right after i bought my new one

BooseyGirl
07-09-2010, 03:14 AM
I really like how quiet the Xbox Slim is (just bought mine the other day) and the wireless internet is really good. I haven't experienced any lag at all...at least not yet. As for the touch sensitivity, it's a little too sensitive since my border collie puppy Bella walked by the console, tail swishing and hit the eject button as I was playing Modern Warfare 2 with the tip of her tail.

I freaked out and she just looked at me like, "What did I do?" :) lol

Giblets 2000
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
...my border collie puppy Bella walked by the console, tail swishing and hit the eject button as I was playing Modern Warfare 2 with the tip of her tail.

I freaked out and she just looked at me like, "What did I do?" :) lol

Don't let the media get hold of this story "Video games linked to aggression towards puppies"

Barad
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm gonna play Crackdown 2 lol then skate 3..then alan wake..then split second, all these games I have now are waiting to be played ionly in the Slim not in my current shitbox :P (red lights)

BooseyGirl
07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Don't let the media get hold of this story "Video games linked to aggression towards puppies"

LOL it probably would happen too, but I didn't yell at her or anything. I was confused as to what happened, you know one of those moments when you die for no reason on CoDMW2, "What the F***?!" Yea...lol I think I startled her and then I looked down to see she was sitting in front of the Xbox and I just kinda put two and two together. My Fiancée thought it was funny, which it was...:p