PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Heated (Pun Intended)

Mister Buds
07-08-2010, 02:00 AM
this is mainly a rant, so just close your browser now.

EDIT: wrong forum, i know. my mistake.

let me give a little back story first...

i just got back from a two week vacation. our cottage, where i was staying, gets extremely hot. my mom won't let us get any air conditioners for it either. something to do with the windows or some bullshit excuse. my room is also on the second floor which gets significantly hotter than the ground floor. with three fans and every window on the floor opened, my room still stayed above 100 degrees the whole time.

finally, i get home and my piece of shit air conditioner is broken. only two years old. now, my parents have two air conditioners for themselves. one in our upstairs kitchen (which they're never in) and one in our downstairs kitchen (which they're always in). can i get the spare one? nope.

so, i go online and order myself a new air conditioner. cheapest one i could find was $130. since i've been sweating my fucking balls off for two and a half weeks now, i chose the next day shipping option as well (only $8 extra). after not having it delivered today, i decided to check my e-mail and make sure my order went through. i open their automatic confirmation e-mail and what do i see? they charged my credit card another $215 for shipping and handling. that's twice as much as the fucking air conditioner itself costs. was it not mentioned in the description that the thing's made of fucking gold?

best of all, there doesn't seem to be any option in the e-mail for me to cancel the order. going to wait until it finally decides to show up and hopefully there will be a way for me to return it. fucking ridiculous.

/rant.

Sidereal
07-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Where did you order it? Maybe you could just call the company directly and have some choice words with them about it?

And uh, not to be a dick or anything, but what does this have to do with the Xbox 360?

Corrupt.
07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm sure that this is an off topic rant ;)

Mister Buds
07-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Where did you order it? Maybe you could just call the company directly and have some choice words with them about it?

And uh, not to be a dick or anything, but what does this have to do with the Xbox 360?

damn, i always mix up 360 general chat and off-topic. well, not mix them up just always click the wrong one.

yeah, i was going to call the company once the thing arrives.

Sidereal
07-08-2010, 02:27 AM
I meant call them before it shipped, if it hadn't already. Seems kind of odd that they wouldn't tell you how much shipping was before you purchased it.

Unterofficer
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
At least you have an AC, and I don't think that your room is facing the sunny side all day long. And I don't think that you have a downstares neighbour who keeps nagging about noise even when you aren't around.

Still that is one bad ripoff.

StolenPaper18
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
You could always move somewhere with cooler weather...:woop:

That does sound very shitty that they charge you that much extra. Although, it does make sense that the shipping would be a lot as I am assuming the machine itself is probably heavy... But, it is unfair that they wouldn't say that they are going to charge you that much more. I'm sure a phone call will settle it.

Good luck and stay frosty.

guillermo316
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
if i din't have an AC i would die, its so hot, 102 degrees! OM'Z! that's crazy i was drinking like 10 water bottles a day! and dam those nasty plastic bottles but what can i do

Tiddy08
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
sounds like you need to call em and get it sorted out mate. when it arrives call em and send it back. And just buy loads of fans :)