PDA

View Full Version : Nightingale (spoilers)

GoJoeThibaultGo
07-07-2010, 11:51 PM
So i just finished the game, and it was amazing.

But there is one thing that i never understood, maybe I missed it in a manuscript or a convo or whatever.. but

what was nightingale's reason for being in bright falls in the first place, and why was he after alan?

i read that in the alan wake files it explains that nightingales partner was killed and he was decommissioned from the fbi and somehow ended up in bright falls but what did that have to do with alan

doctor lollypop
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
guy relax..... maybe if you played the game right and didnt screw the pooch you would get the ending

Ozbaab
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
guy relax..... maybe if you played the game right and didnt screw the pooch you would get the ending

It's not about the ending.

It's not explained what Nightingale is doing in Bright Falls or why he is looking for Alan. At least not in the ending you're pointing at.

oDrPepper
07-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't know if you can find the thread, but someone had a really interesting theory about Nightingale... I'll look around and post if I find it.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229419

CoregBlue1
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
what´s with the names nightingale calls him?

Hemingway, Brad Easten Ellis, S. King?

GoJoeThibaultGo
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
all the names nightingale calls alan are a pun since alan is "the famous writer" and the names are all of real writers. i only realized what he was doing when he called alan lovecraft. funny guy

AngelCakeTom
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
As for why Nightinggale was there in the first place, you will just have to place your bet's there...

But he wants Alan for one very simple reason. In the manuscript he dies. and the manuscript is coming true. and in his drunk twisted mind, Alan must be responsible.. hense then "It's all here, intent to murder a federal agent' etc..

And in relative to the plot, Nightinggale takes Jagger's place. Rose becomes the new 'lady of the light' and Alan ofcourse follows Thomas Zanes footsteps and seals himself away in the dark place.. Everything wraps itself up neatly, you just have to concentrate on it properly...