PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Awards list glitched.

JDUB XL
07-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Upon putting in Crackdown 2 and pressing start, I was awarded with an Avatar Award. It was a male and female Orb shirt. I realized something was weird when I brought up my Award list on my guide and saw that it said I had zero out of 15 awards. I went into the list and the awards were actually there and I was able to go into the avatar editor and put on the shirt just fine but my list still said 0 out of 15.

I then preceded to play the game and quickly unlocked another avatar award. My list then updated to 2 out of 15 instead of 4 out of 15 like it should of been.

My question is has anyone heard of this happening before and if so is there a way to fix it? I'm really OCD about this kind of stuff and would like to get it straighted out if at all possible. Is there a way I could simply delete the award and re unlock it or something?

andami
07-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Try retrieving your gamertag. That fixes the similar glitch with achievments.

JDUB XL
07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I thought of doing that but I don't really want to since this is the only issue. Is there a way to just delete the avatar item and re unlock it?

andami
07-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Not unless you have zero gamerscore in the game. If that was the case you could, but you said that you had earned more awards after the first two, so obviously you must have earned at least one achievement in the process.

JDUB XL
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Not unless you have zero gamerscore in the game. If that was the case you could, but you said that you had earned more awards after the first two, so obviously you must have earned at least one achievement in the process.

Well I earned 90G as soon as I pressed start because I unlocked them in the demo lol. So these awards are not saved in memory and cannot be deleted?

andami
07-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Well, the awards are saved on the memory card, but deleting them probably won't fix your issue. You don't actually delete the award's info, you just delete the object itself. The second you start the game back up, you'll automatically redownload the awards.

JDUB XL
07-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Well, the awards are saved on the memory card, but deleting them probably won't fix your issue. You don't actually delete the award's info, you just delete the object itself. The second you start the game back up, you'll automatically redownload the awards.

Would it just re download unknowingly or would the "Avatar Award Unlocked" pop up again?

andami
07-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Would it just re download unknowingly or would the "Avatar Award Unlocked" pop up again?
^The latter.

aussiestatic
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
I am having the same problem with dead to rights, its listing 8/10 but when I go into the list its got all 10.

Did you recover your profile and were you able to fix the problem? I know that works for gamerscore when some achievements dont list prorerly, ive never heard of someone doing it for avatar awards.

I really need to know if I need to recover my profile and and re do the avatar awards. I dont want to recover my profile because its over 100mb and takes forever to recover
So if you have had this issue and were able to fix it. please let us know.

I guess we will have to wait until more people come across the problem.
and for the people who cant understand why this is a problem, when you have ocd you want everything to appear as it should.

jeremypwrs
07-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Upon putting in Crackdown 2 and pressing start, I was awarded with an Avatar Award. It was a male and female Orb shirt. I realized something was weird when I brought up my Award list on my guide and saw that it said I had zero out of 15 awards. I went into the list and the awards were actually there and I was able to go into the avatar editor and put on the shirt just fine but my list still said 0 out of 15.

I then preceded to play the game and quickly unlocked another avatar award. My list then updated to 2 out of 15 instead of 4 out of 15 like it should of been.

My question is has anyone heard of this happening before and if so is there a way to fix it? I'm really OCD about this kind of stuff and would like to get it straighted out if at all possible. Is there a way I could simply delete the award and re unlock it or something?
I can't tell you why it didn't show up at first, but if it says 2 of 15 and you have 4 items, male and female are 1 item, not 2 same applies in Halo Waypoint Avatar Awards (i.e. Halo ODST Hoodie has a male and female but is listed as 1 award) Hope this helps :-)

aussiestatic
07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I can't tell you why it didn't show up at first, but if it says 2 of 15 and you have 4 items, male and female are 1 item, not 2 same applies in Halo Waypoint Avatar Awards (i.e. Halo ODST Hoodie has a male and female but is listed as 1 award) Hope this helps :-)

DTR has 10 items 5 male and 5 female. There are 5 avatar unlocks that give you a male and female item for each award you unlock. So if your theory is right it should be listing 5/10 not 8/10.

But thats not even the problem. my problem is in the list it says ive got 8/10 but when i go into it all 10 are there. Very annoying.

hence why im annoyed the numbers dont add up.