PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

ColossalKiller7
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I rented Red Dead Redemption from the local blockbuster yesterday. I went home played it for 2 or 3 hours and then it just stops and goes to the dashboard. I went to bed and decided to try again come morning. I put it in hit single player and it goes right to the dashboard. I go back to blockbuster and get a different disc and I have the same damn problem. Everyother game is working so it isn't my xbox. What should I do? What is the problem?

Ryot Control
07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Try erasing all data and updates, then saving the disc onto your HDD.

Seliphas
07-06-2010, 05:30 PM
That blows...sorry to hear that...

Tussell
07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Try erasing all data and updates, then saving the disc onto your HDD.
Doing this is probably your best bet, but it's going to suck. I hate saving games onto the HDD. It's really more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Sidereal
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Doing this is probably your best bet, but it's going to suck. I hate saving games onto the HDD. It's really more of a pain in the ass than anything.

I hate ruining the disc lens in the 360. I also hate the heated spin dance the discs always do in the tray while playing. Those are far more of a pain in my ass than pressing Y and waiting a few minutes.

Just my take on it.

Aceman417
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I hate ruining the disc lens in the 360. I also hate the heated spin dance the discs always do in the tray while playing. Those are far more of a pain in my ass than pressing Y and waiting a few minutes.

Just my take on it.

Yeah I have to agree.

And have you tried actually updating the game on XBL? That might make a difference?

XIGRIMxREAPERIX
07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
RDR is pretty glitchy but it most likely is your xbox. The disk Drive in the 360 are absolute crap you just have to pray it decides to work. Also mentioned above try updating the game or clean the disk to be 100% sure its not reading a little teeny scratch right off the bat

ColossalKiller7
07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah saving it worked. Thanks fellas.

Spanky4G63
07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Not to be a downer but I'd prepare for a disc drive failure sometime in the near future. This happened to me when Dirt 2 released and I thought it was the copy I purchased so I returned it and was given a new one. Next day though the same thing happened so I installed it on my hdd. Pretty soon that stops working as a solution too. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Jethrow
07-07-2010, 11:41 PM
glad to see it's now working, but i never did hear of someone having that problem before. wierd, it's like crashing to desktop on a pc game.