PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think?

TheDeceiver35
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
While the original dragon age was excellent, I haven't been a big fan of some of their DLC. Was just curious what people thought of this one before I decide whether or not to pick it up.

lifeexpectancy
07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't bother unless you're a completionist. The 100gs isn't worth the 7 bucks and it takes less than an hour to finish. Unfortunately for me I'm compelled to keep my 100% Some could say play it for the story, but I'd say wait till it's on sale in a year if you REALLY want to see the story which isn't even all that spectacular.

The game rocked.
The DLC has sucked, including the "expansion" (all 2 hours of it).

I'm just glad I only paid $35 for the game on black friday and played the expansion for free (thank you gamestop used game return policy!). So I've only paid for a few of the DLC's, bringing my total investment to still less than the original $60 price tag.

Dark-KnightV
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Too short, I mean honestly I enjoyed it a little and liked that they did voice overs but otherwise the achieves were too easy. First playthrough took me less than an hour. Then I re did it cause I missed the armor achieve and vendetta purely cause of stupidity. As stated prior unless your into achievements dont bother.

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
It is MUCH better than the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC. But I agree, it is too short.

Visahi
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
first playthrough took almost 2h for me... but anyway best DA:O DLC so far.

Ackter
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Game completed in 48 minutes.

Absolute rubbish. It's barely a game.

PhantomNemesis
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Game completed in 48 minutes.

Absolute rubbish. It's barely a game.

It's not a game really, it's a game add-on.

I enjoyed it, the whole thing took me about an hour and a half which isn't too bad. You can always try higher difficulties as well. Having the DLC fully voiced was great as well, good job Bioware!

LK Tien
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
can't believe I paid for this garbage... could've spent it on something great, like FOOD! :(

The Elite Elite
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Well, I found it fairly enjoyable. (But then again, my opinion might not count much to some of you since I also have liked all the previous DLC released for DA so far) I finished it in between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Ryuukishi
07-07-2010, 12:49 AM
I liked it. Leliana wasn't my favorite character to begin with but this DLC made me care more about her story. Some unique new environments, weapons, or armor skins would have made it more worthwhile. But just in terms of story telling I'd say it was pretty great.

ViRaLuNdEaD
07-07-2010, 03:27 AM
This is probably my favorite DLC for DA so far. I just liked the idea of learning some back story to one of my favorite characters to begin with.

Ackter
07-07-2010, 05:16 AM
It's not a game really, it's a game add-on.

I enjoyed it, the whole thing took me about an hour and a half which isn't too bad. You can always try higher difficulties as well. Having the DLC fully voiced was great as well, good job Bioware!

Are you serious?

The free blood dragon armour almost has more content than this DLC did.

Ackter
07-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Well, I found it fairly enjoyable. (But then again, my opinion might not count much to some of you since I also have liked all the previous DLC released for DA so far) I finished it in between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

I liked the previous DLC as well.

This one is just terrible though.

Ryngard
07-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I enjoyed it. I don't rush like those above so it took me 1.75-2 hours to complete.

I enjoyed it, it was neat to play as Leliana. I hope all of the companions get this treatment.

You don't play this for gamerscore, what a LAME reply.

Its a ROLEPLAYING game, those that don't like it are mostly hack-n-slash shoot-em up types anyway.

It feels like Dragon Age. Its fun. You unlock Rogue armor for normal plays, etc.

Oh and Awakening was 20+ hours, not 2 hours...

Son of Kyuss
07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Found it enjoyable but I'm gonna need to replay it seeing as I was completely lost when it came to the story. Perhaps it was because I started it when I was tired but I digress. One thing I absolutely loved was how BioWare got the VA for Leliana to come back and record dialogue for the dialogue trees, it saved it from having a very dull conflict between Marjolaine and Leliana.

Ferocious
07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
It got very positive feedback from people on the Bioware forums (and they can be very critical of DLC).

This is one of if not the most story-driven DLC so far; not to mention it's the one that intertwines with the original storyline more than others.

I always thought Leliana was an awesome character. Her voice acting is great and it's pretty crazy seeing the story you heard a bit about in the main game to where she became the woman she was when you first met her in DA:O.

Also, the voice acting is top-notch at least as nicely done as the original game.

If you are going to check out any of the DLC, check it out if you want to experience more of the back-story of a main companion from DA:O.

jwtaylor1980
07-08-2010, 02:30 AM
I really enjoyed it. Better than Return to Ostagar and Darkspawn Chronicles for sure. It took me about 2 hours, but I was playing on a higher difficulty and read all the codex entries and stuff. In comparison to other DLC, both for Dragon Age and other games, I felt like I got my money's worth.

Skebbz
07-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Well, this is probably the first DLC for Dragon Age that did not suck, with the exception of the Stone Prisoner. Somewhat challenging as well, and took a few hours to complete. Nothing like the pile of crap that was Return to Ostagar, which I completed in about 5 minutes.

jwtaylor1980
07-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Well, this is probably the first DLC for Dragon Age that did not suck, with the exception of the Stone Prisoner. Somewhat challenging as well, and took a few hours to complete. Nothing like the pile of crap that was Return to Ostagar, which I completed in about 5 minutes.
I agree completely; it's on par with Stone Prisoner, though I thought this was slightly longer. Not as good as Awakening, but that's mostly because Awakening had so much content, and not necessarily that the content was better.

Ackter
07-08-2010, 05:47 AM
I enjoyed it. I don't rush like those above so it took me 1.75-2 hours to complete.

I didn't rush either. The game was horribly linear, very few things to explore - it was basically walk a bit have a fight, walk a bit have a mage fight and then repeat.

xhunterrrr
07-08-2010, 05:54 AM
I didn't rush either. The game was horribly linear, very few things to explore - it was basically walk a bit have a fight, walk a bit have a mage fight and then repeat.

The same statement could be made about the entire game...

General Boredom
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I enjoyed it.

Leliana was one of my favorite characters from the main game, so getting some backstory for her was interesting. It took me a couple of hours to play through; and that was without rushing so I'm satisfied with what I paid for.

Oh, and anyone that thinks that this is the worst DLC for DA:O, you may want to get your head checked. It's not the best bit of DLC content ever released, but it's a hell of lot better than Return to Ostagar and Darkspawn Chronicles.

RadiantViper
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I enjoyed it.

Leliana was one of my favorite characters from the main game, so getting some backstory for her was interesting. It took me a couple of hours to play through; and that was without rushing so I'm satisfied with what I paid for.

Oh, and anyone that thinks that this is the worst DLC for DA:O, you may want to get your head checked. It's not the best bit of DLC content ever released, but it's a hell of lot better than Return to Ostagar and Darkspawn Chronicles.

QFT. Leliana's Song wasn't fantastic, but I don't regret the purchase at all. Good story and another 100g :)

Exhausted Dad
07-08-2010, 11:47 AM

I enjoyed it, it was neat to play as Leliana. I hope all of the companions get this treatment.

You don't play this for gamerscore, what a LAME reply.

Its a ROLEPLAYING game, those that don't like it are mostly hack-n-slash shoot-em up types anyway.

It feels like Dragon Age. Its fun. You unlock Rogue armor for normal plays, etc.

Oh and Awakening was 20+ hours, not 2 hours...
I agree with everything you said, though I do love my hack and slash too :). Also Awakenings in 2 hrs, thats the stupidest thing I have heard someone say about DA.

Fishman
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe you guys (most of you) are just rushing through it on an easy difficulty trying to get the achievements faster?

All I know is people are saying they beat the main game in about 20 hours, where I have played for 32 hours and am only about a 1/4 done. Just an idea of how long a game/dlc can last if you don't rush through it. Then again, I haven't played this DLC yet and it could just be really short.... which I doubt.

Canadian Gamerling
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I think the DLC content that has come from bioware (in general on all games) has been relatively short on all of them…. With that said I enjoyed them all and found each one worth the $5-7 spent! I mean really… are you guys seriously complaining about $7? What did you want a Ef’in 10hour climax?

Professor Silly
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't suppose, being a prequel, that any of the new items (like armor) can be transferred into the main game. Am I just giving into wishful thinking?

Ackter
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
The same statement could be made about the entire game...

The rest of the game has substance, and didn't cost £5 per hour to play.

Ackter
07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I enjoyed it.

Return to Ostagar was equally rubbish.

Darkspawn Chronicles at least offered something different.

All of the DLC has been seriously sub-par with the exception of Awakenings, which I preferred to the main game.

The Elite Elite
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
All of the DLC has been seriously sub-par with the exception of Awakenings, which I preferred to the main game.

Wait, I thought you said you liked all the previous DLC.

I liked the previous DLC as well.

This one is just terrible though.

So which is it? All the add-ons for Dragon Age except for the Awakening expansion have been sub-par or that you liked all the DLC except for Leliana's Song? (Or is it you enjoyed all the previous content despite the fact you thought of them as sub-par?)

General Boredom
07-09-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't suppose, being a prequel, that any of the new items (like armor) can be transferred into the main game. Am I just giving into wishful thinking?

The Battledress of the Provocateur carries over into Awakenings, I imagine the same goes for the main game as well.

XBL Unreal
07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
It is MUCH better than the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC. But I agree, it is too short.
Agreed. I think I am going to wait on some impressions before I dive into the next DLC. Its cool getting some more story from the Dragon age universe but its starting to get expensive for the amount of time your getting to be in that universe.

Ackter
07-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Wait, I thought you said you liked all the previous DLC.

So which is it? All the add-ons for Dragon Age except for the Awakening expansion have been sub-par or that you liked all the DLC except for Leliana's Song? (Or is it you enjoyed all the previous content despite the fact you thought of them as sub-par?)

I enjoyed them despite being sub-par - the DLC for the Mass Effect games was considerably better overall, for example.

Leliana's Song I just can't seem to get any enjoyment out of it.

I Redbush I
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
i just did start this DLC so im not too sure about it yet, but with me, im kinda sold on BioWare. it doesnt matter to me if their dlc's are too short, not as good as the main game(if so they wouldnt be post launch addons?), i love both mass effects and dragon age, so i will get all dlc for them regardless of length, story, achievements, price and so on

TriRock
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed it from start to end. The best DLC so far, IMO, even if the effects on the main campaign are minimal.

ubermensch2007
07-09-2010, 08:23 PM
very good dlc. yes it was short, but we got 3 new achievements, not to mention new fully-voiced dialogue, some new equipment that carries over to the main game, and detailed background of one of my favorite characters Leliana. also the quests at the beginning where you tear up Denerim's market by various means were very amusing. the Shale dlc gave us a whole new character so I like that one the best, but Leliana's song is my second favorite.

Chemical Wings
07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I personally really enjoyed the DLC. It was a tad shorter than I hoped, but that's just because I just really genuinely enjoy the game. I haven't played DA: O in ages, so having a reason to go back reminded me how much I loved this game.

Leliana was a really interesting character, and it was nice to see how she got to where she was. I wouldn't mind seeing it for a few of the other characters, like Zevran's life as an Antivan Crow or Alistair as a Templar.

Was it worth the money? I think so. Am I hopeful for more DLC? Definitely =)

Lord Montymort
07-11-2010, 12:50 AM
IMO this is the best of the DLC so far, I loved Leliana in the main story anyway and I enjoyed seeing her and Marjolaine's story which I helped bring to a close in the main game, yeah it would have been nicer if it was a little longer, but I feel I got my money's worth from this.

DayV3d
07-11-2010, 02:26 PM
i was dissapointed overall..
dont get me wrong, it sure is one of the better dlc and was longer then the other one, but to be honest, im getting sick of this short yet expensive dlc hunks.
nearly all settings were from the main game. sure, at night, but overall you know them. oh yeah, the last part was nice, although the canyon looked like something some parttime employe was making in his sparetime... sure, voiceover is nice, music was catchy, and the mood was right.
yet it simply didnt feel like dao. its almost to much fights and i simply felt more like mass effect and not like dao.
im quite sad if da2 is going to be more like this latest dlc packs... :(

Sambuca Queen
07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
This thread has helped me make up my mind and Im going to get it. Got some points left over and I was wondering if I should get it. I love DAO, but didnt bother with the Darkspawn DLC as I hate the bloody Darkspawn lol. So seeing some backstory would be nice.

Sambuca Queen
07-20-2010, 09:38 AM
As I said in another thread, I like it. Leliana is a good character and learning more of her background is interesting. I felt so sorry for her when you play through, Marjoirie is a complete bitch. Silus is a good character also, pity hes not in it anymore.

shudderWINGS
07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Honestly, I skipped every cutscene because I can't stand Leliana so I couldn't tell you what this DLC was even about.

I enjoyed those achievements though!

Lisbon_Lion_67
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Overall i really enjoyed this dlc. But way to short. Total playtime was 1hr 12 minutes for me and i didn't exactly rush.

I wouldn't mind more dlc like this for the other characters but i would expect them to take a few hours minimal to complete

Opiate42
08-13-2010, 05:52 PM
I quite liked it, it fed the story nicely. Could have been longer but I still found it fun, no regrets on spending the points.

ronaldkrueger77@yahoo.com
08-26-2010, 02:41 AM
kinda short but gives some back story.

BaldWombat
08-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I rather enjoyed being able to see the wild side of her so I really enjoyed this.

Dracon
08-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Found it very short and very easy to be fair. Enjoyed it simply because I am an RPG junkie and she was my main characters chosen companion through Dragon Age. I do think the price needs to come down on this games DLC but overall it added to my story/game in a way I appreciated so not going to cry over a bit too much expense.

Plus other characters can then make use of the armour you can collect.

Drac.

A Scottish Kiwi
09-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Worst DLC for Dragon Age

Ulv Skjold
09-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I thought that it was completely worth it.
However, I'd only recommend it to you..
..If you're a completionist, obviously.
..If you've always been curious about Leliana's Past.

Also, the ambient sounds were absolutely exquisite.

Jamieironmaiden
09-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Well it least it lasted longer than some of the other DLCs

Dj LynZee
09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, it's short, but the story is well worth it. I also love Leliana though so... that could have been a factor. The voice acting was great too.The story differed a little from how Leliana told it in Origins, but I liked it. I think it was my favorite out of all the Dragon Age DLC, hands down.
Anyone who said it's only worth downloading if you want the 100g needs to go back to playing moar shitty Halo and CoD.
Besides, it's a bloody add-on. I don't expect ANY DLC to be particularly long. In fact, it's somewhat of a relief when they aren't. I do have a life, and playing video games for hours straight isn't high up on my list of priorities.

Defcizion
10-02-2010, 02:13 PM
If Leiliana and Marjolaine would've had an intense make out scene, it would've definitely been worth it.

But there sexual actions around eachother are pretty epic

tkhbecker
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM
This is probably my favorite DLC for DA so far. I just liked the idea of learning some back story to one of my favorite characters to begin with.Too bad they didnt back story everyone. I wouldve like to played Alistair as a Templar initiative to be conscripted by duncan and a Grey Warden recruit...

Scotty
01-03-2011, 05:09 PM
i liked this DLC. its always good to see peoples back story, especially when you hear about it during the original.

lakersandangels
01-20-2011, 07:49 AM
This was probably my favorite of the DA:O DLC. It was story driven and gave a lot of background to one of my more favorite characters in the game. Also, the rewards you receive for completing it are very nice.

Zimbabwe Pete
03-10-2011, 04:47 AM
So, is this DLC one that i can play anytime?
Have a 22 rouge, with only Shale and Wardens Keep DLC.
Im trying to figure out what add ons are good enough to get, though being a whore for gamerscore, im likley to get them all anyways....