PDA

View Full Version : Could someone with a 360 slim do me a favor?

LethalReturn
07-08-2010, 03:22 AM
While your 360 is off, and you unplug the cord from the outlet, does the light on the power supply fade orange and then flash red for a split second?

jedijaxpavan
07-08-2010, 05:28 AM
i didnt notice that happening. i moved it to another room the other day and the "yellow/orange light stayed on for acouple mins. i will check that in about 8 hours and let you know if you dont have an answer by then. im guessing yours went to red? dark red?

Pootcrum
07-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Regardless, I wouldn't imagine its anything to be worried about. It is likely a result of a discharging capacitor in the power supply, and the LED responds with varying colour at certain voltages.

LethalReturn
07-08-2010, 05:34 AM
After I unplugged it, it(the power supply) stayed orange for a bit, and then flashed red before completely powering off (the light on the power supply that is). I am assuming it changed color because the electricity was drained after unplugging the power supply.

I tried it again and the same thing happened, but my xbox seems to be fine when I powered it up. (I've only had it for a couple of weeks)

LethalReturn
07-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Regardless, I wouldn't imagine its anything to be worried about. It is likely a result of a discharging capacitor in the power supply, and the LED responds with varying colour at certain voltages.

Yea, thats what I'm thinking it is, for I have not had any problems playing the xbox and the red may indicate the loss of power from the power supply.

It was weird, I unplugged it to move it and noticed the power supply.