PDA

View Full Version : Zombears in Top Hat Challenge

oOoOMidoriOoOo
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm beginning to think I'm a complete moron...

I cannot, for the life of me, squeak past a silver. Those damn Zombears...how the hell am I supposed to avoid them/keep them from killing so many bears? I've dressed up in the costumes that are meant to make you invisible to them, I've tried using the fast costumes, I've tried random costumes, and nothing seems to work. I just can't seem to rack up points or drive them all insane.

Is it normal to spent nearly an hour running around sabotaging, scaring, re-sabotaging, and injuring them? When I do manage to scare them (pre-injury), I usually get shot to hell. Or get caught in the crossfire between them and the soldier bears. What am I doing wrong? What should I be doing in each of the three sections?

If anyone has a good strategy or any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Glock x Coma
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
its ok if they kill the bears u get a lot of points while there killing them. You should set up traps like ur doing and when one of them gets caught go scare emm unless another comes to help him. When that happens just scare him too but right after u do that hit him or else he will shoot u. once u got them all limping just keep setting up traps until u finally make them all insane! more will come but just repeat. Keep in mind it takes forever to make emm insane. and about the costumes it really dosent matter once they see u hurt or scare another bear just do ur best to avoid them i would recommend the Uni-Bear Costume as he is soo fast! Ohh yeah spending an hour is Normal so dnt worry.

Good Luck :woop:

Ooyah
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I would say, kill the zombears immediately, before doing anything else. It is impossible to make them go insane, so I don't think that there is any reason to keep them alive? Maybe I am mistaken?

As for everyone else, injure them all as soon as possible. I don't think that you get more points pre-injury for a scare than after injuring them?

Sorry, actually... more question marks than answers!!! :)

bmakar83
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I would say, kill the zombears immediately, before doing anything else. It is impossible to make them go insane, so I don't think that there is any reason to keep them alive? Maybe I am mistaken?

As for everyone else, injure them all as soon as possible. I don't think that you get more points pre-injury for a scare than after injuring them?

Sorry, actually... more question marks than answers!!! :)

The Zombears can be driven insane, it just takes more to get them to that point.

I kinda wish they army bears were a little more intelligent and would all gather up and barricade themselves inside a building for the duration since I don't believe the zombies can climb through windows.....I think atleast.

Ooyah
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
The Zombears can be driven insane, it just takes more to get them to that point.

I kinda wish they army bears were a little more intelligent and would all gather up and barricade themselves inside a building for the duration since I don't believe the zombies can climb through windows.....I think atleast.

Oh! You *can* drive Zombears insane? I think I was mislead by one of the loading screen 'tips' which states that the Zombears do not respond to scares...

Well, I guess that injuring them all as quickly as possible might be the key. Anything to stop them killing the other bears. Although I have noticed that a bear when injured will melee attack if you are close enough. I wonder if the Zombears will still attack other passing bears even when injured?

Thanks for the tip!

bmakar83
07-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Yeah if you boo at them they won't cower in fear but they will still respond to it. You can make them become insane from seeing other injured, insane or dead bears and such. Pretty much all the usual stuff will drive them crazy eventually.

oOoOMidoriOoOo
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Ugh, I beat my last score, but it's still a silver. I was lucky to get an extra ~200,000 because one of the soldier bears FINALLY escaped for backup. But still silver at ~3 mil. I used the Oodoo costume, because all the other keep getting me slaughtered. Does anyone know what the gold trophy is for this so I know what I'm going for?

I swear, I'm about to turn in to one of these insane bears.

oOoOMidoriOoOo
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Ah, finally...after nearly 2 hours I got gold. It popped around 3.28 if anyone is still trying to get it. I also used the Oodoo costume; it seemed to be the only one that I could get around and not get shot to crap by those damned Zombears. Then I sabotaged most of everything (if they didn't destroy it first), then if no one was around when one of them was trying to fix it, I'd scare them, then swat them really quick with the ninja-to (I took the one from the first area; one of the Zombears was using it). If other bears were injured, I might let him run around and try and fix something else, or just keep swatting until he was injured, then just kept trapping until they went nuts. Also, if I knew they all were injured, then I'd just let one of the other bears attempt to help if one was trapped, then scare them both.

After the first area I had about 200k points, then after the second area I had about 1,900,000 points, close to the silver. I got the gold and still had three Zombears to take care of.

This might be common knowledge for lots of people, but if anyone is having any trouble like me, I hope this helps.