PDA

View Full Version : Things the Xbox needs badly

jamie1000013
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Sleep timer, I would love it if the Xbox turns off at a certain time you set. This would allow me to leave it on without me worrying I might overheat it.

The ability to see the messages you have sent. This helps because I always forget exactly what I sent lol.

Gamerscore tracker tells you how much you have got per day. Would be cool when you're board to look at it.

Can't think of anymore if you can let me know and tell me what you think of my suggestions.

:-)

Sidereal
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
The 360 does have an automatic shut off feature, you know. While you can't set specific times or intervals, it will turn the console off after 6 hours of inactivity.

The ability to see your sent messages would be nice, I suppose, but I personally see no real need for it.

Gamerscore tracker would be a nice addition, even though I rarely pay any attention to mine.

I clicked this thread expecting to see "360 NEEDS A BROWSER", I'm glad that's not what it was.

Sabrelord
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
1)
!t has a fix 6 hour sleep time.
I think it's useless though, 6 hours just sucks.
After AFKing for 6 hours i don't want my xbox to turn off... that's when i wake up again >.<
So i've got mine turned off :-\
They should have made 2 or just a free choice or something

2)
That would be nice yeah.

3)
I don't realy care, if you do go to Trueachievements.

example

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerstats.aspx?gamerid=973

Tufty
07-06-2010, 07:07 PM
I think the only thing the Xbox 360 needs it to re-assign the wireless controllers, so you don't have to turn off your console to make the player 2 controller the player 1 controller.

A Pip Boy 3000
07-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I think the only thing the Xbox 360 needs it to re-assign the wireless controllers, so you don't have to turn off your console to make the player 2 controller the player 1 controller.

You don't..?

Tufty
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
You don't..?

Yes you do, but I'm saying that they should make a feature to re-assign controllers. Similar to the way they do with the PS3.

fudgenuts64
07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
1)
!t has a fix 6 hour sleep time.
I think it's useless though, 6 hours just sucks.
After AFKing for 6 hours i don't want my xbox to turn off... that's when i wake up again >.<
So i've got mine turned off :-\
They should have made 2 or just a free choice or something

2)
That would be nice yeah.

3)
I don't realy care, if you do go to Trueachievements.

example

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerstats.aspx?gamerid=973
Is TrueAchievements usually down. I can't seem to go there.

Sabrelord
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
oh yeah, i can't understand how they missed that. PS3 is doing that perfectly.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
1. useless for me, but I guess some people might need it

2. sometimes I wonder if I sent a message because theyre taking forever to respond..so I agree with that

3. would be nice on the dashboard, but I like the act of getting achievements, not how many I get a day

Sabrelord
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Is TrueAchievements usually down. I can't seem to go there.

It's up right now, and i think it's rare that they are down, don't know.
You tried the main? Maybe you can't see that page without a membership.

http://www.trueachievements.com/

fudgenuts64
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
It's up right now, and i think it's rare that they are down, don't know.
You tried the main? Maybe you can't see that page without a membership.

http://www.trueachievements.com/
I got it now. Don't know why it wasn't loading.

H0p3sfalL
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
BluRay would be nice.......:)

Mongolian Beef
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
1. sign in as offline (without having to switch everytime)
2. reassign controller slots (would really love this)
3. sent msgs would be nice

jamie1000013
07-06-2010, 08:49 PM

I hate that as well where my controller is on the second port. It doesn't matter but I hate it lol. Didn't know about that auto off thanks. Should be lessened to about 3 hours or something though.

Damage
07-06-2010, 09:10 PM
I think...

Bluray - will never happen, thanks Sony :(
An internal battery - Sick of connecting to XBL just to auto-update the clock (it gets reset when the PSU is turned off)
Sent Messages log (as mentioned) definitely
I always liked the idea of having a 100% SP complete list, for those without XBL - but again it ill never happen

S2Lavender
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
BluRay would be nice.......:)

Yes, I totally agree. I would have totally bought the new slim if it had a blu-ray player on it.

I would love to be able to see my sent messages too. Being able to see a conversation can remind me about what I've been talking about or if I have sent out a certain message or not.

jamie1000013
07-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Whats the difference between blu-ray and HD?

Also in gaming can you notice the difference in games between SD and HD?

ashleary
07-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Whats the difference between blu-ray and HD?

http://www.hddvdcomparison.com/

Quicklist of the differences but I guess the main difference is that HD DVD is now defunct. It's joined the list with Betamax and Laserdisc (bows head raises fist)

As for SD and HD yes you can notice the difference massivley. Colours, clarity and audio are all enhanced greatley.

Its all shiney shiney :)

TUSCANreborn
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Better protection for games if the xbox gets knocked. (have a 11month old son whos totalled 3 games now :( )

xRogue 5x
07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Up the size on friends list to 200 and party chat up to 10.

KillerBEA
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Up the size on friends list to 200 and party chat up to 10. I agree with this! Also to add letting GFWL users be in party chat even if its just with other people on GFWL its a start.

Starstrukk X360A
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
The 360 does have an automatic shut off feature, you know. While you can't set specific times or intervals, it will turn the console off after 6 hours of inactivity.

The ability to see your sent messages would be nice, I suppose, but I personally see no real need for it.

Gamerscore tracker would be a nice addition, even though I rarely pay any attention to mine.

I clicked this thread expecting to see "360 NEEDS A BROWSER", I'm glad that's not what it was.

Oh my god me too xD
I wouldn't mind seeing a sent messages section. I've gone on just fine without one, although it wouldn't hurt.

IncensedCape
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Cover your eyes in vaseline and start squinting at your television. That's what it is like for someone who plays on an HDTV to go back to a regular SDTV! One of my friends still plays on a little SDTV and I don't know how he plays online games, it's impossible to see anything.

mosin360
07-07-2010, 02:49 PM
If you keep forgetting to turn it off, best make some changes in your life if you can't remember things.

I could see keeping a copy or having the option but I would rather be able to send longer messages.

Eh, I don't see a need for this.

KeepEmRolling
07-07-2010, 03:11 PM
While I'd like a blu-ray player in the 360, it'll never happen. I don't need an auto-off feature, and don't care about a daily achievement tracker. I would like to be able to view sent msgs, and think it's a great idea.

TsarBlandi
07-07-2010, 03:47 PM
i wish that instead of showing you all the DLC achievements for a game it only shows the ones you have bought... should have an extra few 100% but coz i havent got the dlc they dont count, that then drags down my % which annoys me ... for some reason

i never really thought about a "messages sent" thing, if i get a reply i generally know what its for - guess i dont really send enough messages to struggle to remember

minimaster58
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Optional Old Xbox Experience and less hardware problems (better arrow buttons on controller, much lower failure rate and RROD and a fan that can't be heard in the other room).

Spanky4G63
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I came into the thread thinking I would see a we need a browser suggestion but thankfully not. Why is the need for a sleep timer? If your not using your 360 for a large amount of time just shut it off, it's not like it takes forever for the console to load. It would be nice to see what messages have been sent to people and as for the gamerscore tracking just take note of your prior score before settling in to a play session.

Corrupt.
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Custom auto turn off would be great. I always fall asleep watching DVD's through my Xbox and its always still on in the morning...

Pantherrfan
07-07-2010, 10:36 PM
I dont like it how you need to turn off the 1at controller to make the 2nd controller the 1st player. they should just swap.

ChewyTheJuggalo
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
The ability to change the colors of your ring of life without having to mod it. Maybe an option on the dashboard?

Party size up to atleast 15.

Spanky4G63
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
The ability to change the colors of your ring of life without having to mod it. Maybe an option on the dashboard?

Party size up to atleast 15.

Oh man. I could see all the red ring pranks being played on unsuspecting xbox owners.

Daiphyer.
07-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Sent messages would definitely be nice.
Also a feature which would allow you to watch your friend's game with her/his permission. Just like what Onlive did. It's really cool.
Also, better D-pad. It's hard to play those cool old 2D games with Stick and the current D-pad.

Shelton
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
You don't. Here is what you do:

Turn off controller 2.
Plug in/connect a new controller to the controller 2 slot.
Turn off controller 1.
Turn on the original controller "2". It will now be assigned as number one.

I do this if I'm signed in on controller 2, for whatever reason and need to get back to being the number one controller.
Why is the need for a sleep timer?

For me personally, I have trouble sleeping without a DVD playing. Therefore, my xbox usually stays on whilst I sleep. I set the TV to turn off in 30 minutes, but yeah, the xbox doesn't have that option. 6 hours is useless.

jamie1000013
07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
If you keep forgetting to turn it off, best make some changes in your life if you can't remember things.

I could see keeping a copy or having the option but I would rather be able to send longer messages.

Eh, I don't see a need for this.

Nah it's not me forgetting to turn it off. When I go to sleep I like to watch a film or sky player. After about 2 hrs I fall asleep, so I wanted a sleep timer of like 3hrs or more so the xbox doesn't get so worn down.