PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide

RadiantViper
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song Achievement Guide

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 3 for 100http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 100http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif: 1-2 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 2, Vendetta and Provocateur
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
-Glitchy achievements: No
-Unobtainable achievements: None

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/zv/fM/14CLiGJhbC9BDhsFG1lTWUMwL2FjaC8wLzQ1AAAAAOfn5-jj99I=.jpg Vendetta - 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Destroyed the career of Guard Captain Eams.

For this achievement, you need to put a number of items - 5 specifically - on the Guard Captain's body. His body is near the tavern, on the south side of the market. You need to do this in the market, before you move onto the estate. The items are:

- The 3 different items you steal from the shops in the market. DO NOT put them into other shop chests. If you accidentally put one in another shop chest, you can still take it out - but if you put all 3 in different chests, you can't get them back out and can't get the achievement.
- Bann Perrin's under garments. You fight him on the west side of the market. DO NOT put them on the Chantry Board, you can't get them back.
- Mages Collective ring. (Note: I have been told this item isn't actually necessary for the achievement, you can keep it if you like) First you'll need to find all the markers. To start the quest, go to the spot where the Mages Guild bag is in the main game - just east of the chantry, or on the other side of the building that has armour shop in the main game. Then there are two markers - one is just east of the bag along the buildings, and the other is near where you started the DLC - go south down the alley from the main entrance to the market. Finally, go all the way west near the gate to the city elf slums (in the main game). Go near the sparkly spot and you'll get attacked, defeat the mage and take the ring from his body.
- Jovi's body - go past the Guard Captain and down the alley and you'll have to kill the guy near the doorway. You can then take his body.

Plant all these items then go signal Marjolaine. If you did it right she will say you did a fantastic job destroying his career, and you should get the achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/pO/SO/04CLiGJhbC9HDhsFG1lTWUMwL2FjaC8wLzQzAAAAAOfn5-yh5Lg=.jpg Provocateur - 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Collected and assembled the Battledress of the Provocateur.

You need to find 6 items throughout the DLC, they're all called 'Masterwork Leather Piece'. Some of the pieces are found in locked areas. You need to raise Leliana's lockpick by at least one, so do that as as soon possible.

- After killing Jovi in the market, the first piece is on his body.
- When you're inside the estate, after the first few rooms you'll move into a hallway and there will be a locked door right in front of you. Open it, then open the locked chest inside for piece 2.
- Continue through the estate past the first short cutscene and go to the bedroom where you're supposed to hide the papers. Near the bed is another locked chest with piece number 3.
- You'll leave the estate to go to the hideout, but then you'll come back and you'll be able to access new parts of it. Keep going past the first two battles (with the off duty soldiers, then the normal soldiers and a mage) and you'll have to turn right. In front of you is a locked door, open it and inside is a Weapons Master with 3 Mabari. Defeat them, then search the armour stand near the back for piece 4.
- After the next couple cutscenes, you'll be in an underground area where you need to find party members and open a few gates. After you find Tug, use the crank to open the gate (it will be the second crank you've pulled). Leave the room and go across the hall into the eastern most room on the map, inside in a locked chest is piece 5.
- After you meet Dorothea, you'll be in the Chantry. Right behind you as you start is a desk - check the drawer for the final piece and your achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/XQ/8s/1oCLiGJhbC9ADhsFG1lTWUMwL2FjaC8wLzQ0AAAAAOfn5-kDD0E=.jpg Turning Point - 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Heard Leliana's version of her betrayal.

Story related and cannot be missed - simply complete the DLC for this achievement.

finerion
07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the guide RadiantViper. I look forward to trying this DLC tonight.

RadiantViper
07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Alright, I found the last piece for the Provocateur achievement and just got my 1550, so the guide is finished for now. If any of the descriptions are confusing/vague, leave a comment and I'll try to fix it :)

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 02:12 PM
So for the two missable achievements, do you destroy his career before collecting pieces of the Battledress or are they happening at the same time?

RadiantViper
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
So for the two missable achievements, do you destroy his career before collecting pieces of the Battledress or are they happening at the same time?

No, you can get both in one playthrough, they don't have anything to do with each other. They're both missable in the sense that you can completely the DLC without fufilling the requirements for either one.

The guard captain achievement takes place in the market, while the battledress achievement takes place over the entire DLC.

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
No, you can get both in one playthrough, they don't have anything to do with each other. They're both missable in the sense that you can completely the DLC without fufilling the requirements for either one.

The guard captain achievement takes place in the market, while the battledress achievement takes place over the entire DLC.

Oops, sorry for the confusing post. I meant what you answered in the second paragraph, though. So thanks!

RadiantViper
07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Oops, sorry for the confusing post. I meant what you answered in the second paragraph, though. So thanks!

Oh! No, that's my bad, totally misread your post :D

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh! No, that's my bad, totally misread your post :D

No worries. :)

I look forward to playing this DLC and using this guide... As soon as the damn file downloads. Stupid slow internet...

lifeexpectancy
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Lol I'll delete my guide for some reason yours wasn't showing till I refreshed my page after posting mine. Doubt anyone really needs a guide for this one but I figured it was worth a go. Yours is better anyway for the collectable achievement.

DayV3d
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
thank you very much. i just cant get enough of this game *quite an addict*
...but gonna finish thief 3 on pc first before playing this *sad is*

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
EDIT: Just now realized that the three items from the market ARE included in the guide. My mistake!

Splurgey
07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Not sure exactly how this happened since my lockpick was at max but there were certain things I couldn't pick which I now know had the crap inside of them. I noticed this started happening after I manually saved for no reason. Gonna play through again and see if it gives me my "fiddy" this time.

Berserk Orc
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I did everything you said for Vendetta and its not unlocking =( i planted all 3 of the listed items and then signaled Marjilay or w/e 3 times now... and every time now no achievment :confused:

Ryuukishi
07-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Great guide! Can't wait to play this tonight.

xhunterrrr
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I did everything you said for Vendetta and its not unlocking =( i planted all 3 of the listed items and then signaled Marjilay or w/e 3 times now... and every time now no achievment :confused:

You also have to plant all the stolen goods from the chests in the middle of the market.

Berserk Orc
07-07-2010, 12:45 AM
yeah i did that as well, however i dont know if there was a specific combination or what? do i need to put specific items in each chest or what? no offense but this guide is not very specific

ponypo2001
07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
yeah i did that as well, however i dont know if there was a specific combination or what? do i need to put specific items in each chest or what? no offense but this guide is not very specific

It's quite clear really. You don't put anything in a chest. You steal the things from the chests in the market and plant them on his body with the other items. When you talk to Marjolaine she will mention being impressed and you got it. I think if Radiant just amends the guide to say "steal" not "still" it will eliminate any other issues.

Very clear guide in my opinion and made finishing the DLC in one run a breeze so thanks for the quick and efficient work.

RadiantViper
07-07-2010, 06:18 AM
It's quite clear really. You don't put anything in a chest. You steal the things from the chests in the market and plant them on his body with the other items. When you talk to Marjolaine she will mention being impressed and you got it. I think if Radiant just amends the guide to say "steal" not "still" it will eliminate any other issues.

Very clear guide in my opinion and made finishing the DLC in one run a breeze so thanks for the quick and efficient work.

Ah, thanks for noticing the typo. It's been fixed.

@Berserk Orc: I'm always open to criticism, but I made it clear in the guide that you don't put the items in the other store chests, so I think it's good :)

Berserk Orc
07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I Assumed you meant dont put the 3 items you listed that you need to plant on the guy into the chests, so what your saying is plant those 3 items AND the 3 items from the chests on the guy? if you added that to your guide i think it would be a lot easier to understand, assuming that is infact what you do.

Echilion
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks so much, can't wait to play this dlc :D

and small typo, but its Bann Perrin and not "Terrin" :)

Lord Vlad 666
07-08-2010, 11:01 PM
great guide. it really helped me out with the two missable achievs

TriRock
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks, I always tend to struggle with hidden stuff. :D

Siegfried
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Guide is great beside the part about the captain, you should add that we need to put the other 3 items too.

I rushed through this DLC just for the points since I can't stand Dragon Age anymore and had to do this part 3 times to get it right :(

RadiantViper
07-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Guide is great beside the part about the captain, you should add that we need to put the other 3 items too.

I rushed through this DLC just for the points since I can't stand Dragon Age anymore and had to do this part 3 times to get it right :(

No offense, but I think the guide is perfectly clear. It states at the top that you need to put a number of items on the captain, then I list all those items.

Goddz
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Just completed this DLC! Good IMO, good guide aswell x

Sean 94
07-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the Achievement Guide, will be using this is 10 minutes after I downloaded the DLC !

Fox334
07-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Good guide, allowed me to get the 100 points without any unnecessary hassle. I'm really surprised that the achievement for getting the armor is worth 50 while beating the DLC is only 25...

Sambuca Queen
07-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks so much for this, otherwise I wouldnt have gotten those 2 achievements!

Surgeon_Sniper
07-28-2010, 06:28 AM
thanks man, saved me some time

Indyrat
08-09-2010, 04:56 AM
thanks! was great help

anormaldisaster
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
thank you! It helped a lot :)

Defcizion
10-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Just finished it. Thank you

ADenton109
11-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the guide made it much faster and easier. My next bit of dlc will be the Golems of Amgarrak.

Vigor
12-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the guide, couldn't quite figure out what needed to be done for Vendetta but this helped a lot.

Pearson
12-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I wish that I had read this guide earlier, because I missed the Vendetta achievement because I swapped the articles in the chests around and hung up the briefs at the Chantry. So now I have to play the first 20 minutes over again! :rolleyes:

Redemption Mode
12-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Very good guide, bro. Thanks... :)

Xenolith666
12-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Where do you get this quest? Where does it start? I have the GOTY edition and have downloaded it, but I'm not seeing the quest in my list anywhere. Any help would be great, thanks.

Shotty
01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I think under an hour to complete with this great guide, thanks thanks and many thanks again!

xBTCx Corrupted
01-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Great Guide! Thanks for all your hard work. any suggestions on how to beat the Dragon, Commander and Mage? I can kill 2 of the 3 but have also lost 2 outta 3 team members? I'm open to suggestions :)

wreckdsoul
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the guide!

Guy akaAnon
04-28-2011, 03:54 AM
No offense, but I think the guide is perfectly clear. It states at the top that you need to put a number of items on the captain, then I list all those items.
I misread the guide, the guide is not wrong, but it is easy to misread. Maybe change the phrase "put a number of items" to "put six items".

gazzibiuk
04-30-2011, 09:58 PM
thats how I missed the Provocateur achievement then!
Looks like im replaying this again

MongolianSlayer
07-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the guide!

Headless Snip3r
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Perfectly done and well described. I had no problems at all following your directions. Thanks.