PDA

View Full Version : A few Q's about getting the new xbox slim? <-------?

Fleetyy
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry guys, new to this website, please let me know if this is wrong section or repeat post, cheers.

Okay, well i really keen on getting the new xbox because it will be kinect ready and is "whisper quiet" :o

I have a few q's first, i currently have a xbox 360 pro (60gb) and i have a lot of stuff on there which i don't want to lose, things like arcade games, map packs (abuot 6 or 7), gamer pics etc. etc.

is there any possible way of getting them onto my new xbox if i buy one? (preferably without using my internet downloads :) )

Thanks in advance.

andami
07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
There are a few ways to do that, but the easiest is buying a data transfer kit.
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?id=976183&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Deadly Moves
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Yes there are 2 ways...
1. Buy a data transfer lead when you get your new 360
2. Use a 2gb+ flashdrive and move all your save data onto it

Neverender
07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I made a thread about how to upgrade your current 360 to be as good as the Slim while saving you money, and it covers being whisper-quiet and Kinect-ready. For what you want, you wouldn't even have to buy anything extra, just install games to your HDD, since the adapter for old 360s for Kinect comes with Kinect. I encourage you to at least check the thread out before investing in a slim. Here's the link (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=239689).

But to answer your questions, just buy a transfer cable. I also believe that Gamestop will do it for you if you go there, but I'm not 100% sure, so I'd call in advance and ask just to double check.

Tiddy08
07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Just get a transfer kit, you can buy one or I think you can still call them and get one for free.

TitansWar
07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Just because everyone else seemed to paraphrase what the first poster said, I will also jump on the bandwagon.

Basically, just buy/steal/rent a data transfer kit. Now you have 5 people telling you the same thing. Yay!