PDA

View Full Version : Banned?

M85A21
07-07-2010, 03:21 AM
I have a friend coming to share a house with us in Uni and he has a flashed 360.
There will be around 6 people in the house and we all are gamers bar one.
If I play the flashed games with my account on his console offline is there anyway for me to get banned etc?

Sizzlebuzz
07-07-2010, 03:25 AM
If you think you're doing something wrong, you probably are. By flashed games you mean?

M85A21
07-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Yeah like he has hundreds on discs. Just wondering as I reall have no insight into the whole copied games scene.

DigitalTru7h
07-07-2010, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't risk it, just make an offline profile if you're afraid.

Sizzlebuzz
07-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Yeah like he has hundreds on discs. Just wondering as I reall have no insight into the whole copied games scene.

Do you mean burned? That's what I thought you might have meant. I'm not too up on what they're called. Yes, playing them would be grounds for you getting banned. But, I'm not sure how traceable it is to be honest. I've never really known anyone that did it. I've talked with people before that have, and they weren't banned at that time.

Gackt
07-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, you would get banned.

M85A21
07-07-2010, 03:34 AM
I mean, I would be playing them offline.
All Single Player 1000s like, so how would they know. He still plays online and has done for around a year or two and has yet to be banned.
I'm talking offline.

Sizzlebuzz
07-07-2010, 03:37 AM
All Single Player 1000s like, so how would they know. He still plays online and has done for around a year or two and has yet to be banned.
I'm talking offline.

Either way, it is something you can be banned for. And I think it's also illegal to own those discs :P.

As I said though, I don't know how they trace it. If you feel bad doing it, don't do it. If you can do it and still feel good about it, go for it. You're still earning what you're getting, you're just earning them on something that shouldn't exist.

Snowwwwy
07-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Im pretty sure with burned discs, there is no way to tell if a user is playing with burned or original discs. However, I may be wrong.

M85A21
07-07-2010, 04:58 AM
I know it's illegal. I know you can get banned. I'm just saying if I played my account on his box offline is there anyway to trace it.
I probably won't do it, but he has been doing it for so long and online I was wondering if they can even detect it.

EmporerDragon
07-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Yes, it can be traced if you are transferring the profile to and from the modded console. It could also possibly corrupt the profile.

Chaosx721
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
No you wont get banned. M$ doesn't ban accounts for playing burned games, only xboxs. There is no way for M$ to tell if you've played a burned games offline on another xbox. For all they know is you just played a game at a friends house while offline.

_DoTTeR_
07-07-2010, 06:42 AM
The only way to trace burned games is

1) Playing before legit release dates
2) the flashed 360 doesn't have up to date firmware/other things.

#2 is the reason he hasn't been banned he must update his stuff when xbox update theirs

Chaosx721
07-07-2010, 06:49 AM
The only way to trace burned games is

1) Playing before legit release dates
2) the flashed 360 doesn't have up to date firmware/other things.

#2 is the reason he hasn't been banned he must update his stuff when xbox update theirs
There's a few more then just that. Also playing before release date doesn't mean you have a burned copy, there's people that get early copies or stores sell them early so they can't know for sure.

Snowwwwy
07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
There's a few more then just that. Also playing before release date doesn't mean you have a burned copy, there's people that get early copies or stores sell them early so they can't know for sure.
Not that many tho. The people who play a game before the release date are usually burners.

Chaosx721
07-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Not that many tho. The people who play a game before the release date are usually burners.
Yea true, but if you do everything right Microsoft can't tell for sure if you're playing a legit copy or not. But I will agree to not play before release date, online at least.

dillon
07-07-2010, 07:11 AM
No you wont get banned. M$ doesn't ban accounts for playing burned games, only xboxs. There is no way for M$ to tell if you've played a burned games offline on another xbox. For all they know is you just played a game at a friends house while offline.

Oh, yes they do, every time a Microsoft AAA title comes out (Halo ODS
T, Forza 3) they do massive perma ban sweeps. A couple people on this site got perma banned.

SKIBADABOMSKI
07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Banned? You wish.
You'll be thrown into a Thai prison for 10 years where you'll have to eat sewer rats to survive and shag lady boys for pleasure.

Chaosx721
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh, yes they do, every time a Microsoft AAA title comes out (Halo ODS
T, Forza 3) they do massive perma ban sweeps. A couple people on this site got perma banned.
They do 1 ban wave a year, and its usually in the fall. And I'm 100% sure they didn't have a ban wave during Halo ODST or Forza 3 release as MW2 was the huge release for Microsoft so they had a ban wave then. I'm also 100% sure Microsoft doesn't ban accounts for playing burned games on first offense. If you get a 2nd xbox banned for playing burned games then I think they ban the accounts tied to that xbox.

So if you're playing on a flashed xbox, that hasn't been banned(As you will get a corrupt profile if you play on a banned xbox), offline you wont get banned. Trust me I've had a flashed xbox that got banned but my account is still fine, I have a friend that plays a shit ton of burned games and he's fine. Only way your account will get banned is if you mod your account is some way or your account is tied to a jtag xbox.

xtye
07-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, you would get banned.

Nope. The console can get banned, but the account won't. The achievements are still gained legit.

Snowwwwy
07-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Yea true, but if you do everything right Microsoft can't tell for sure if you're playing a legit copy or not. But I will agree to not play before release date, online at least.
Thats right. There is no way possible. Trust.

GR4V1G0R3
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
there are a few ways they can tell [if playing online] like they did with the banning spree of people stupid enough to play halo 3 before release, and maybe ODST aswell [9999 years :D]

but i don't know of any other definate way they can tell, disc ID's, but they are not stored in the data, only written on the disc its-self [including it in the media would be utterly rediculous, having to print each game as an individual, not gonna happen]

as for the security you would have, well, i know of many people who have played 'flashed' [copied] games, they haven't been account banned, only console [HID] bans, these can however corrupt your profile [if the console is banned, then you play on it, with your tag stored on the HDD] making you need to recover it

now there are also several stages to the banning process, first, the HID of the console is banned on XBL, this will not have any effect until the console connects to XBL again, so it [the 360] can be banned without knowing, then when it does connect, the ban is passed on to the console, this will make it so any data written to a storage device is corrupted, be it a gamertag, save game etc
i've heard some rumours they can be unbanned by JTAG'ing and doing a bit of jiggery pokery, but i don't care to read anymore on the matter, mines clean and staying clean

i think GT bans are for tampering with XBL/scores/game saves. along with just being a twat.

god knows how much of this information is correct, i'm new to the 360, it was however playing on a flashed box that made me buy a proper one....

if you do play on his 360, don't talk about it here, piracy is bad, and if you say you've played 'x' on a flashed machine, you WILL get either a reset or a ban, as others said, stay legit, it's the best way to be safe

Wortsenawl
07-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I like that you were against the guy who may have glitched a few points on GoW2, yet see no harm in this activity - what gives?

jackanape
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I like that you were against the guy who may have glitched a few points on GoW2, yet see no harm in this activity - what gives?

Hypocrisy gives.

Personally I find piracy to be worse than gamesaving because you are basically stealing something that should obviously have been paid for. When cheating points you are only cheating yourself - and are usually caught out at some point.

M85A21
07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
It's not really for my benifit. I have hundred of unopened games and old games for the 360. I have got 180,000GS legit I'm not gonna ruin it. But there will be 5 gamers in our house and it's more of the guys that don't understand how a flashed xbox can get you banned. 2 of them have over 120K GS.
It was just a question.

And Wortsenawl, I don't see a problem with it. This generation will never see a problem with it. I don't do it.

ProShooter88
07-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I wouldnt do it in my personal opinion,if you have money then buy them,its not worth it gettin banned Even thou microsoft cant trace it while your offline,i feel much better having my achievements and GS from legal legit games.

Wortsenawl
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
It was just a question.

And Wortsenawl, I don't see a problem with it. This generation will never see a problem with it. I don't do it.

Mine was a question too? If you play on his xbox with 'flashed' games then you are 'doing it'. If you allow him to 'flash' your games, then you are doing it. One might even say, guilty by association (like glitching other peoples achievements).

Guaranteed, if your house was raided by the Police on the basis that there is piracy taking place there, (this is an example, not saying it is likely to happen unless you buddy is in it big time), the Police would not say "oh, don't worry they don't belong to M85A21, let's let him alone." You would get arrested too.

You roll the dice, you take your chances.

mcgive
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
They do not ban the Xbox live account for playing burned games, they ban the Console from connecting to live. So you should be fine.

Sabrelord
07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Plain and simple wrong... maybe you should search a better game store. But playing something realy early, like 2-6 weeks early, will most probably put you in the line of fire, if it's a big name.

I can tell about what happened here last year, you got only your console banned, HDD install has been disbled for banned consoles, also the gamertag got corrupted and every save data touched AFTER the bann.
But you could still recover it online, and use your old HDD with all saves and DLC.
Using 2 360s is quite common one offline box flashed and one original for online, just swap your hdd.

But as i heard you get also a GT ban in the US, so things might be completely different.

xTGMx INF3RNO
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Basically he has a chipped xbox where u can play games E.G crackdown 2 which has been download. Defo get banned just dont play you account on his 360 why cheat neways tbh!!

mmartynn
07-09-2010, 12:38 AM
the games are pirated and the console is modded. i wouldnt touch it with a barge bole TBH. im sure creech wouldnt mind gettin his hands on your mate gamertag tho

Creech
07-09-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm talking offline.

And Wortsenawl, I don't see a problem with it. This generation will never see a problem with it.

Let me say this once for everyone else. Pointless to tell YOU since I am banning you as soon as I am done posting this.

Pirating software is illegal and unethical.

We do NOT tolerate piracy on this site.

End of story.

Corrupt.
07-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Let me say this once for everyone else. Pointless to tell YOU since I am banning you as soon as I am done posting this.

Pirating software is illegal and unethical.

We do NOT tolerate piracy on this site.

End of story.

He he, good lad Creech.

UmiSaint
07-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah, it's illegal. But it won't be traced. Firstly, there's almost no way you would be singled out if there was some kind of detection. Secondly, you're offline. No way.

TVthePunisher
07-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Good job Creech, he would have had a better time asking people on a forum dedicated to piracy (such as forums where users help each other mod their xboxes, sell software for editing gamerscore, etc.)...I knew you'd be here eventually =D

Look at me ;>_> talking like I know you all that well...I've just caught wind of your reputation and the first thing to come to mind when reading this is your input...hopefully he learns his lesson however, afterwards choosing NOT to use any form of piracy regardless of the circumstances (even one achievement earned through a pirated copy is wrong, am I right?).