PDA

View Full Version : *Good* 100% Single Player Games

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I've been looking for a thread on this and whilst there are a lot of threads listing 1000 point single player games, they commonly include your Avatar TLAs, your Mutant Turtles and so on.

I am on a real 100% kick at the moment, but my golden rule is not to play rubbish or shameful games to get 100% completions. (I did play King Kong and enjoyed it, but even then felt...wrong.) I never play multiplayer, so they are out for me.

What I can't seem to find is a list of 100% single player games that are generally considered to be quality titles. Sure, I could play Hannah Montana or Terminator Salvation, but I don't believe I will enjoy them, and the day I play games just for score is the day I hang up my pad.

I have cobbled together a list myself of games fitting my loose description above below that I've either played or want to play, but I'd be grateful if anyone knows of any gems that I could include.

***EDIT***: Well, the responses have been great, so I thought the least I could do would be to aggregate the most common suggestions and post them as one list.

Based on community feedback, the below list constitutes a selection of games that you can achieve 100% single player gamerscore on, and, crucially, are considered generally to be games of quality. That's very subjective, I know as a definition, but given that the list is drawn from the opinions on this forums, hopefully that should count for something. There are a couple of games in there that do surprise me as being considered good, but the people have spoken. I'm sure a few people will raise eyebrows and cry foul, but hey, I'm just putting up what others have said...debate away as to whether these are 'good' games...

Note: There are a couple of games below with co-op achievements. I ummed and ahhed about including them, but ultimately did so; generally I want to avoid games with ranked playlist type achievements and can call on a small but solid group of friends to play co-op with, so I thought I would keep the co-op games in if there are others n this boat.

If you have posted and your suggestion has been missed out, let me know and I will include it as soon as possible.

Thank again and I hope you all can get some value from this list.

Edited List

• Afro Samurai
• Alan Wake
• Alone in the Dark
• American Wasteland
• Assassins Creed 1
• Assassins Creed 2
• Batman AA
• Bayonetta
• Bionic Commando
• Bioshock
• Blazing Angels
• Blue Dragon
• Borderlands (NB NOT 100% single player, one viral achievement)
• Bully
• Call of Duty:Modern Warfare and 2
• Civilization Revolution
• Clive Barker's Jericho
• Conan
• Condemned
• Dante's Inferno
• Dark Void
• Darksiders
• Dead Rising
• Dead Space
• Dead to Rights: Retribution
• Deadly Premonition
• Devil May Cry 4
• Dirt
• Dragon Age
• Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
• Encharted Arms
• Fallout 3
• Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
• Fight Night Round 3
• Final Fantasy XIII
• GUN - Medium
• Hitman Blood Money
• Just Cause 2
• Lost Odyssey
• Mass Effect
• Mass Effect 2
• Metro 2033
• Mirrors Edge
• NFS Most Wanted
• Ninja Gaiden 2
• Oblivion GOTY
• Prince of Persia 08
• Prince of Persia TFS
• Prototype
• Resident Evil 5 - Medium
• Rise of the Argonauts
• Risen
• Saboteur
• Silent Hill: Homecoming
• Sonic Genesis Collection/Sonic 1,2,3 Sonic and Knuckles
• Splinter Cell Conviction
• Star Wars:The Force Unleashed
• The Bourne Conspiricy
• The Godfather - Easy
• The Simpsons Game
• Tomb Raider Anniversary
• Tomb Raider Legends
• Tomb Raider Underworld
• Tropico 3
• Velvet Assassin
• Viking
• Viva Pinata
• Wanted
• Wet
• X Blades
• X-Men Origins: Wolverine
• Lego Indiana Jones
• Lego Indiana Jones 2
• Lego Batman (1 co-op achievement)
• Lego Harry Potter
• Lego Star War: Original Trilogy
• Tales of Vesperia
• Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (it has online achievements, but you don't actually need to play with anyone else. Just start an online game by yourself and you can get the achievements.)
• Just Cause 1

TheVoidRose
07-06-2010, 09:43 AM
You should try X Blades, if you get past the crap acting and small story line full of plot holes, it's actually a decent hack and slash.

Edit: Also Assassins Creed

jtr1gg3r
07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed II are awesome single player games

Id put those two on your list aswell

TakahashiDemon
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno.

Sniper Riflez
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Assasin's Creed 1
Assassin's Creed 2
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake

its delicious
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for good games with a relatively easy 100%?

Anyway, Fallout 3 and Fight Night Round 3. Any other games I would suggest would have people whining about difficulty.

Damage
07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok I'm the same. I only play games I like and done play online as no gold membership, but don't let MP put you off, as you ill miss out on many great games. Note - Lego games are actually really good and Kung Fu Panda came with the console, so its not my fault :(.

Here are a few good SP 100% ones:
Modern Warefare + Modern Warefare 2 (all achievements are offline)
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 1 & 2
WET (Hard to 1000% needs multi playthroughs)
Rise of the Argonauts (cool if you like greek myths and fighting games, 1000 in 1 run)
Hitman - Blood Money (Multi playthroughs but cheap)
Dragon Age Origins (may take most of your life, minimum of 2 playthroughs needed, with exp glitch)

There are loads of cool single player games.

Edit-Soz for repeating above games, as I type to slow....

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 11:46 AM
@its delicious

No, I'm not looking for easy games per se, I will gladly put in the effort and time to complete a difficult single player game - as long as I get 100% for my efforts at the end.

For example I'm currently battering my way through Darksiders on Apocalypse difficulty, which I'm finding very tough and have put about twenty hours into, but in the end it will be worth it: 1000 points well earned and importantly, a good game played to get them.

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Also, thanks for those games listed so far - I have in fact completed Fallout 3, shame on me for not listing that!

@Damage - Rise of the Argonauts not on my radar at all, never heard much about it. I'll look it up, thanks.

I guess the only bugbear I have about a lot of the 100% single player games is that they almost always have 'collect 100 of X' achievements, which I more or less never enjoy doing.

Oh for a single player game with 100% interesting and different achievements and no collect quests...

guillermo316
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
i Think pure is a good 100% beacuse its fun and easy

Sizzlebuzz
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Enchanted Arms is a semi-good RPG. Or at least I found it playable. It got a little tiring at a few parts, but it's pure 100% storyline.

Blue dragon is a pretty good RPG as well. It has a few achievements you can miss such as identifying all monsters and grabbing all the items, so read an achievement guide if you're going for those.

Dragon Age is another good one. And of course the Mass Effect games.

VladimirK
07-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Assasin's Creed 1
Assassin's Creed 2
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Alan Wake

Oblivion
Dragon Age: Origins
Metro 2033
Bioshock
Condemned
Risen
The Saboteur
MW 1&2

BedCommando
07-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Hint
07-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Ninja Blade
SW TFU
SH Homecoming
Wanted
Bionic Commando
Batman AA
Dirt
Dead Rising:)
POP TFS
Mirror's Edge:p

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Some great suggestions here, thanks. How did I miss out Arkham Asylum?!

I'd also be willing to consider games with only a very few online achievements, e.g. Forza 3.

But even if the thread dies here, I've got more than enough!

Neverender
07-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, but because I don't have Live. From my experience, these are my suggestions:

You definitely need to check out Condemned: Criminal Origins and the first Bioshock. They both are 100% single player and have great stories.

From the looks of the games listed, you'd probably like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Dante's Inferno. They're both good and along the gameplay lines of Darksiders (more so for Dante's Inferno than TFU, though).

If you like hack and slash games, Bayonetta and Devil May Cry 4 are both really good ones, but Devil May Cry 4 is insanely hard to get 100% on (Bayonetta is significantly easier).

If you like turn-based RPG games, Enchanted Arms is a very easy 1k. Just finish the game and make the right dialog choice at the end. Blue Dragon is good, too. A bit more time consuming, not necessarily tougher, though (as long as you use the guide/road map).

Hope you'll look into some of the games I mentioned, they really are good ones! :D

Ozbaab
07-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Condemned is very good AND easy!

Polak
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi,

You shoud add Conan, the saboteur (time consuming, last achievement is quite boring) and Vikings : battle for asgard (old game which is very cheap today)

ZanKioH
07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Mini Ninjas

Kamakazi Pear
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Definately check out Bioshock, it's brilliant and 100% Single Player.

FRANKSEY
07-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Hitman - Blood Money (Multi playthroughs but cheap)

is this fun, ive had it for ages but havent booted it up haha

Ticker9
07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
The few that I have come across are.

Blazing Angels
Cabelas (All of them are off line)
Star wars the force unleashed
the fantastic for rise of the silver surfer
The legend of Spyro the dragon (need local co-op)

TsarBlandi
07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Oblivion and Fallout 3, they last a while though, great games and extremely easy 1000gs
if your feeling cheap you can put the difficulty down to the easiest and just run through it

Sgt Scyther
07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
BioShock, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, Deadly Premonition, Bayonetta, Silent Hill Homecoming, Alan Wake, and even Toy Story 3 are all very good 100% single player games.

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
These suggestions are all brilliant. One thing; seeing Condemned come up a lot - what about the sequel? Any good?

credible
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Modern Warfare 1 & 2., Bully!

Typhoid999
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm SURE some of these were mentioned already, but here is my list of good solo games:

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Bayonetta
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Dragon Age Origins
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Fable 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Star Wars: TFU

Armoured Gideon
07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks credible, but Red Dead Redemption doesn't count in my definition - there are MP achievements, which I won't go after as I don't play multiplayer. It has to be 100% single player and also 100% good.

Jakethemuss
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
These suggestions are all brilliant. One thing; seeing Condemned come up a lot - what about the sequel? Any good?

Condemned 2 is a good enough game in itself, interesting levels and a good ride, but a huge chunk of the GS is for multiplayer. The multiplayer for Condemned 2 is pretty weak aswell compared to COD, Halo 3, Gears etc..

Opiate42
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed II are awesome single player games

Id put those two on your list aswell

Totally agree, just finished AC2 last night. It was awesome!

Sampson
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
While a list like that might seem fair and decent to the creator, it could seem controverisial to others. Take Minty, for example: He loves Hannah Montana games and would say that they aren't shameful. However, you would see the list and dissagree. Do you see what I'm saying here?

Sephiroth x360a
07-06-2010, 07:40 PM
You should check out FFXIII.

Damage
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Hitman is OK - You need to forget about the first mission (training bit) as it sucks. It takes 4.5 playthroughs, but it easy to do as once you silent assassin all on easy, you can run through them very fast.

Rise of the Argonauts is only around 6 new at Morrisons and cheaper else where. Lots of talking, but combat is fun and easy. Use the guide as not talking to everyone a lot, can screw things up (I missed 2ach on 1st playing as I forgot to talk to someone twice).

Fable 2 - NOT all SP there is the doll catcher & send a gift ones. Add Borderlands if Fable 2 counts as that only has 1 online (Play with someone who has played with one of the makers, stile things...its viral and online only-I tried it split-screen and could not pass it on). Rest are split-screen-able.

Batman AA - Is really had in my opinion as I suck at the combat challenges and have mot completed 1 yet.

Lava Tonsil
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
As suggested by some others Oblivion and Batman Arkham Asylum are both excellent single player games that are 100%-able.
If you're in the UK i'd suggest Ashes cricket 2009 or International cricket 2010 if you like sports games.

PhantomNemesis
07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I recommend the new Prince of Persia. It's quite an easy game to 100%, and is generally quite fun as well. I do suggest however that you either buy it cheap or rent it since the game is rather short, and then you can make use of the UPlay points that you don't need to use!

I got my copy for free, thank you FHM subscription!

I'm not sure what the 2008 version is like but it's also cheap, the achievement guide puts it at around 30 hours to 100%.

Splinter Cell: Conviction is also good, with mostly all achievements possible with solo play and a few with a second controller. The only ones that require a second player is the co-op story. Takes a while to 100% because of Last Stand but is fun, although you need to shell out for the DLC for the 1250.

Hope this helped!

Neverender
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
The second Condemned wasn't a bad game, but it just wasn't as good as the first. Plus, I think there's about 450 GS that requires multiplayer.

I wouldn't recommend the 2008 Prince of Persia game. It was really repetitive and got old fast. I think I finished one level before I said enough.

Sgt Scyther
07-06-2010, 10:59 PM
How did I forget Batman: Arkham Asylum? That's a must have as well!

Regarding Condemned 2, as others have said, it's a good game. Not as good as the original, though, and a large amount of the achievements are online based. I'd still say it's worth getting, though.

Coldgears
07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Look at my first post here, I said the same thing... Now look at my number.

i wish to stay for a while because I love achievements... although I never would play a crappy game for achievements the games i do play I always go for them!

PS: I'm very tempted to rent avatar tla : tbe I have unlimited rentals at blockbuster ( I go through games quick ) they apparently have it at the blockbuster location but i promised myself never to sink that low for achievements and i never will. Also my gamer score is about 5000 and im currently renting/playing battlefield bad company, my gamer tag is gamerguy45; and thats all I have to say thank you!

I got this response, I didn't believe it at first... But it was true.Nice to see you joining the site.. Of course this is a amazing community or i would not be here:p lol..

achievements points get very addicting very fast, especially if you love them now.. that is how i was at first! ! loved getting them but i wouldn't play a game i didn't enjoy.. but im telling you, you will hit a magic number one day "mine was 15k". and something will snap in your head and you will be like omg these are truly addicting i need to go get the 2k6 games, avatar. just to get another 6k.. lol

trust me i made fun of people when i first started gaming casue they played for achievements points lol! but after like 6months of gaming i got hooked. and now owns 115games for the xbox 360..

Avatar is the easiest game by far, and its not that hard to play. you get all achievements in like 2mins.. i wouldnt' say go rent it at this point, cause when you become an achievement whore lol, that game comes in handy. i used that game to hit 50k..

lol im rambling on, so i will stop, but its nice to see you joined the site. what other games do you play for fun, i saw your playing Battlefeild.. good game from what i have played! any other games your looking forward to playing this year that are coming out!!

well enjoy the community! and have fun gaming!

Admittedly I don't play many games for achievements, but it does happen. I play mostly for fun.

eifie18
07-07-2010, 01:42 AM
oblivion was a great idea i always recommend that game

recca07
07-07-2010, 03:19 AM
final fantasy 13, oblivion, other rpg games

katesith
07-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Dante's Inferno
Viva Pinata
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Prince of Persia 08'
Final Fantasy XIII
Mirror's Edge
Alan Wake
Fallout 3

Are all great single player games. I enjoyed Mirror's Edge but from recent "Debates", the game may be unenjoyable because of type of gameplay and sometimes it will make you sick if vertigo gets to you.

Sizzlebuzz
07-07-2010, 03:39 AM
You should check out FFXIII.

This is a 110 hour game for the full 1k. However, it is a very fun game.

Damage
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Prince of Persia 08 has a massive orb collection thing, with like 300 or more.. takes ages (I rented it so had to give-up or risk paying for it).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, need DLC to 100%. Again 2 controllers needed
Also MUA1 but I think it needs.

Tufty
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
American Wasteland - Medium
Assassins Creed 1 - Easy
Assassins Creed 2 - Easy
Batman Arkham Asylum - Medium
Batman AA GOTY - Medium
BioShock - Medium
Dead Rising - Hard
Fallout 3 - Easy
Fight Night Round 3 - Easy
GUN - Medium
Just Cause 2 - Medium
Mass Effect - Medium
Mass Effect 2 - Easy
NFS Most Wanted - Easy
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Hard
Oblivion - Easy
Resident Evil 5 - Medium
The Godfather - Easy
The Force Unleashed - Medium

Daiphyer.
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
is this fun, ive had it for ages but havent booted it up haha
If you like assassinating people, then you will love it.
I'm gonna say.
Just Cause 2(One playthrough)
Mini Ninjas(One playthrough with guide)
The Saboteur(One playthrough)
All of these games are really fun.

chaos1086
07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Bioshock is great game and pretty easy to the 100% achievement points silent hill homecoming is decent and very easy to get its 1000.

Fullbrook
07-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Not going to repost any there were listed there were lots of good ones in there.

But I never seen Lost Odyssey come up. Great game.

There is one acheivement though that involves picking up every item you come across, which will need a guide.

It took me about 80 hours to complete and loved every minute of it.

Plus the DLC is only 80 MSP right now, which is another plus.

This thread will help me out too :) Just got a Game Access account, and I mainly play single player games. So lots to rent

iNSANiTY
07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Fallout 3 is great, one of my favourite games. No difficulty achievements either so it's not hugely frustrating.

Pantherrfan
07-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Just cause 2 is great single player game, but the 100% may take alot of time

katesith
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Prince of Persia 08 has a massive orb collection thing, with like 300 or more.. takes ages (I rented it so had to give-up or risk paying for it).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, need DLC to 100%. Again 2 controllers needed
Also MUA1 but I think it needs. You are correct about Prince of Persia 08 being a great game, but you are wrong about the Light Seeds. You were off by 701 Light Seeds. There are 10 achievements for it. Collect 100 seeds, then 200, then so on adding 100 each until you get to 900 then the final one is 1001 Light Seeds.

SRJB
07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
COD2 can be damn hard at times, but what a satisfying 1000 G

mister stumbles
07-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought that resident evil 5 was a pretty fun game and most of the achievements are pretty easy to get considering professional mode can be done with infinite ammo

$RebelG
07-08-2010, 03:47 AM
Assassins Creed 2, not really hard at all if you put some effort into it. Not very long either if you want to rush through. I personally loved the game compared to the first Assassins Creed.

Another one I enjoyed was Bully Scholarship Edition. All offline, and well it does take some time to complete if you go at it slow like I did. But really fantastic game all round. First 1K GS for me.

Another would be The Saboteur kind of a glitchy game at times and it does indeed take forever if you don't use that amazing glitch that stops the Nazi's coming after you when you blow shit up. I liked the whole feel of the game and the storyline to. Although I did have some annoyances with the driving.

And last but not least Modern Warfare 1 and 2. Okay so I haven't finished either yet, but from what I remember all offline I think. Although I'm not sure if some of the Special Forces (I forget the name) are co op achievements or not. But pretty much just got to play through the storylines and some extra challenges.

husak
07-08-2010, 03:49 AM
I second Lost Odyssey! And while Fable II requires a wee bit of online it is well worth it.

For arcade: Shadow Complex is a good one.

Darth Grif55
07-08-2010, 03:53 AM
The Lego Games. Though, I'd only play those if you're a fan of whatever they're about (I'm a fan of SW, Indiana Jones, Batman & Harry Potter. But I'll never play Lego Rock Band.)

sgt time monkey
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Alan Wake
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Dante's Inferno :woop:
Bioshock
Mirrors Edge
Call of Duty:Modern Warfare and 2 (all achievements can be obtained offline/solo)
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed :woop:
Oblivion GOTY
Batman AA
Boderlands(i think there all single player achievements)
Lost Odyssey

any of these if they haven't been mentioned yet

katesith
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Alan Wake
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Dante's Inferno :woop:
Bioshock
Mirrors Edge
Call of Duty:Modern Warfare and 2 (all achievements can be obtained offline/solo)
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed :woop:
Oblivion GOTY
Batman AA
Boderlands(i think there all single player achievements)
Lost Odyssey

any of these if they haven't been mentioned yet

Borderlands is not an all single player game. There are achievements for coop missions, viral achievement, duels, and others.

sgt time monkey
07-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Borderlands is not an all single player game. There are achievements for coop missions, viral achievement, duels, and others.

yeah i just double checked never mind about Borderlands.

i forgot to mention Devil May Cry 4(hard but fun) and Silent Hill:Homecoming(easy)

jtr1gg3r
07-08-2010, 08:39 AM
i Think pure is a good 100% beacuse its fun and easy

that has mp achievemnets =P

rabies
07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
This is a good thread. Something like this should almost be accumulated and posted for info. I am constantly looking for good new games that are single player only...that is my main preference for games. I've picked up a couple recommendataions from this thread already. Here are some that I have played and enjoyed..and were 100% Single Player in achievements...I noticed a few creeping in on the lists (like viva pinata) that are not 100% single player...many games manage to creep 1 or 2 multiplayers ones in...

Prototype
Bully
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Assassins Creed 1 and 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Fallout 3
Bayonetta
Tropico 3
Lost Odyssey
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Dead Space
Civilization Revolution
Oblivion
Bioshock
The Simpsons Game

Games that were fun, but had some flaws and thus people may hate:
Alone in the Dark
Saboteur
Clive Barker's Jericho
The Force Unleashed
Dark Void
Velvet Assassin
Afro Samurai
Conan
The Bourne Conspiricy
Condemned
Viking
Rise of the Argonauts
Bionic Commando
Prince of Persia

lordrex217
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
one game i don't think anyone has mentioned so far is Dead Space. granted i haven't played it yet, but it's 100% offline, and is supposed to be pretty good.

EDIT: Looking at the list of games I've played, other single player games that I've played and enjoyed are Civilization: Revolutions (easy 1k) and Prototype (medium to hard 1k)

Tiddy08
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
ac2 defo. and fight night round 3, and avatar the burning earth. All easy games and relatively fun.

HLR zdmetal
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Mass Effect 1&2
Assassin's Creed 1&2
Oblivion

Murn
07-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy 13, Resonance of Fate and Mass Effect are all brilliant RPG's, and all single player.
Prototype and Just Cause 2 are great sandbox, free-roam games.
Velvet Assassin is a decent stealth game.
Bioshock. Play it, now, twice.
Modern Warfare 1 and 2 have no multiplayer achivements, and are excellent shooters.
Legend of Spyro is surprisingly good. Has 1 local co-op achivement.
Mirror's Edge is unique and good, but an aquired taste. Might want to rent it first to see if you like it.
WET. Over-the-top third person shooter. Fantastic for a bit of fun.
Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.

Just a few I've played. I tried to get a variety of games so you should enjoy at least one.

Armoured Gideon
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow, come back a couple of days later and my cup runneth over...!

Thanks to all of you. If you look over this thread, hopefully people can discern a solid list for all those players, like me, who enjoy playing games without having to go online and revive someone 100 times to get my full completion. I'm glad that the post has brought this list up, because I do think there's a lot of value in it.

@Coldgears

You say you started with good intentions, and then inevitably some less than good games crept in just for score? Just to answer you, I am still committed to avoiding games which are poor (in my opinion. Let's be clear, as another poster mentioned, some people might LOVE Hannah Montana).

The reason I hope that I won't ever find myself diluting this is because, simply put, I find I have less and less time for gaming now I'm all growed up with the bills and the responsibilities etc. (I miss my sixth form days: playing Final Fantasy 7 for twelve hours or more, consequence free...sigh.)

So my point is, with such a strict limit on the time I can invest playing, I really cant justify filling it playing anything I won't enjoy - it's just not worth it, even for the score. The pleasure I would derive from seeing the GS pop up < the pleasure of investing that time in a more entertaining experience. For this reason I don't ever see myself popping HM or NBA 2K 06 in the drive. Even if it takes only a matter of fifteen minutes for the grand, that's fifteen minutes I could have spent playing a more satisfying game to me.

I'd be interested in your (or anyone else's) thoughts on this. By the way, there's no implied judgement in my sentiment that those who do play the games I choose not to are in any way foolish for doing so. Each to their own, but that's the logic I have built and it works for me.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

master_shake_350
07-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Surprised no one said Viva Pinata! I know its a kid game but it isn't bad.

Armoured Gideon
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
For those interested, I have edited the OP to include all the suggestions. Thanks.

sufferKATE
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Dante's Inferno should probably be taken off, as the St. Lucia pack adds multiplayer achievements.

I enjoyed Magna Carta 2, a fairly straightforward 1240 (including DLC) that took around 30 hours, the game had an interesting story and good characters.

rabies
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Surprised no one said Viva Pinata! I know its a kid game but it isn't bad.

Just be wary of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, as that one has several multiplayer achivements.

I've also seen others post Resident Evil 5. While the base 1000 is SP only, the first DLC pack added that HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE online vs play..and its awful achievements...

RadiantViper
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Batman (1 co-op achievement)
Lego Harry Potter
Tales of Vesperia (time consuming)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (it has online achievements, but you don't actually need to play with anyone else. Just start an online game by yourself and you can get the achievements. Not sure if this counts)
Just Cause

Also, you should make a note about Borderlands, it has one online achievement (it's just an incredibly easy viral achievement, though)

I will probably think of some more later. Nice idea, btw.

hydrosugar
07-09-2010, 04:08 PM
i got a 2 month gold around a month ago but i HATE!!!!!!!!!!!! online acheivements illd prefer a difficult offline one to a online one of any type

too many of the newer games are getting online acheivements which sucks:mad:

hydrosugar
07-09-2010, 04:30 PM
also btw im not gonna read 70 commets but an uncommon one to mention would probably be eternal sonata
the acheivements are all offline and the game itself is probably better than ffxii:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i only got 120/1000 points cause i just wanted to play the game and not worry about collecting everything at the right time, using it at the write time, follow a guide religiously or backtrack at the climax of the story...BUT if u dont mind doing that stuff its not that hard just time consuming

although im a little dirty at the fact that for a 20 odd hour campaign i got 12/22 acheivements but only 120/1000 score:mad:

Armoured Gideon
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
@RadiantViper - thanks, glad you like it, hope that this is of some use to you.

I've added your suggestions and other new ones to the OP.

Factor5
06-23-2011, 06:36 AM
It's been almost a year since the last reply and some good single player games need to be mentioned:

Retail:

LA Noire
Duke Nukem Forever(debatable on if it's "good" or not)
Vanquish
Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Space 2(DLC required for 1250/1250 and the "Hard To The Core" Achievement will make you want to pull your teeth out)
Edit: Have to mention Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Core game is outstanding although the DLC is really weak.

XBLA:

Trials HD
LIMBO
Magic: 2012(There is a "online" achievement of sorts but you can unlock easy it if you have 3 controllers)
Beyond Good And Evil HD

SubG3nius
06-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Duke Nukem Forever... Oh, my bad, just saw your looking for "Good" games ;)

JK. Every game has already been said, but I agree with Ass Creed games and MW1.

LBxRAIDER
06-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Nice list! I was wondering if there was a thread about this.

Tropan
06-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi,

I've been looking for a thread on this and whilst there are a lot of threads listing 1000 point single player games, they commonly include your Avatar TLAs, your Mutant Turtles and so on.

I am on a real 100% kick at the moment, but my golden rule is not to play rubbish or shameful games to get 100% completions. (I did play King Kong and enjoyed it, but even then felt...wrong.) I never play multiplayer, so they are out for me.

What I can't seem to find is a list of 100% single player games that are generally considered to be quality titles. Sure, I could play Hannah Montana or Terminator Salvation, but I don't believe I will enjoy them, and the day I play games just for score is the day I hang up my pad.

I have cobbled together a list myself of games fitting my loose description above below that I've either played or want to play, but I'd be grateful if anyone knows of any gems that I could include.

***EDIT***: Well, the responses have been great, so I thought the least I could do would be to aggregate the most common suggestions and post them as one list.

Based on community feedback, the below list constitutes a selection of games that you can achieve 100% single player gamerscore on, and, crucially, are considered generally to be games of quality. That's very subjective, I know as a definition, but given that the list is drawn from the opinions on this forums, hopefully that should count for something. There are a couple of games in there that do surprise me as being considered good, but the people have spoken. I'm sure a few people will raise eyebrows and cry foul, but hey, I'm just putting up what others have said...debate away as to whether these are 'good' games...

Note: There are a couple of games below with co-op achievements. I ummed and ahhed about including them, but ultimately did so; generally I want to avoid games with ranked playlist type achievements and can call on a small but solid group of friends to play co-op with, so I thought I would keep the co-op games in if there are others n this boat.

If you have posted and your suggestion has been missed out, let me know and I will include it as soon as possible.

Thank again and I hope you all can get some value from this list.

Edited List

Afro Samurai
Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark
American Wasteland
Assassins Creed 1
Assassins Creed 2
Batman AA
Bayonetta
Bionic Commando
Bioshock
Blazing Angels
Blue Dragon
Borderlands (NB NOT 100% single player, one viral achievement)
Bully
Call of Duty:Modern Warfare and 2
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Conan
Condemned
Dante's Inferno
Dark Void
Darksiders
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Deadly Premonition
Devil May Cry 4
Dirt
Dragon Age
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Encharted Arms
Fallout 3
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fight Night Round 3
Final Fantasy XIII
GUN - Medium
Hitman Blood Money
Just Cause 2
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033
Mirrors Edge
NFS Most Wanted
Ninja Gaiden 2
Oblivion GOTY
Prince of Persia 08
Prince of Persia TFS
Prototype
Resident Evil 5 - Medium
Rise of the Argonauts
Risen
Saboteur
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Sonic Genesis Collection/Sonic 1,2,3 Sonic and Knuckles
Splinter Cell Conviction
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed
The Bourne Conspiricy
The Godfather - Easy
The Simpsons Game
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legends
Tomb Raider Underworld
Tropico 3
Velvet Assassin
Viking
Viva Pinata
Wanted
Wet
X Blades
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Batman (1 co-op achievement)
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Star War: Original Trilogy
Tales of Vesperia
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (it has online achievements, but you don't actually need to play with anyone else. Just start an online game by yourself and you can get the achievements.)
Just Cause 1
Divinity II was a great play for me. RPG, linear but fun.

Never Final
06-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Force Unleashed I and II
Alice: Madness Returns (Requires DLC to 100%)

Wortsenawl
06-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Persoanlly, I think Terminator is not too bad, and if you play 2 players it is bloody easy to boot. It is also far, far, far, far, far, far, far better than Fantastic Four, which is a big pile of shite.

Oh and Lego Pirates is quite good too.

PurplePogoPunk
06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
No mention of Dragon Age 2 yet?

CyberPunch83
06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think I saw Fallout: New Vegas on the list. It's no Fallout 3, but it's still a Fallout a game and there's still plenty to love. The DLC just adds more fun to the mix, with DLC part 3 due July 19th.

V1oL3NT Sn1PEzZ
06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
LA Noire
Vanquish

and btw dirt is on the list but has multiplayer acheivements

ashleary
06-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I picked up Disney's Megamind for a 5er on trade in.

Most fun i've had in 4 hours in a while :D

Natalie
06-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Red Dead Redemption is a good single player game! I am thinking of renting the LEGO games! Are they any good?

KeepEmRolling
06-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Red Dead Redemption is a good single player game! I am thinking of renting the LEGO games! Are they any good?

RDR does have a great single player game, but there are alot of mp achievements. Yes, I've played a few of the LEGO games and they're good fun.

H1N1
06-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Mafia 2 is easy, I only need 2 more achievements to complete the main game. No multiplayer which is nice.

CyanideSpirit
06-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Mmm i'd get Alice: Madness Returns :).

MxPx
06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I've been playing this demo for a game called "Tropico". Its pretty cool...like Sim City w/ a political twist...you wedge your city/state between support from U.S. and Soviet Union, and eventually have to choose a side; capitalism or communism. Good game to pass the hours.

i got squeezed
06-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You forgot Red Dead Redemption. Don't know if anybody said it in the other posts.

DoomKvlt
06-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Alice Madness Returns
Shadows of the Damned

G0LDEN AVENGER
06-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Dead Space 2, L.A. Noire

Baylor05
06-27-2011, 03:40 PM
The three best that I've completed are in no particular order

1. Fallout 3
2. Mass Effect
3. Oblivion

ViPeR6
06-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Not only should Modern Warfare 2 not be anywhere near a list of good games, it also technically is not 100% single player because you need a co-op partner for 2 spec-ops missions.

TDC333
06-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance can be completed all by yourself.

You will need 2 controllers for 7 achievements and 4 controllers for 2 other achievements, which allows you to skate by without going online to obtain those achievements.

The only problem is the DLC is no longer available for download, but if you pick up the Gold Version it has all the DLC included.

SR x FUZiON
06-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Alone in the dark? I would not consider this as a good game, just personal opinion however.

HaloXtremist
06-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Galaga on XBLA.

Death Metal Jim
06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Alone in the dark? I would not consider this as a good game, just personal opinion however.

It's definitely a flawed game, especially with the driving and inventory, but it's still a very fun game despite these issues. Plus you can buy it cheap and it's a relatively easy 1000.

I'm surprised Bulletwitch isn't on this list. I immensely enjoyed that game, especially while having Alicia in her secretary outfit ;).

Dav13s
06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
It's definitely a flawed game, especially with the driving and inventory, but it's still a very fun game despite these issues. Plus you can buy it cheap and it's a relatively easy 1000.

I agree, not great, flawed in many ways, but I still enjoyed it. Shame I lent it to a friend who then sold his 360 along with my game. Tin case one as well :mad: Gotta get him to get me another copy at some point so I can 1k it.

OT - These have all probably been mentioned before, but here goes:
Blue Dragon.
Bully.
Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Oblivion.
Mass Effect 1 & 2.
Loads more, cba to list