PDA

View Full Version : Similiar achievements?

Major Bones
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Hope the achievements are similiar to Symphony of the Night. It was the first Castlevania that i have played since Simon's Quest on the NES many years ago. Loved the RPG aspect of it and am excited for this one as well!

T-Hybrid
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
My guess is that there's going to be a few MP achievements to encourage Co-Op gameplay. Aside from that the rest will likely be similar.

[Waggly Bean]
07-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Aside from that the rest will likely be similar.

Why do you you think it's likely to be similar? It could be completely different - surely we don't know anything at the minute?

Whichever way it swings, this'll be a great game. I absolutely loved SOTN. That and the DS Castlevania's have been the most enjoyable in the series. I suppose the DS one's are pretty much duplicates of SOTN though! :p

Fun nevertheless. Let's hope this game is just as good! :)

UCB Disco
07-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah. Although the graphics are HD, this game looks just like the DS versions of Castlevania, which is a great, great, GREAT thing! Castlevania truly has been resurrected in the 2D realm since SOTN. Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia have been some of the best Metroid-vania style games in years.

I have a great feeling that Harmony of Despair will stay in this awesome lineup of Castlevania deliveries. Truly looking forward to purchasing this on day one.

Black Watch
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think they will have a map completion achievement b/c right away you can see the entire map. I do however see character achievements based on each character's abilities. Like Soma's souls, Alucard's dark magic, and Shanoa's glyphs, most likely making you collect them all.

The_ilest
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM
yeah im dying to get this game except im going to have to get some friends so i can play coop with.

[Waggly Bean]
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah im dying to get this game except im going to have to get some friends so i can play coop with.

Did you mean get some friends who have this game, or just get some friends in general...? :biglaugh

Its Fooga
07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
It's 2D but I don't think it'll be like SOTN or the other "Metroid-style" Castlevania games. Looks to me like there will be multiple large levels that have a target enemy. Should be fun for a while.

Yannie Boy
07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Now if we can only get a price mentioned. :)

My guess is there will be some Time Based chievos too.

[Waggly Bean]
07-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Now if we can only get a price mentioned. :)

I'm 99% sure it's already been confirmed as 1200MSP, as all the Summer of Arcade games are supposed to be that price. ;)

BBQ
07-21-2010, 07:13 PM
It Is Priced At 1200Msp, Also The Achivement's Arn't Similiar.

Anyone Looking Foward To The Other Castlevania Game?

I Can't Help But Think They Only Released This Game Incase The Core Castlevania Gamers(8-Bit) Won't Like The New Look Of Castlevania. I Ain't Complaining Though :)